Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Yep. 14 minutes of bebe will be just fine. People don't forget he can actually catch and pass
    but I still think we should sign someone to challenge him for minutes.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
      17 Milion !!! I call BS and let the other idiots pay it.

I did not see anything from this guy to think he is legitimate starting C in this league.
      The thing is next season and beyond if he plays like he's been playing this past month then they're not fools. It's not a bargain but centers like him are hard to find. Supply and demand contribute greatly to market value.

Biz plays elite defense. He hits the offensive glass. He boxes out on his side for the rebound. He can hit open mid range shots. He can finish around the basket and draw contact. He's always a threat to make an impressive block. He plays with high energy and intensity. He's a prick to the other team, getting in their heads. I mean seriously, who wouldn't want him if there is a need for a center? He's not an all star but that's ok, most players in the league aren't. There are lots of guys making big coin and not going to all star games, guys on winning teams even.

If the Raptors didn't have JV I personally would be fine with them swinging for the fences and locking in for $17M. It's not as large as it sounds now.

Comment

• Biz is without question worth more than DeMar, so is 17 million so crazy?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          The thing is next season and beyond if he plays like he's been playing this past month then they're not fools. It's not a bargain but centers like him are hard to find. Supply and demand contribute greatly to market value.

Biz plays elite defense. He hits the offensive glass. He boxes out on his side for the rebound. He can hit open mid range shots. He can finish around the basket and draw contact. He's always a threat to make an impressive block. He plays with high energy and intensity. He's a prick to the other team, getting in their heads. I mean seriously, who wouldn't want him if there is a need for a center? He's not an all star but that's ok, most players in the league aren't. There are lots of guys making big coin and not going to all star games, guys on winning teams even.

If the Raptors didn't have JV I personally would be fine with them swinging for the fences and locking in for $17M. It's not as large as it sounds now.
          Biz is a good mobile defender and elite shot blocker but I think he is like 6'9 if I'm not mistaken. I wonder if he can hold his own against physical big men as a starter? He also has stone hand's and unreliable jumpshot. I Love his hustle and grit but some team will pay him and he will get exposed on offense I guarantee you.

Comment

• I'm starting to wonder if he is the 04/05 Jerome James.

Comment

• Billy103 wrote: View Post
              Biz is a good mobile defender and elite shot blocker but I think he is like 6'9 if I'm not mistaken. I wonder if he can hold his own against physical big men as a starter? He also has stone hand's and unreliable jumpshot. I Love his hustle and grit but some team will pay him and he will get exposed on offense I guarantee you.
              He's been holding his own all year when he's started. 6'9" isn't a very good argument, but on court play is a great counter argument.

Everytime I see him take a jumpshot, which is rare, he nails it.

The Raptors weren't getting exposed on offense with him playing heavy minutes in the playoffs of all places. Make no mistake, you don't sign Biz to carry the weight on offense. You sign Biz to carry the weight on defense. If you have a team with some good scorers he would blend in nicely on offense because he doesn't need the ball to create points. He'll get put backs, alleyoops, and yes, occasionally a jumpshot. I don't know why people think that centers need a complete game to get paid. Biz is a lot better than many guys I can name who landed big contracts in the past with a much lower cap.
              Last edited by Apollo; Thu May 26, 2016, 09:35 AM. Reason: .

Comment

• peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
                I'm starting to wonder if he is the 04/05 Jerome James.
                The difference here is JJ was lazy and showed no signs of life prior to a playoff run just before to getting paid. Biz has an entirely different heart.

I get why we want to write him off though because clearly he's out of the Raptors budget.

Comment

• I knew he was going to be overpaid but I didn't think he would be THAT overpaid. Go get that money, big fella. Can't even get mad at that.

Bebe's good enough to be the back up 5 next year and can actually play some at the 4.
                  "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                  "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

He's been holding his own all year when he's started. 6'9" isn't a very good argument, but on court play is a great counter argument.

Everytime I see him take a jumpshot, which is rare, he nails it.

The Raptors weren't getting exposed on offense with him playing heavy minutes in the playoffs of all places. Make no mistake, you don't sign Biz to carry the weight on offense. You sign Biz to carry the weight on defense. If you have a team with some good scorers he would blend in nicely on offense because he doesn't need the ball to create points. He'll get put backs, alleyoops, and yes, occasionally a jumpshot. I don't know why people think that centers need a complete game to get paid. Biz is a lot better than many guys I can name who landed big contracts in the past with a much lower cap.
                    You must not watch him take many jump shots. Outside of 3 feet this season, he shot 36% from the field. In the playoffs, 33% outside of 3 feet.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

The difference here is JJ was lazy and showed no signs of life prior to a playoff run just before to getting paid. Biz has an entirely different heart.

I get why we want to write him off though because clearly he's out of the Raptors budget.
                      I don't want to write him off. He's just not really starting quality. Great backup, good spot starter. But too easy to gameplan against as a full time starter.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        You must not watch him take many jump shots. Outside of 3 feet this season, he shot 36% from the field. In the playoffs, 33% outside of 3 feet.
                        I didn't google his stat line, I'm going based on memory. How many has he taken? Not many. He has good form. He's not getting $17m to hit jumpshots.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          I don't want to write him off. He's just not really starting quality. Great backup, good spot starter. But too easy to gameplan against as a full time starter.
                          So easy that he embarrassed Kev and Tristan in back to back games.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                            17 Milion !!! I call BS and let the other idiots pay it.

I did not see anything from this guy to think he is legitimate starting C in this league.
                            Do people still not understand how much funny money is going to be out there this offseason? I guess not.

Again, this is the reason you don't want to bank on free agents: they are almost always wildly overpaid. And they get more expensive every year. The Carroll, Lowry, Joseph contracts are all steals.

Comment

I didn't google his stat line, I'm going based on memory. How many has he taken? Not many. He has good form. He's not getting $17m to hit jumpshots.
                              He would be a good fit for a team with a lot of scoring option's but you can't really count on him offensively at all. I know he is a fan favorite but I think we are all just caught up in the moment.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                                Do people still not understand how much funny money is going to be out there this offseason? I guess not.

Again, this is the reason you don't want to bank on free agents: they are almost always wildly overpaid. And they get more expensive every year. The Carroll, Lowry, Joseph contracts are all steals.
                                True but centers like this are really hard to find. I don't see any in the draft that can bring this next season. I don't see any in FA who won't cost more than Biz.

Billy103 wrote: View Post
                                He would be a good fit for a team with a lot of scoring option's but you can't really count on him offensively at all. I know he is a fan favorite but I think we are all just caught up in the moment.
                                I clearly said that a team with strong offensive weapons would be a good fit. I'm not getting caught up in anything. Defensive players always get underrated and offensive players always get overrated. The two way guys are few and far between. Defense wins in the playoffs though.

Comment

Working...
                                X