No announcement yet.

Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's funny how after all hype and importance put on small ball and needing to shoot 3s this season it's 2 offensively challenged bigs (Biyombo and Adams) that are the X-factors in both series playing ~40 minutes a night. Big men will always have a place.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
      It's funny how after all hype and importance put on small ball and needing to shoot 3s this season it's 2 offensively challenged bigs (Biyombo and Adams) that are the X-factors in both series playing ~40 minutes a night. Big men will always have a place.
      On this very board, all year, a lot of talk about how JV wasn't that important because the era of big men is over. But the Finals might come down to Kanter and Adams vs. JV and Biyombo.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Dude, DeRozan ended up out-earning his contract big time, but at the time it was a definite overpay and everyone thought they should have waited for RFA to set his price.

Johnson was similarly criticized to a lesser degree, but largely because his deal was initially misreported and the actual figure was about right for market value (not a home town discount at all though).
        So, you don't credit the Raptors for their for-sight? Again, how much do you pay for a player with a limited skill-set, but a skill-set that is highly valued and not easily replaced?
        -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
        -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• One thing for sure is if Cleveland makes it to the Finals, they are absolutely gonna get murdered by OKC big men...Russ is ruthless...KD looks sharp.. and ohh forget all those KD talk eh...it's over. KD an OKC life timer.

Comment

• Raptorsss wrote: View Post
            So, you don't credit the Raptors for their for-sight? Again, how much do you pay for a player with a limited skill-set, but a skill-set that is highly valued and not easily replaced?
            The same foresight as Bargnani?

You could literally make the exact same argument there. It was a bad contract. DeRozan ended up outplaying it but that doesn't change the fact that it was a bad contract.
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
              The same foresight as Bargnani?

You could literally make the exact same argument there. It was a bad contract. DeRozan ended up outplaying it but that doesn't change the fact that it was a bad contract.
              We're talking Biyombo, here. You, think he will be a bust like Bargnani?
              -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
              -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                We're talking Biyombo, here. You, think he will be a bust like Bargnani?
                Do you think that any GM signs any contract expecting the player to be a bust? Not to mention that this is a different point then the one you were originally making.
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                  We should unfortunately prepare for Biz's departure. He's going to end of one of the most sought after free agents while it will be a struggle for us just to clear 12 mill. He'd cost not only Ross but Nando, the full MLE, JJ, and it still wouldn't be enough.

You could package Lowry and Ross to a team with cap room, maybe, but to what end?
                  How much do you think it would take for us to sign him?

Comment

• I really like Biz and I think he has been huge in the series but some of you guys are making him much bigger than he is and much more appealing to the other teams in the league.

Lets look at his past seasons and his numbers. This season has been his best year in NBA and even then, before this series he ONLY had respectable numbers as a back up C.

The guy is really challenged offensively and has a long way to go so I don't think he will be getting as high on the FA as some of you are suggesting.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                      I really like Biz and I think he has been huge in the series but some of you guys are making him much bigger than he is and much more appealing to the other teams in the league.

Lets look at his past seasons and his numbers. This season has been his best year in NBA and even then, before this series he ONLY had respectable numbers as a back up C.

The guy is really challenged offensively and has a long way to go so I don't think he will be getting as high on the FA as some of you are suggesting.
                      He's definitely gunna get paid. He's only 23 years old and playing some of the best basketball of his career deep in the playoffs, when it matters most. GM's probably can't help but think of ben wallace when they see what Biz is doing right now.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                        I really like Biz and I think he has been huge in the series but some of you guys are making him much bigger than he is and much more appealing to the other teams in the league.

Sam17 wrote: View Post
                        He's definitely gunna get paid. He's only 23 years old and playing some of the best basketball of his career deep in the playoffs, when it matters most. GM's probably can't help but think of ben wallace when they see what Biz is doing right now.

yep, it is perception and opportunity. dan posted it before, his numbers are actually slightly worse except free throws and defensive rebounding from a year ago as a potential washout. if jv doesn't get injured we are talking about maybe the mle is enough. he has stepped up at the best possible time for himself and his family.

two bad games and us out of the playoffs and we are back to square one as the basketball world is forced to watch the last two teams standing. right now people that want to watch a basketball game are forced to watch the raptors. they have no choice but to grade us and realize that there are players up here.
                        Last edited by Miekenstien; Wed May 25, 2016, 05:49 AM.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                          We should unfortunately prepare for Biz's departure. He's going to end of one of the most sought after free agents while it will be a struggle for us just to clear 12 mill. He'd cost not only Ross but Nando, the full MLE, JJ, and it still wouldn't be enough.

You could package Lowry and Ross to a team with cap room, maybe, but to what end?
                          Its not that much of struggle to clear room for Biz. As it sits if u keep the core guys including dd's cap hold on we have like 3m cap space. Trade Ross and you have room for Biz.

Comment

• hold on I need my DANH signal

if we do the following

1.) Let James Johnson walk
                            2.) Let Scola walk
                            3.) trade 27th pick
                            4.) Trade Ross for a future pick and cap space
                            5.) Let Jason Thompson walk
                            6.) hold off resigning DeRozan until after our FA signings

Can we sign Biyombo to a 4/44 - 4/48 type deal and still have the MLE for PJ Tucker?
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• I'm pretty sure that if we had to dip into cap space to sign a free agent we lose the non-tax payer mid level and only get the room mid-level which is about $2.9M (the amount we used on Biz last year).

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                                hold on I need my DANH signal

if we do the following

1.) Let James Johnson walk
                                2.) Let Scola walk
                                3.) trade 27th pick
                                4.) Trade Ross for a future pick and cap space
                                5.) Let Jason Thompson walk
                                6.) hold off resigning DeRozan until after our FA signings

Can we sign Biyombo to a 4/44 - 4/48 type deal and still have the MLE for PJ Tucker?
                                As soon as you use cap space, MLE disappears and you get the room MLE instead, as planetmars said. But yes, even just trading Ross and letting the other free agents walk, you can clear enough for Biyombo to sign for 10-15M a year.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X