Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    One thing I'm curious about is how Biz went from a non-tender $3 million player to the almost indispensable ~$15 million player when his raw stats were almost exactly the same last year to this?
    Exposure.
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      easily tradeable. not a mistake. an epiphany
      The epiphany is that it was a mistake. A minor one, and potentially fixable, but a mistake nonetheless.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        easily tradeable. not a mistake. an epiphany
        Are you sure it's easily tradeable? I don't see Ross having much value

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          He's proven himself to be an elite defender. He can guard anyone on the court. He's been playing amazing basketball that can't be valued on stats alone, just like Ben Wallace couldn't be measured on stats alone. He's doing all this on a contender, he's messed with LeBron James for crying out loud. The second half Cavs strategy was geared around getting Biz off James. That says a lot.
          Best answer I've seen. I guess stats alone can't measure how a player can affect an opponents game plan.

I think our coaching staff has seemed to trust him more than Clifford in Charlotte and let him utilize his strengths and minimize his weaknesses.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Sam17 wrote: View Post

Players like Ross are going to be getting $15-20 mil this offseason. That Ross deal is a bargain.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• I dont know if this theory (re Bismack B) has been mentioned....but he has turned into a Tyson Chandler like center which is who Casey made his rep on during the Dallas Mavs. title season. The mobile, shot blocking/altering and rebounding defense first centre who also only scores on putbacks/dunks mostly. Bismack maybe even quicker that Chandler in terms of help away from the rim and then is quick to get back in position. Casey's type of centre for his defense.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                One thing I'm curious about is how Biz went from a non-tender $3 million player to the almost indispensable ~$15 million player when his raw stats were almost exactly the same last year to this?
                Not to rain on the Biz parade (I'm on board!), but so often somebody gets overpaid in the summer because of the bright lights of a nice spring playoff run. Every play is magnified.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Sam17 wrote: View Post

Depends what you expect in return. His new contract may not give him much or any surplus value, but at worst should be able to get a 2nd rounder from a team that has cap space. Or MU may find a partner who really needs an elite 3 pt shooter who sees more in Ross than many of us do. Hell look what he got for Vasquez.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                    I dont know if this theory (re Bismack B) has been mentioned....but he has turned into a Tyson Chandler like center which is who Casey made his rep on during the Dallas Mavs. title season. The mobile, shot blocking/altering and rebounding defense first centre who also only scores on putbacks/dunks mostly. Bismack maybe even quicker that Chandler in terms of help away from the rim and then is quick to get back in position. Casey's type of centre for his defense.
                    As long as the spacing isn't an issue, the team also seems more comfortable when DeMar and Lowry can just dominate the offence without being questioned. The "they really should be feeding JV the ball more" is always a dynamic with a bit of tension that seems to go against the grain of what Casey/Lowry/DeMar want to do. Biz is never yelling for the ball from the post, that's for sure.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                      Not to rain on the Biz parade (I'm on board!), but so often somebody gets overpaid in the summer because of the bright lights of a nice spring playoff run. Every play is magnified.
                      I agree....but Biz has also had more than just the playoffs to show his talents (mostly defensive of course). He filled in admirably for JV for about a month/plus during the season when JV was out with his hand issue...and the team didnt particularly falter. Seems B is more suited to Casey's defensive sets than JV as well. Conundrum. Can JV play PF?

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                        Players like Ross are going to be getting $15-20 mil this offseason. That Ross deal is a bargain.
                        Especially if you can essentially trade Ross's salary for Biyombo.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          The epiphany is that it was a mistake. A minor one, and potentially fixable, but a mistake nonetheless.
                          I don't know this is correct. If he doesn't sign him, then Ross leaves for nothing. Now, signed, he can be traded for something or as part of a package for something better. And, given what MU has got for guys like Bargs and Vasquez, I can easily see Ross netting us another first rounder.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                            If you let Ross go, you better be certain that Powell can step up in his place. Ross hasn't played poorly in the playoffs.
                            Only 34% from three, 6.8 points per game, very average defensively, win shares per 48 cut in half from the regular season. He's been bad.

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
                              Only 34% from three, 6.8 points per game, very average defensively, win shares per 48 cut in half from the regular season. He's been bad.
                              10 million is the new 5-6 million. For what he brings, I think that is fine. I wouldn't give Bismack anything over that amount. If another team wants to drop 12-15 million on him, let them go ahead.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                                10 million is the new 5-6 million. For what he brings, I think that is fine. I wouldn't give Bismack anything over that amount. If another team wants to drop 12-15 million on him, let them go ahead.
                                i agree with this. much more than ross's contract will be an overpay for biz, in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X