Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    To be fair it also wasn't that long ago that JV was playing fantastic defence vs the Heat and Biyombo was struggling at the start of that series.
    Biyombo is a good small ball C. But he absolutely got destroyed by Hassan.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      Please don't bring up Rodman and Ben Wallace - this is recency bias at its finest. Prime Big Ben gave you 3.5 bpg and was a force way out of Biyombo's league.

Biyombo is a lot of fun, gets the crowd fired up, and like several other players on the team, the Raptors wouldn't be here without him.

The Cavs wouldn't have made the finals last year without Delly, TT, and Mozgov. Is Delly Gary Payton now? Is Thompson the new Rodman? Is Mozgov Hakeem all of a sudden?

Thompson got overpaid in part because injuries showed how much the Cavs needed him last spring, and because GM Lebron. But on a healthy Cavs team? TT is definitely overpaid. That's absolutely in play for Biyombo, who is essentially doing what he always does, it's just under bright lights and the fans are hyped. What Biyombo "always does" has rightly thus far limited him to a 20 mpg bench player role. 5 points, 8 rebounds, 1.5 blocks is what this guy gives you in a healthy rotation. How many players do the Raps want to dump and how many millions off the cap space do they want to commit to keep that in house?
      I wasnt comparing him to Ben Wallace others were and ya they said hes "playing like Ben" which is a temporary comparison. If he was Ben 2 we'd be talking about a lot more than 10-12m. I think Ben signed with Chicago 10 years ago for 60m/4yrs and his numbers werent great for those four years - definitely not 3.5 blocks a game. His ft% was horrible too which hurts for his role 15m/yr TEN YRS AGO and we're talking about 10-12 for Biz now. Ok Ben light - with Ben light pay still a no brainer.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        he would get the exact same thing out of bebe that we are
        Casey only noticed JV the last game he played yet your trusting he'd develop/utilize Bebe properly? Pop or Brown would have been running through JV like crazy eons ago. Theyd have a hundred set plays for him not treating him like JYD.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
          Casey only noticed JV the last game he played yet your trusting he'd develop/utilize Bebe properly? Pop or Brown would have been running through JV like crazy eons ago. Theyd have a hundred set plays for him not treating him like JYD.
          casey built jv into the player he is today

Comment

jv might have had a just little to do with it too

Comment

Casey's also responsible for the fact that the general NBA fan considers JV a top 20 or so center, and nowhere near the class of guys like Drummond or Whiteside, despite the fact that JV wins the matchups versus those guys.

Casey has been the coach while JV has developed, but Casey has also horribly underutilized JV.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Casey is the reason why JV is under-utilized.

JV is who he is because of JV. He is the person who dominated the Pacers and Heat. Casey still under-utilized him lol.
                Last edited by A.I; Wed May 25, 2016, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                  I wasnt comparing him to Ben Wallace others were and ya they said hes "playing like Ben" which is a temporary comparison. If he was Ben 2 we'd be talking about a lot more than 10-12m. I think Ben signed with Chicago 10 years ago for 60m/4yrs and his numbers werent great for those four years - definitely not 3.5 blocks a game. His ft% was horrible too which hurts for his role 15m/yr TEN YRS AGO and we're talking about 10-12 for Biz now. Ok Ben light - with Ben light pay still a no brainer.
                  Other stuff aside, we are talking about more than 10-12m. Some GM out there is likely to offer him max + a starting spot. If Masai can sweet talk Biz into re-signing here for 10m + 20 mpg, everyone will be singing Masai's praises again - that move is a no brainer and likely a pipe dream.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                    Other stuff aside, we are talking about more than 10-12m. Some GM out there is likely to offer him max + a starting spot. If Masai can sweet talk Biz into re-signing here for 10m + 20 mpg, everyone will be singing Masai's praises again - that move is a no brainer and likely a pipe dream.
                    Wait...you think someone is maxing Biyombo?
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                      Wait...you think someone is maxing Biyombo?
                      I don't think anyone maxes him out but I think a team will overpay him by a lot. A lot of money this off season; not a lot of places to put it.
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                        I don't think anyone maxes him out but I think a team will overpay him by a lot. A lot of money this off season; not a lot of places to put it.
                        I offer Tristan Thomson as exibit #1. There are 29 other GMs watching this series. It takes just 1. Good for BB...he hit the lottery by choosing Toronto.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                          Casey's also responsible for the fact that the general NBA fan considers JV a top 20 or so center, and nowhere near the class of guys like Drummond or Whiteside, despite the fact that JV wins the matchups versus those guys.

Casey has been the coach while JV has developed, but Casey has also horribly underutilized JV.
                          In a way I think the way Casey's coached JV has kind of helped him. He's always had a short leash, but I think that's helped him become a disciplined, efficient player. Contrast that with DeMar who's been given free reign from day 1 and developed tons of bad habits as a result. Sometimes there can be a longterm benefit to restricting a guy a bit.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                            I offer Tristan Thomson as exibit #1. There are 29 other GMs watching this series. It takes just 1. Good for BB...he hit the lottery by choosing Toronto.
                            He really did. He had one foot out of the league.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
                            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• the thing is Biz's regular season numbers are pretty much exactly the same as last year.

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
                                the thing is Biz's regular season numbers are pretty much exactly the same as last year.
                                They are.

The exposure is what's different. Perception is a powerful drug.

Comment

Working...
                                X