Everything Cory Joseph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WJF wrote: View Post
    Anyone notice all the CoJo commercials lately, Snickers and Maple Leaf, LG...
    The Snickers one is pretty good. Even my son who's not a sports fan (he called Cojo "one of the Raptor guys") thought it was funny.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      The Snickers one is pretty good. Even my son who's not a sports fan (he called Cojo "one of the Raptor guys") thought it was funny.
      He turns back into the typical RR poster lol
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Hope hey still trade him. Delon is ready for back up duties next year. Just gotta on that 3-point shot and finishing in the point

Comment

• Atothe wrote: View Post
          Hope hey still trade him. Delon is ready for back up duties next year. Just gotta on that 3-point shot and finishing in the point
          Agreed. Delon has the higher ceiling.

Plus the salary saved could be spent elsewhere on Lowry, Ibaka, Patterson, Tucker's new contract(s).

Comment

• All the experience playing opponents starting five while Lowry was recovering might help Como in the playoffs. Should be steadier.

Comment

• Great game from Cory last night, his catch and shoot 3 ball was on as he knocked down 3 for 4 and he had a great cross over to a lay-up finish. Cory moved the ball well on offense swinging it around the perimeter. We will need more of that if we want to close out this series in 5 or 6 games.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                Great game from Cory last night, his catch and shoot 3 ball was on as he knocked down 3 for 4 and he had a great cross over to a lay-up finish. Cory moved the ball well on offense swinging it around the perimeter. We will need more of that if we want to close out this series in 5 or 6 games.
                yeah Cory was awesome last night. His play since the break has been a revelation for this team. I'm starting to think we should not move this guy in the offseason, as I, and others have suggested in order to save some coin.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                  yeah Cory was awesome last night. His play since the break has been a revelation for this team. I'm starting to think we should not move this guy in the offseason, as I, and others have suggested in order to save some coin.
                  Ideally you keep him, but with wright and a cap world you move. He steps up in big games, but he's still just a role player
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Ideally you keep him, but with wright and a cap world you move. He steps up in big games, but he's still just a role player
                    I've come around on Cory. I was all for moving him the first off season after he signed. I always thought he needed a good jump shot to be worth holding on to, especially with Wright waiting for playing time, and lo and behold it appears he has one. But he has arguably been our best role player, unless you consider Serge a role player. I guess Tucker and Patterson could be ranked ahead of him but I think in the last 3rd of the season Cory has been invaluable. I've been really impressed. And ultimately, his $7M isn't going to really save a hell of a lot of coin. If you really want to save money, then it's Carroll and JV you have to consider moving. Both of whom have replacements as well, although the drop off at starting C relative to backup PG may be too much to sacrifice.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                      I've come around on Cory. I was all for moving him the first off season after he signed. I always thought he needed a good jump shot to be worth holding on to, especially with Wright waiting for playing time, and lo and behold it appears he has one. But he has arguably been our best role player, unless you consider Serge a role player. I guess Tucker and Patterson could be ranked ahead of him but I think in the last 3rd of the season Cory has been invaluable. I've been really impressed. And ultimately, his $7M isn't going to really save a hell of a lot of coin. If you really want to save money, then it's Carroll and JV you have to consider moving. Both of whom have replacements as well, although the drop off at starting C relative to backup PG may be too much to sacrifice.
                      Well, in all likelihood the team will shed ~20M (at least) to make the tax bill palatable. That means a big contract and a small one. Where the small one is 5+ M (so basically just Cory qualifies) and the big one is 10-15M (so, Carroll, JV, or letting one of Pat or Tucker walk).

So if you assume we move Carroll, then the choice is between Cory and one of JV, Pat, or Tucker. I know who I choose.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        So if you assume we move Carroll, then the choice is between Cory and one of JV, Pat, or Tucker. I know who I choose.
                        Also another thing to consider is who we have as a replacement for these players, because our means of upgrade via FA are non-existent (unless we become veteran destination that seems insane right now), we have 1st rounder, but that's not reasonable to expect him being decent role player in year 1, even more if we would be drafting for specific position. In ease of replacement I'd rank them like that:
                        CoJo -> Delon, FVV
                        JV -> Poeltl, Nogueira
                        PPat -> Siakam
                        Tucker -> Bruno, Powell(?)

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          Well, in all likelihood the team will shed ~20M (at least) to make the tax bill palatable. That means a big contract and a small one. Where the small one is 5+ M (so basically just Cory qualifies) and the big one is 10-15M (so, Carroll, JV, or letting one of Pat or Tucker walk).

Oh I agree totally. But I've suggested in the past to move Cory long before anyone else was as I had faith in Delon's abilities as a backup PG, but am just acknowledging his play recently and that he has improved in areas I thought were inadequate and as such has affected my opinion of him and his role on the team. Moving Carroll is just an assumption as you said. Other options have to be considered. If Carroll doesn't get traded at the draft, then you have to decide on who to resign under the assumption that he is on the roster next season. That will affect who gets offers and at what amount. JV could be traded and Patterson left to walk in such a scenario. I guess the bright side is we could resign the FA's, and attempt to trade Carroll during the offseason or before the trade deadline next season. If I'm not mistaken, the tax bill isn't calculated until the season is over, giving us time to lessen the burden after the season starts.

Comment

• Looks tiny out there against a team like the Bucks.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                              Looks tiny out there against a team like the Bucks.
                              Far early to tell but these playoffs might be goodbye to Cory (it's classical dilemma with selling him low with current playoff play though, after decent run as a starter - 11.2 PPG, 5 APG, 3.7 RPG 48/30/67 shooting in 32.4 minutes of action).

Also he looks a little bit gassed, this year he topped his most games as a starter in a career, and in last quarter of the season his minutes jumped from 22.5 to 31.4, that's maybe not a lot compared to what KLOE or DeMar plays but may be some explanation for his sub-par play.

Comment

• Majesiu wrote: View Post
                                Far early to tell but these playoffs might be goodbye to Cory (it's classical dilemma with selling him low with current playoff play though, after decent run as a starter - 11.2 PPG, 5 APG, 3.7 RPG 48/30/67 shooting in 32.4 minutes of action).

Also he looks a little bit gassed, this year he topped his most games as a starter in a career, and in last quarter of the season his minutes jumped from 22.5 to 31.4, that's maybe not a lot compared to what KLOE or DeMar plays but may be some explanation for his sub-par play.
                                For whatever reason he's just underwhelmed as a backup this year. Turned the corner with Lowry out but it doesn't look like it's sustaining as soon as he's moved back to the bench. Who knows, he's capable of being much better so it's a bit confusing. Between that and Delon waiting in the wings, he's an obvious guy to move this summer.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X