Bosh Will Consider Joining Wade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosh Will Consider Joining Wade

Is it only considered tampering when its opposing teams management trying to talk too or woo potential free agents? Why aren't players that are trying to recruit held accountable too? Seems kind of shady to me.

LeBron James is the first choice. But Chris Bosh certainly would be a solid backup for the Miami Heat next summer in free agency.

And he's willing to consider it.

The Heat, which figures to have more than $15 million of salary-cap room, is looking for a superstar to pair with Dwyane Wade. And Wade, who talked last week about possibly luring James to South Florida while also mentioning Bosh, is positioning himself as a recruiter.

"Anything is possible, I guess,'' Bosh, the Toronto star who can become a free agent next summer, told FanHouse in an interview before Tuesday's game at Denver about the possibility of going to Miami. "I guess that seems to be an attractive place, you know, playing with Dwyane and playing in Miami and everything. I guess if they had the right chemistry, the right guys, that they could persuade guys to get there. But we'll see.''
    Source - Click here

Or is it only considered tampering if the person verbally speaks to the other? So in this case Wade to Bosh and not indirectly through the media?

Comment

Wade can talk to Bosh all he wants about whatever he wants, in private or public. Spolestra, or Riley, or the owners, or our equivalent guys are the ones who can't talk publicly about acquiring players under contract, while they are under contract.

And I don't know why Bosh saying he'll consider options at the end of the season is anymore noteworthy than saying I pooped this morning.
      The one and only

Comment

East Coast wrote: View Post
        Wade can talk to Bosh all he wants about whatever he wants, in private or public. Spolestra, or Riley, or the owners, or our equivalent guys are the ones who can't talk publicly about acquiring players under contract, while they are under contract.
        OK, thanks for the clarification EC. I wasn't entirely sure.

Comment

Why is it never a possibility that these three guys will decide to team up and lift up a team like Memphis (or Toronto)?

It will always be destination cities that benefit from this kind of collaboration. I mean what is actually to stop any of these players taking half the money and deciding they want to be on the same team? Nothing really. Should there be?

Phil Jackson's contract is coming up too. And Kobe can opt out (I believe). Dare we say, a Phil Jackson led, Kobe, Wade, LeBron, Bosh, Amare team is in the works???

Comment

Working...
          X