No announcement yet.

Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great game by Biz. His paint presence was amazing. Like I said BB is a great fit with the starters cause than he can just play his role. If he continues to play like this you have to consider using JV as trade bait at the end of the year.

I've thinking about this since the clippers games. What do you think of JV+Ross for Gallo? He could play the stretch 4 for us. Spread the floor and he can get to the line.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      I've thinking about this since the clippers games. What do you think of JV+Ross for Gallo? He could play the stretch 4 for us. Spread the floor and he can get to the line.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Great game by Biz. His paint presence was amazing. Like I said BB is a great fit with the starters cause than he can just play his role. If he continues to play like this you have to consider using JV as trade bait at the end of the year.

2 games, man. one of which was a clipper meltdown. teams realize they don't have to guard biyombo, all they have to do is stop a pass to him beside the rim, which can be done without being close to him. Cavs realized he isn't a thread but didn't play it correctly.

Biyombo is not going to replace JV, it's insane. And that is a 10FTW level trade proposal.
        Last edited by KHD; Thu Nov 26, 2015, 11:37 AM.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
          2 games, man. one of which was a clipper meltdown. teams realize they don't have to guard biyombo, all they have to do is stop a pass to him beside the rim, which can be done without being close to him. Cavs realized he isn't a thread but didn't play it correctly.

Biyombo is not going to replace JV, it's insane. And that is a 10FTW level trade proposal.
          I said if he continues. To be honest I don't see why he cant keep playing like this.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• This thread is getting out of hand, lol.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post

Biyombo can't "replace" Jonas, but he can certainly increase his value in Casey's eyes.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Biyombo's minutes increased at Jonas' expense, even when Jonas is 100% healthy. I'm not saying I agree with this, just saying that Casey is somewhat predictable at finding any reason to limit his reliance on Jonas.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                This thread is getting out of hand, lol.
                lol wasn't trying to make this into a trade JV thread. JV is definitely a better C than BB and we should not consider trading him to free Bismack.

But BB has actually looked like a serviceable bigman playing with the starters and our bench really needs some help. Right now we are ranked 28th in bench scoring and 24th in bench defensive efficiency.

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
                  lol wasn't trying to make this into a trade JV thread. JV is definitely a better C than BB and we should not consider trading him to free Bismack.

But BB has actually looked like a serviceable bigman playing with the starters and our bench really needs some help. Right now we are ranked 28th in bench scoring and 24th in bench defensive efficiency.
                  This is why a lot of posters were clamouring for Scola to come off the bench, with 2 Pat in the starting lineup.

If JV comes off the bench, what are the chances he'll actually get touches? He barely gets any starting, and if they end up playing lineups where it's the bench + DeRozan/Lowry, most of the touches will be funneled their way.

Honestly I think Casey thinks that if a player is playing at the 5 position, it means that he's always the 5th option on offense as well.
                  OG is our king

Comment

• I actually think JVs a better fit coming off the bench, because A) it means Lowry and demar don't have to pretend to pass it inside, which they clearly don't want to
                    do, and B) it probably means better ball movement, as all movement is designed to die once the ball enters the post. Plus, as has been noted, the bench needs more scoring...
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Guys, if Biyombo plays his way into a starting role, that's bad. Because he can opt out this summer and we have no Bird Rights to re-sign him. So we'd have to make cap clearing moves to even be able to have him beyond this year.

For that reason alone JV should remain the starter (let alone all the other reasons, but those seem obvious).
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I don't know about you guys, but I always said it was a great idea to start Biyombo
                        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                        Because its 2015

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          Guys, if Biyombo plays his way into a starting role, that's bad. Because he can opt out this summer and we have no Bird Rights to re-sign him. So we'd have to make cap clearing moves to even be able to have him beyond this year.

For that reason alone JV should remain the starter (let alone all the other reasons, but those seem obvious).
                          If Biyombo (taken of the top of the scrap heap and paid peanuts) plays well enough to beat out the incumbent starter on a playoff team then that is a bad thing? And it's bad because of his contract status next year? Really? This is what is called "losing the plot".

Having said that, this whole thread is crazy in the first place. Biyombo is not a starter in the NBA. He will be able to fill in for these few weeks and he'll likely play just fine but if he's your starting centre over the next 66 games then the Raptors have serious issues....

Comment

• Not saying starting BB when JV comes back is a good idea.. but some times players when they get an opportunity will thrive. Look at what Hassan Whiteside has done in Miami (for example).

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Not saying starting BB when JV comes back is a good idea.. but some times players when they get an opportunity will thrive. Look at what Hassan Whiteside has done in Miami (for example).
                              Hey, if he plays like he played last night for the next 6 weeks then the Raptors have a great problem on their hands.

Comment

• Still a very SSS but biyombo with starters looks a whole lot better than biyombo with the bench unit.

But still JV is obviously the better player and should get the majority of the mins when he returns.

Comment

Working...
                                X