Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple quoting and in-line quoting

Hi,
    just a thought for y'all. When you want to quote two different posts in one post of your own, the window disappears when you hit the "reply with quote" button for a second post, making navigation tricky and weird. Is it possible to have the window remain open so you can copy and paste and return to whichever reply window you were in? This would make quoting multiple posters much easier.

Also, I'm sure there's a reason for this, but why do quotes only run one deep? Sometimes it helps the conversation for the quoted post to have its quote inside of it too.

Cheers.

When you are trying to quote multiple posts, are you using the multi-quote button or are you just copying and pasting all quotes into your text box?

I find the multi-quote function works quite well, so either you aren't using it or I'm not fully grasping your issue.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
      When you are trying to quote multiple posts, are you using the multi-quote button or are you just copying and pasting all quotes into your text box?

I find the multi-quote function works quite well, so either you aren't using it or I'm not fully grasping your issue.
      Two years and I just learned about this button thanks to you. Good god I'm an idiot.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
        Two years and I just learned about this button thanks to you. Good god I'm an idiot.
        We'll just pretend that the button is new then
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Just wanted to note to whoever's reading that quoting looks wonky, like it's trying to quote multiple posters but it's not working out. You can see it a few times here:

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...IME!-%29/page4

Comment

Hi,
            just a thought for y'all. When you want to quote two different posts in one post of your own, the window disappears when you hit the "reply with quote" button for a second post, making navigation tricky and weird. Is it possible to have the window remain open so you can copy and paste and return to whichever reply window you were in? This would make quoting multiple posters much easier.

Also, I'm sure there's a reason for this, but why do quotes only run one deep? Sometimes it helps the conversation for the quoted post to have its quote inside of it too.

Cheers.
            Just wanted to note to whoever's reading that quoting looks wonky, like it's trying to quote multiple posters but it's not working out. You can see it a few times here:

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...IME!-%29/page4
            Testing. Works fine. Click the multiquote button for each post you want and then on the final post also click Reply With Quote.

Comment

I should noodle around in the forums other than "Everything Raptors" every once in a while. I would learn stuff like this.

Comment

Working...
              X