Everything Cory Joseph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
    So Delon Wright is gonna sit on the bench all year? Or can Wright play SG in Casey's small ball?
    wright will be backup pg before year is out

Comment

• You will not have tremendous success in the NBA if you rely on, and expect, above average to great players to perform like superstars. If Lowry and Demar are expected to perform like Westbrook and Durant, then the ceiling for this team is probably no more than we have already seen. Trade Lowry and without a superstar or better player coming back, and leaning on CoJo to run the team, and the ceiling of the club is probably no more than we have already seen. We have alot of good to great players on this team, but if we rely on individualistic play the ceiling will remain low because we will try and get too much out of some guys, and not enough out of others. Change the system, and the ceiling can go up, not to championship level, but up, which is a good approach and can help get a top tier player when the time is right. We have the flexibility and assets to do so. We just don't have the system.

And watching the Summer league game last night was almost exactly like watching a typical Raptors game last season. They relied heavily on Bruno and Powell, had poor PnR play, no sets, little off ball movement, very uncreative offense in general and the type of game that's easy to shut down. The defense was pretty good. Honestly, this is what I am now expecting from the Raps this season. Much better D, but the same ugly uncreative offence that has little to no chance of getting us past the second round, if we are lucky enough to win the first round. If we are going to play the way we do, we clearly need better players. If it changes, there is potential to improve a little more.

At this point, I'm just hoping the Casey tries something different, or gets replaced, cause I think it's gonna be one or the other. And I'd rather go that route then start trading away the talent we do have before letting a different coach have a crack at it.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
        You will not have tremendous success in the NBA if you rely on, and expect, above average to great players to perform like superstars. If Lowry and Demar are expected to perform like Westbrook and Durant, then the ceiling for this team is probably no more than we have already seen. Trade Lowry and without a superstar or better player coming back, and leaning on CoJo to run the team, and the ceiling of the club is probably no more than we have already seen. We have alot of good to great players on this team, but if we rely on individualistic play the ceiling will remain low because we will try and get too much out of some guys, and not enough out of others. Change the system, and the ceiling can go up, not to championship level, but up, which is a good approach and can help get a top tier player when the time is right. We have the flexibility and assets to do so. We just don't have the system.

And watching the Summer league game last night was almost exactly like watching a typical Raptors game last season. They relied heavily on Bruno and Powell, had poor PnR play, no sets, little off ball movement, very uncreative offense in general and the type of game that's easy to shut down. The defense was pretty good. Honestly, this is what I am now expecting from the Raps this season. Much better D, but the same ugly uncreative offence that has little to no chance of getting us past the second round, if we are lucky enough to win the first round. If we are going to play the way we do, we clearly need better players. If it changes, there is potential to improve a little more.

At this point, I'm just hoping the Casey tries something different, or gets replaced, cause I think it's gonna be one or the other. And I'd rather go that route then start trading away the talent we do have before letting a different coach have a crack at it.
        the bold is what I am worried about too.

Comment

• We probably have the best trio of point guards in the NBA right now.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
            We probably have the best trio of point guards in the NBA right now.
            What does this even mean?

And GS is better just to name 1 with Curry-Livingston-Barbosa

Comment

• Well, I don't agree. Curry is the best overall, but Joseph is better than Livingston and Wright better than Barbosa at this point.

Comment

• Any chance Massai's Summer is done?

Comment

• Partfoop wrote: View Post
                  Any chance Massai's Summer is done?
                  He probably has a couple more weeks of thong season. Get your camera

Comment

• To me it doesn't look like MU is going to trade either DD or KL anytime soon.

Comment

To me it doesn't look like MU is going to trade either DD or KL anytime soon.
                      Wish he were in on the OKC clearance sale

Comment

• I'd rather have CoJo start but would much rather have lineup #2.

However, and I know this is going to be a crazy unpopular opinion, I think Ross still has it in him to become a solid NBA starter again. If he starts playing defense with some pride and locks down, along with being more consistent with his shot, he's a solid 5th option 3/D guy. He needs to be the SG though and have the other players create his offense.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                          I'd rather have CoJo start but would much rather have lineup #2.

However, and I know this is going to be a crazy unpopular opinion, I think Ross still has it in him to become a solid NBA starter again. If he starts playing defense with some pride and locks down, along with being more consistent with his shot, he's a solid 5th option 3/D guy. He needs to be the SG though and have the other players create his offense.
                          I'm with you.

I still have some hope in him, I don't ever remember another player going from a above average defender to god awful in 1 season. It just doesn't make any sense to me.
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                            So this thread is going to have to make a few assumptions in order to work..

Assuming we are trading Lowry or DD in order to upgrade the PF position, one of Cory Joseph or Terrence Ross will then (again, I'm assuming) be starting for us at either PG or SG respectively, along side our newly acquired starting PF, DC and JV.

So which of the 2 would you rather have starting?

Cory Joseph, with Demar Derozan, DeMarre Carroll, (Insert Awesome PF) & Jonas Valanciunas.

OR

Terrence Ross, with Kyle Lowry, DeMarre Carroll, (Insert Awesome PF) & Jonas Valanciunas.

#FreeCoJo
                            Depends on the match up and who's healthy. If we clear the table of all that then Joseph.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

To me it doesn't look like MU is going to trade either DD or KL anytime soon.
                              It looks like the trade deadline will be the next real opportunity.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Partfoop wrote: View Post
                                Any chance Massai's Summer is done?
                                I'd say probably 100% chance he's done. Why would you think he's doing more?
                                your pal,
                                ebrian

Comment

Working...
                                X