Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    Love your optimism... but sadly....I think Biz is gone.
    With our current committed contracts and cap holds being what they are....we just won't have the money to pay him.

Tip of the hat to a great guy who gave it all he had when he was here and earned himself a tidy new deal.
    I think he'd be a little more guarded if he wasn't confident in his return. We can get to almost 16 mill starting salary - that's not peanuts.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
      But I just don't see how any team can have JV,Biz,Lottery Pick Poetl, Siakam and Bebe. And none of them are particularly flexible to play the 4. It's just weird.

Unless they are preparing to move JV I just cant imagine all of them on the roster. But Masai and Casey speak extremely highly of JV and always mention him as a core piece and when discussing next season play style. It's just a weir scenario.

somethings got to give, I just don't know which way they are going to go. off season just got even more interesting with the draft.
      I disagree. You start PP next to JV (unless JP is ready). Then Biz/Poeltl is a great look off the bench. It's as simple as that really - and one of the best 4/5 rotations in the league.

To top it off, we've got 3 guys that can play spot minutes as stretch 4s - Carroll, Bruno, Daniels. And two backup bigs just in case - Bebe and Pascal.

Lots of options, not a lot of issues that I can see.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
        But I just don't see how any team can have JV,Biz,Lottery Pick Poetl, Siakam and Bebe. And none of them are particularly flexible to play the 4. It's just weird.
        Talent triumph position. Its the new NBA, finding players who can play multiple positions for when you want to play big or go small.

ball4life wrote: View Post
        Unless they are preparing to move JV I just cant imagine all of them on the roster. But Masai and Casey speak extremely highly of JV and always mention him as a core piece and when discussing next season play style. It's just a weir scenario.
        They speak highly on JV cause they think highly on JV but so do the Kings on Cousins, it don't mean that if an interesting deal was on the table then both teams might have to take a long and hard look at. Vlade also chosed a big in the draft cause either he is stupid or he thinks what life will be after Cousins who is dying to leave.

ball4life wrote: View Post
        somethings got to give, I just don't know which way they are going to go. off season just got even more interesting with the draft.
        Eventually something will be given. Masai is an opportunistic GM, if the right deal comes along he will pounce on it and if not then he is willing to live with what he's got for the short and the long terms.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Did anyone watch the season finale of Open Gym? Biz candidly talked about this year's team being the best atmosphere he's ever played in, and how it made him love the game of basketball again. Coming from the shitstain of a franchise (Hornets), I can't blame him.

For a guy who's family used to go to bed hungry most nights, he doesn't seem like someone overly concerned about a few million bucks here and there. He almost has a layman's appreciation for the millions made by NBA players and know he's set regardless of the specifics of his next contract.

He genuinely believes there's a way for him to remain a Raptor.
          Yeah, that really stood out to me. That and DeMar coming to tears talking about how bad he wants to stay here, how he's been saying that for the past 7 years but nobody listens. "I been reppin' Toronto more than anyone."
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Did anyone watch the season finale of Open Gym? Biz candidly talked about this year's team being the best atmosphere he's ever played in, and how it made him love the game of basketball again. Coming from the shitstain of a franchise (Hornets), I can't blame him.

For a guy who's family used to go to bed hungry most nights, he doesn't seem like someone overly concerned about a few million bucks here and there. He almost has a layman's appreciation for the millions made by NBA players and know he's set regardless of the specifics of his next contract.

He genuinely believes there's a way for him to remain a Raptor.
            S.R. wrote: View Post
            Yeah, that really stood out to me. That and DeMar coming to tears talking about how bad he wants to stay here, how he's been saying that for the past 7 years but nobody listens. "I been reppin' Toronto more than anyone."
            the thing with biyombo and i hope masai and his agent explain it to him that he can do much better in africa and for the congo with 17 million than he can for 10 million.

he talks about mutombo and the hospitals he has built. it will end up on what are biyombos life goals.
            Last edited by Miekenstien; Tue Jun 28, 2016, 05:13 AM.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              the thing with biyombo and i hope masai and his agent explain it to him that he can do much better in africa and for teh congo with 17 million than he can for 10 million.

he talks about mutombo and the hospitals be has built. it will end up on what are biyombos life goals.
              Yeah im with you, can't fault the guy for getting money to positively impact the world. Want him back, but seems like he gets that there its more than basketball, mad respect.

Comment

• Guys if Biz had Patterson's jumpshot/3pt shot and a bit better handles

would he be considered a perfect fit next to JV?
                Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• I think 10M$ a season can do it.

Valanciunas | Biyombo | Nogueira
                  Poeltl | Patterson | Siakam
                  Carroll | Anderson | Caboclo
                  Ross | Powell | Carter
                  Lowry | Joseph | Wright

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                    Guys if Biz had Patterson's jumpshot/3pt shot and a bit better handles

If Biz had Patterson's shot and good handles, he'd be one of the best players in the league.

Big 'if'

Comment

Not a bit better handles, just handles to begin with and then he can get better.
                      Biz vs Pau: we know how biz fits defensively and culturally. It's an investment in a young player that is improving and can be molded to our purpose. His intangibles are off the charts. He's one of a few players that can at least challenge Bron, hes younger and likely the only player we can get with this ability in the near future. Our 2nd best rim protector is bebe. I'll be happy if bebe takes us to the final of summer league; he's not guarding Bron in ECF.
                      Money: I think 12m is fair. Matching him with jv at 14-15m is a stretch for our budget but acceptable. 18-20m is crazy. The city loves biz and we have a great market. Get him in a biosteel commercial fighting lions. What other city has 5k fans in j park?
                      If it doesn't work out then he can be traded.
                      Cap room: Ross to Orlando for trade exception, 1st, 2nd and Nicholson s&t. Sign dwright at vet min. Develop Powell's 3pt shot. Hopefully 5 picks is enough is to get into the lottery again next year and delon gets pt so he is a chip.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                        I think 10M$ a season can do it.

Valanciunas | Biyombo | Nogueira
                        Poeltl | Patterson | Siakam
                        Carroll | Anderson | Caboclo
                        Ross | Powell | Carter
                        Lowry | Joseph | Wright
                        I don't think 10 can do it. We can do 15 though.

Comment

If if was a fifth we'd all be drunk

Comment

He would be called Draymond Green.

Comment

• This guy is gone ...

Comment

• I think he's going to be good value when we sign him at 15.

Comment

Working...
                                X