• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    5 games as starter

5.2 pts, 11.6 rebs, 2.0 Blks(2.8 fouls), .611 FG

Keep up the good work
    Biyombo has actually done OK, but as I feared it turns out that Scola fits even worse with the starters now than when JV was playing. Scola has a terrible -12 net rating over the 6 games since JV went down.

Might be time to put Patterson into the starting lineup beside Biyombo, let Scola provide some vet leadership for the bench beside BeBe.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Disagree, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Already too many players in and out of the lineup. Need to keep so consistency. Scola does all the little thing. His contributions just cant be measured by stats.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
        Bebe catches alley oops for breakfast. We should transition to an alley oop to Bebe based offense.
        You could have stopped there.
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Disagree, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Already too many players in and out of the lineup. Need to keep so consistency. Scola does all the little thing. His contributions just cant be measured by stats.
          Him in the starting lineup is bad... hence every game beginning with a "slow start". Scola can keep his minutes, just needs to come off the bench.

No, this is not the same as suggesting JV come off the bench.. don't go there lol

Comment

Disagree, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Already too many players in and out of the lineup. Need to keep so consistency. Scola does all the little thing. His contributions just cant be measured by stats.
            With JV out, Lowry sick, DC limping, Patterson needing a boost and a shitty team in town, if you're ever going to try something, maybe now would be good.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
              Him in the starting lineup is bad... hence every game beginning with a "slow start". Scola can keep his minutes, just needs to come off the bench.

No, this is not the same as suggesting JV come off the bench.. don't go there lol
              Yeah, Scola doesn't need to be with the starters to chip in with the occassional 20 point quarter or 8-10 rebounds. He's producing as a starter this year almost exactly what he produced off the bench in Indy last year. Just play him with the other guys. You'll still get his production. The starting unit needs some spacing and the second unit needs a shot creator/facilitator.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                With JV out, Lowry sick, DC limping, Patterson needing a boost and a shitty team in town, if you're ever going to try something, maybe now would be good.
                Nope! Stuck with the same old formula and lost to one of the worst teams in the league!

All according to plan.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

It is broke though, we're starting games horribly.

Comment

• 8 games as a starter

28.4 mins, 5.9 P, 10.4 R, 1.6 B, .567 FG .591 FT

Would still like to see Bebe start. Feel he has the most upside at the position but, can't complain with what BB doing as a starter.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

8 games as a starter

Would still like to see Bebe start. Feel he has the most upside at the position but, can't complain with what BB doing as a starter.
                      JV and Bebe both out. And Biz still in there a runnin' and a jumpin' and a swattin' (And making some dunks and free-throws to boot).

Nice work, Biz!

Comment

8 games as a starter

Bebe and Biyombo are the same age and Byombo is a better athlete so I'm not 100% convinced that Bebe has more upside. It is a question of what you expect is more likely

1. Can Biyombo learn to catch the ball? If he does he could be as good as Deandre Jordan.
                        2. Can Bebe become more physically dominant (rebounding, screens) and start to make use of the huge wing span on defense?

I think both of these are reasonable development goals. The issue we have is that we now have 3 centres who all have very high potential and who all need minutes to develop. Bebe can only learn so much in the D-league, the physicality of the nba is very different. For Biyombo it's the speed of the game, I'm sure he'd be a monster in an environment where passes came at him slowly, he needs to play at the NBA speed to develop.
                        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

• hateslosing wrote: View Post
                          Bebe and Biyombo are the same age and Byombo is a better athlete so I'm not 100% convinced that Bebe has more upside. It is a question of what you expect is more likely

1. Can Biyombo learn to catch the ball? If he does he could be as good as Deandre Jordan.
                          2. Can Bebe become more physically dominant (rebounding, screens) and start to make use of the huge wing span on defense?

I think both of these are reasonable development goals. The issue we have is that we now have 3 centres who all have very high potential and who all need minutes to develop. Bebe can only learn so much in the D-league, the physicality of the nba is very different. For Biyombo it's the speed of the game, I'm sure he'd be a monster in an environment where passes came at him slowly, he needs to play at the NBA speed to develop.
                          Having 3 young good Centers on your roster is a good problem to have.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• hateslosing wrote: View Post

Well, Bebe already rebounds, sets very good screens and makes use of his length on D. These are basic parts of his game that are already there. He still coasts or looks a little lost at times. The 2nd is fine as he's barely touched the court the last couple of years. The first worries me a bit because he generally has an aloof attitude. He has starter tools though...needs to get a bit stronger and needs to show the "coasting" isn't a real problem. Other than that injuries are what have been, and could continue to be, what hold him back.

Biyombo's been trying to learn to catch for years. So much that his previous team hired a catching coach...and it helped to the amount of exactly zero. He's a trash offensive player. He's a more athletic Reggie Evans type player. A bit worse in individual post D, a bit better at help D. Biyombo is a 4th/5th big in this league at best, and his game has not developed anything to make me think otherwise.

If Bebe keeps making contributions, Biyombo should become easily expendable and should see most/all of his minutes cut down when JV gets back.
                            Last edited by white men can't jump; Wed Dec 9, 2015, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Having 3 young good Centers on your roster is a good problem to have.
                              Yep, great problem to have. Especially when your starter breaks his hand.

I'm not sure we can hang on to Bismack after this season. I highly doubt he comes back for that $3M player option. He'll get much better offers now that he's proven he can hang in starting lineups (at least defense and rebounding wise).

Comment

• Next year if we have to choose between Bebe and Bismack as our backup C, I choose Bebe every time

Comment

Working...
                                X