Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    bebe has reliable backup playing 20 mpg potential. i doubt he trades him. a 2 year window for bebe to build strength and make his body able to take the rigors of the schedule.
    Fixed that for you

Comment

• After seeing Biz and Bebe play, I'm starting to think that I would almost be okay with a potential JV trade if Masai can get a solid return. The NBA is moving away from the 90's and early 2000's style of having a slow 7 footer with good post skills. Having two long, athletic centres splitting the minutes is actually appealing to me if we ever land a strong player at the 4 spot. We would be able to play "small ball" if necessary (I think Bebe and Biz both have the footspeed), and still have the length to contend with guys like Drummond or Boogie. What do you guys think?

(Keep in mind, I am not calling for JV's head here. I love me some Lithuanian Loveboat).

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
        After seeing Biz and Bebe play, I'm starting to think that I would almost be okay with a potential JV trade if Masai can get a solid return. The NBA is moving away from the 90's and early 2000's style of having a slow 7 footer with good post skills. Having two long, athletic centres splitting the minutes is actually appealing to me if we ever land a strong player at the 4 spot. We would be able to play "small ball" if necessary (I think Bebe and Biz both have the footspeed), and still have the length to contend with guys like Drummond or Boogie. What do you guys think?

(Keep in mind, I am not calling for JV's head here. I love me some Lithuanian Loveboat).
        I agree with this, Biyombo in particular has demonstrated that he can be trusted in a starting role without hurting us too badly and Bebe could then move into a more consistent back up role. It is definitely a downgrade vs JV, who is on his way to being a top center in the league, but if you can move JV to get a top level power forward or combination forward, I think it improves the team.

Looking around the league though, I don't see many players I'd actually be willing to pull the trigger on since most of the kind of guys you want for someone like Jonas are likely not going to be available. Maybe someone like Favors?
        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

• hateslosing wrote: View Post
          I agree with this, Biyombo in particular has demonstrated that he can be trusted in a starting role without hurting us too badly and Bebe could then move into a more consistent back up role. It is definitely a downgrade vs JV, who is on his way to being a top center in the league, but if you can move JV to get a top level power forward or combination forward, I think it improves the team.

Looking around the league though, I don't see many players I'd actually be willing to pull the trigger on since most of the kind of guys you want for someone like Jonas are likely not going to be available. Maybe someone like Favors?
          I really don't want to move JV. He's young, and in his first 4 seasons his foul rate has dropped and his usage rate has gone up while his efficiency has stayed the same. He's growing the right way, and I think we could use him better but trading him and relying on Biz and Bebe is still a big drop in offensive efficiency at that spot. In my opinion, JV's defensive deficiencies tend to relate to his usage. When he isn't given the ball on offense he gets demoralized and stops working as hard on defense. So it's up to our guards to keep him involved offensively so he stays engaged.

I love what Biz has given us with JV out, on the same token. I think both him and Bebe will be great backup 5s, and we should decide who's a better fit for our system and use the other one to try to find a bench 3 and D wing, or a solid 4.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• hateslosing wrote: View Post

Geezers again. Biyombo is too flawed to even receive regular minutes especially in a series where teams can and do adjust. Spurs were clogging the paint but Demar was hitting everything and they couldnt stop pentration. That wasn't the best defense in the NBA last night.

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
              After seeing Biz and Bebe play, I'm starting to think that I would almost be okay with a potential JV trade if Masai can get a solid return. The NBA is moving away from the 90's and early 2000's style of having a slow 7 footer with good post skills. Having two long, athletic centres splitting the minutes is actually appealing to me if we ever land a strong player at the 4 spot. We would be able to play "small ball" if necessary (I think Bebe and Biz both have the footspeed), and still have the length to contend with guys like Drummond or Boogie. What do you guys think?

hateslosing wrote: View Post

I agree with both of you. I've always said that this team would be better off with a defensive minded type of Center instead of an offensive minded Center. I think its just a better fit with how the raps want to play.

Masai needs to take advantage of how good Lowry/DD are right now. He need to add another All-star with this backcourt.

That's why I feel if the raps get passed the first round and have a good showing in the second round. Ross, JV and NYK/DEN pick will he packaged up to bring in another All-Star/Superstar.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I have no issue with trading JV for a superstar.

For anything less, it's a bad move.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I also think that Bebe has a higher ceiling than just a career back up. I could see Bebe becoming like a Noah type player. Defensive first, great feel for the game and has the size. The only thing missing is the intensity that Noah plays with. His already a way better finisher than Noah and has that mid range jumper.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    Geezers again. Biyombo is too flawed to even receive regular minutes especially in a series where teams can and do adjust. Spurs were clogging the paint but Demar was hitting everything and they couldnt stop pentration. That wasn't the best defense in the NBA last night.
                    9 games as a stater (6-3)

6.3 PPG, 10.0 RPG, 1.4 BPG, .595 FG 28.1 MPG

Also we would have Bebe who give us a totally different look.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      9 games as a stater (6-3)

6.3 PPG, 10.0 RPG, 1.4 BPG, .595 FG 28.1 MPG

Also we would have Bebe who give us a totally different look.
                      Again we're using team record to justify a single player? Surely, you must see the flaws in this logic by now.

Comment

• The relentless optimism of certain parts of the fanbase is at the same time amusing, impressive and frustrating.

Bebe has had a few good games, but he's not suddenly the second coming of Moses Malone. Bismack has been good at filling a void while Jonas is out. This doesn't mean we should suddenly trade Jonas, who was fantastic before the injury and makes our team a lot better when he's on the floor. It means we have depth and Bismack and Bebe are both good depth guys on great contracts.

Comment

• Bismack and Bebe are both decent backup centers, Jonas is still clearly the much better player.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Again we're using team record to justify a single player? Surely, you must see the flaws in this logic by now.
                            Record just proves that you can still win games with him as your starting Center.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
                              Bismack and Bebe are both decent backup centers, Jonas is still clearly the much better player.
                              Only on offence. Both Bebe and BB are superior than him on D. It's not hard to be really efficient when your playing in a drive and dish system with our backcourt. BB is shooting .595 from the field as starter and Bebe is shooting .824 from the field.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                Only on offence. Both Bebe and BB are superior than him on D. It's not hard to be really efficient when your playing in a drive and dish system with our backcourt. BB is shooting .595 from the field as starter and Bebe is shooting .824 from the field.
                                Sample size, man. Bismack is shooting .488 on the season. Bebe has taken 17 shots total this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X