• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

raptors999 wrote: View Post
    also in hindsight Raptors should have taken Portis if they sign CuJo
    Fuck that movie.

RepTdot wrote: View Post
    Wright is unproven and will likely spend some time in the d-league, CoJo is a solid young backup from the spurs system that a playoff team needs.
    Thought the whole point of the pick was for him to back up Lowry. I'd prefer we get something for Delon then go after Cory.

FromDeep wrote: View Post
    Actually, given Wright's height and length, I'd like to see them play together with Wright guarding the opposing 2-guard.
    Both of them are below average shooters. Not sure if that would work.

Comment

Here's the plan. If all my assumptions are correct (Carroll signed a backload deal, DD's bonus is off the books, the cap ends up at 69.1M instead of 67.1M), we have 10.6M in cap room. Sign CoJo to a 4 year deal at 5.6M starting salary, average of 5.9M per year. Then trade JJ and Ross and a pick to DEN for Faried with the remaining cap space. Then sign Dorell Wright to spread the floor for our bench unit and pull pranks on his brother.

KL/DD/DC/KF/JV
      DW/CJ/DWSr/PP/BB

Wee!
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

The right move would be to bring along Wright slowly. Maybe he will take over for Lowry in a couple years. Keep around the team and play him in small ball situation with Ross and CoJo. Perhaps he will have a bigger role by the end of the season. But with CuJo there would be no rush.

I would think CuJo would be anywhere from 3-5 mil a season. We still have room for a starting PF via trade. I don;t really like any of the options out there.

Comment

If all those assumptions go the wrong way (the DD one I'm pretty certain on but the others we just can't know) our cap space is reduced to 7M. In which case we need most of the 7M to sign CoJo, and need to match salaries to get Faried. So it would be Ross/JJ/Nogueira instead of a pick. Or plus a pick.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

guys not to be that guy but lets straighten something out if/when we sign him for our chants etc

CoJo

CuJo

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
              Here's the plan. If all my assumptions are correct (Carroll signed a backload deal, DD's bonus is off the books, the cap ends up at 69.1M instead of 67.1M), we have 10.6M in cap room. Sign CoJo to a 4 year deal at 5.6M starting salary, average of 5.9M per year. Then trade JJ and Ross and a pick to DEN for Faried with the remaining cap space. Then sign Dorell Wright to spread the floor for our bench unit and pull pranks on his brother.

KL/DD/DC/KF/JV
              DW/CJ/DWSr/PP/BB

Wee!
              That's a young up and coming eastern conference finalist, by my estimation.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

6 man like CoJo
                Like I'm like I'm CoJo

Comment

Regardless of the way Casey used JJ this season, I feel trading him would be going against all that has been done this offseason, he is such an incredible defender, and with defence obviously being the main thing this offseason it would seem like a step backwards.

Is there any way to land Gibson or faried without involving JJ that works DanH?

He just seems like way to string and versatile of a defender for him to be shipped off.. And he really showed last season that his offense will almost always be around the rim (something he lacks the first time here).

Comment

Last year CoJo made 16-44 3pt shots, not bad but its a small sample size. I think its possible to slot him in the 2 beside wright but he won't exactly be a 3 pt threat to the other team. He'd be more a defender and penetrate the defence guy and playmaker. Or at least that's how i believe he'd be used.

Cojo actually is a pretty high IQ player and I believe we need more players like him on our team so we should steal him from the Spurs.

Cojo would be a defensive GV that plays the 2 for us. Definitely an upgrade for us.
                    Last edited by BS10; Sun Jul 5, 2015, 09:17 PM.
                    #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

Tough to get salaries to match without a) sending out a combination of Ross/JJ, b) sending out Patterson, c) sending out one of the core three (seems exceedingly unlikely) or d) not using anymore cap space except in the trade, and even then you have to include one of our young rookie scale guys to avoid sending out JJ.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Corey Joseph, Gerald Green, and Jordan Hill can replace Lou, Vasquez, and Amir.

Comment

The salaries totals in Hoopshype for 9 players excluding Ridnour is $43.1 million, this includes Wright. The cost for Carrol is between $14.23 -$15 million for the 10th player bringing the salary total to $58.1 million ($57.4). Than the attribution for 22 minimum players.
                          This should leave from the new projected salary cap figures of $69.1 million. This leaves roughly $10 million for the PF.
                          BB's amountis coming from the Mini MLE or the larger MLE, if iti s the former could we not the larger amount for Cory Joseph.

Comment

breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                            Regardless of the way Casey used JJ this season, I feel trading him would be going against all that has been done this offseason, he is such an incredible defender, and with defence obviously being the main thing this offseason it would seem like a step backwards.

Is there any way to land Gibson or faried without involving JJ that works DanH?

He just seems like way to string and versatile of a defender for him to be shipped off.. And he really showed last season that his offense will almost always be around the rim (something he lacks the first time here).
                            Unfortunately I think the writing is on the wall for JJ and he's not a part of our plans anymore. The way he was (not) used in the playoffs, coupled with the Carroll signing suggests to me he's on the outs.

Also count me as a no on CoJo as things stand right now. We are going to be starving for shooting as it is, if we trade TRoss to fill the PF role and run with Lowry/DeMar/Delon/Cojo there is only one guy who can reliably shoot the 3 in the backcourt--Lowry, and even he fell to 33.8% last year.

Maybe you guys can convince me otherwise and tell me how you see CoJo fitting in.

Comment

I only suggest trading JJ because a) it makes matching salary MUCH easier, b) judging by last season Casey won't use him at all with Carroll here, and c) because he expires after this coming season and we could possibly lose him then, or snag him back if we want.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

We don't really need CuJo though. We already have Wright.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X