Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hateslosing wrote: View Post
    Fun fact: he's the second best offensive rebounder in the league right now and him and Scola are 7 and 8 respectively for total rebounding %. Per basketball reference:

Offensive Rebound Pct
    1. Enes Kanter ▪ OKC 21.0
    2. Bismack Biyombo ▪ TOR 19.3
    His been a beast on the glass. If he could just learn to catch and finish he'd be a problem. Looking at his stats so far his only had one game where his had a really tough time finishing. Against Buck where he went 1-7 from the field. The other 4 games his shooting .500 from the field.

His here for his D though. When he comes in the game the D automatically picks up.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
      How long would you wait to see his "hands" improve - even a little bit (more dunks + layups ... and maybe semi- reasonable shooting from within 3-5 feet).

I'd happily offer him a couple of years at 4 or 5, if he'd do it.
      I just don't like the idea of keeping a guy that you cant really play in a 7 game playoff series, which we should be looking at for the next few years. Like we really cant have stretches where its 4 v 5 on offense. He doesn't need to be a post up threat, but he needs some skill.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        His been a beast on the glass. If he could just learn to catch and finish he'd be a problem. Looking at his stats so far his only had one game where his had a really tough time finishing. Against Buck where he went 1-7 from the field. The other 4 games his shooting .500 from the field.

His here for his D though. When he comes in the game the D automatically picks up.
        Keep in mind though that nearly all of his shots come within 10 feet of the basket. He is shooting 54.5% from 0-3 feet and 27.3% from 3-10 feet, both are bad. He also turns the ball over often which is a bad combo. I like him, but man he is bad on offense.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
          Can you learn better hands?
          You can learn pretty much anything, just a question of how much. I bet quite a few of the 'defensive centres' of the past weren't well-regarded for their hands coming into the league, but subtly become passable as their careers went along. I'm thinking guys like Theo Ratliff, Eric Dampier, Sam Dalembert.

He looks ok catching rebounds. It's almost layup skills that we're talking about with BB, and we know those are more mechanical than anything.

Finally, the word is he got somewhat better catching/finishing in Charlotte. Hopefully there's a comfort factor as well.

Comment

• Don't know why they don't let Bebe challenge Biyombo for minutes. Right now, Biyombo is useless on offense, turns the ball over and fouls alot. Unless he improves alot he can't be used in playoff games. If he doesn't foul out he puts the team into penalty quick

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
              Don't know why they don't let Bebe challenge Biyombo for minutes. Right now, Biyombo is useless on offense, turns the ball over and fouls alot. Unless he improves alot he can't be used in playoff games. If he doesn't foul out he puts the team into penalty quick
              Bebe couldn't get minutes over psycho-t. I don't see it happening with BB
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                Bebe couldn't get minutes over psycho-t. I don't see it happening with BB
                If he cant, Raptors need to trade for a backup C.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                  Keep in mind though that nearly all of his shots come within 10 feet of the basket. He is shooting 54.5% from 0-3 feet and 27.3% from 3-10 feet, both are bad. He also turns the ball over often which is a bad combo. I like him, but man he is bad on offense.
                  SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                  You can learn pretty much anything, just a question of how much. I bet quite a few of the 'defensive centres' of the past weren't well-regarded for their hands coming into the league, but subtly become passable as their careers went along. I'm thinking guys like Theo Ratliff, Eric Dampier, Sam Dalembert.

He looks ok catching rebounds. It's almost layup skills that we're talking about with BB, and we know those are more mechanical than anything.

Finally, the word is he got somewhat better catching/finishing in Charlotte. Hopefully there's a comfort factor as well.
                  First, no one's looking for Biz to replace Jonas as our starting center. He doesn't need to get that much better.

I also suspect that Biz is going flat out, early in the season, to prove his worth to his teammates and coaches. He averaged 2.0 fouls/game last season, in 20 mins./game; he's doubled that to 4, in the early going, for the Raps.

And though he's quite a "zen" seeming guy, he may be dealing with some nerves, too - as well as trying to finish, on offence, while he's literally giving 100% on "D". If he can make 50% of his free throws (he can), maybe finishing lay-ups, put-backs and 4-foot jump-shots is as much a "head" and "zen" matter as a purely "hands" matter. Anyway, I'll keep hoping, for awhile, that he can make some small but crucial improvements on the highest percentage shots, to augment his stellar D.

As for playing in the playoffs, I have a suspicion that Biz might be the only Rap who can handle (for example) LeBron in the post. I wouldn't say that he won't find things to do in key moments when push really comes to shove.
                  Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Fri Nov 6, 2015, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• Biz is only taking 48% of his shots within 0-3 feet compared to 74% last season.. That's an issue.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                      First, no one's looking for Biz to replace Jonas as our starting center. He doesn't need to get that much better.

I also suspect that Biz is going flat out, early in the season, to prove his worth to his teammates and coaches. He averaged 2.0 fouls/game last season, in 20 mins./game; he's doubled that to 4, in the early going, for the Raps.

And though he's quite a "zen" seeming guy, he may be dealing with some nerves, too - as well as trying to finish, on offence, while he's literally giving 100% on "D". If he can make 50% of his free throws (he can), maybe finishing lay-ups, put-backs and 4-foot jump-shots is as much a "head" and "zen" matter as a purely "hands" matter. Anyway, I'll keep hoping, for awhile, that he can make some small but crucial improvements on the highest percentage shots, to augment his stellar D.

As for playing in the playoffs, I have a suspicion that Biz might be the only Rap who can handle (for example) LeBron in the post. I wouldn't say that he won't find things to do in key moments when push really comes to shove.
                      If Biz is seeing the floor with LBJ the rotations got messed up. Bron isn't posting up Biz he'll face up and get fouled everytime. You can't protect the rim against LBJ you have to meet him much earlier before he can get a step or two

Comment

• I present an alternate via the bold.

tDotted wrote: View Post
                        Biz is only taking 48% of his shots within 0-3 feet compared to 74% last season.. That's an issue.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                          raptors999 wrote: View Post
                          If Biz is seeing the floor with LBJ the rotations got messed up. Bron isn't posting up Biz he'll face up and get fouled everytime. You can't protect the rim against LBJ you have to meet him much earlier before he can get a step or two
                          Maybe so, indeed. Really, I was just curious what more knowledgeable posters might think about how he might be used/useful against some of the biggest challenges we might face if we do manage to win a round or two this year.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                            I present an alternate via the bold.
                            "You win!" -Kenny Smith voice

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                              Biz is only taking 48% of his shots within 0-3 feet compared to 74% last season.. That's an issue.
                              Sure. But he's only taken 23 shots. And his FT% is actually .615. I think he'll settle down a bit. Maybe the team will adjust to him, too, in some ways. Hope so, anyway.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                                Axel wrote: View Post
                                I present an alternate via the bold.
                                As I've said above (somewhere), and especially if it might be a "head" thing (in part), I'd prefer they show some confidence/hope in Biz. Young guy. Great guy. Former Lottery pick. Huge upside.

Like Anthony Bennett, I'd assume that's a big reason why he's come here, really.
                                Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Fri Nov 6, 2015, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X