Everything Cory Joseph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
    The salaries totals in Hoopshype for 9 players excluding Ridnour is $43.1 million, this includes Wright. The cost for Carrol is between $14.23 -$15 million for the 10th player bringing the salary total to $58.1 million ($57.4). Than the attribution for 22 minimum players.
    This should leave from the new projected salary cap figures of $69.1 million. This leaves roughly $10 million for the PF.
    BB's amountis coming from the Mini MLE or the larger MLE, if iti s the former could we not the larger amount for Cory Joseph.
    First, you don't need to keep listing off totals, you can just provide the total cap room. Second, never use Hoopshype, they are the worst in the business for getting salary stuff wrong. Third, the range for Carroll is between 14.05M and 15M (assuming he is not front loaded, if he is it can actually be 16.1 ish or so). You come close on the cap room available, 10.6M with all the positive assumptions coming true. As bad as 7.1M if they all go bad.

But the big thing is this: the MLE is only available to teams that do not use cap room at all that summer. The mini MLE is for tax payers. The Room MLE we have, and used on Biyombo. We have no more exceptions, just cap space and minimum signings.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
      We don't really need CuJo though. We already have Wright.
      CoJo provides a) a second ball handler for a rookie PG, b) a second solid defender in the bench backcourt, both of whom can defend both positions (though Wright would probably see more time defending the 2, both to keep him off the ball and because he is bigger), c) a more viable sub for any injury time Lowry suffers and d) more potential shooting even if he is only promising and not proven in that regard.

I also like the idea of getting Dorell Wright to play the 3 if Ross is moved as part of a PF package. A more reliable three point shooter and another solid defender.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
        But the big thing is this: the MLE is only available to teams that do not use cap room at all that summer. The mini MLE is for tax payers. The Room MLE we have, and used on Biyombo. We have no more exceptions, just cap space and minimum signings.
        I may be wrong but didn't we use the MINI MLE for 2.75mil for 2 years + raise? Leaving our MLE open for some shooting??

Comment

Hurricane_Herm wrote: View Post
          I may be wrong but didn't we use the MINI MLE for 2.75mil for 2 years + raise? Leaving our MLE open for some shooting??
          raptor have cap and let lou walk. there is no need for the MLE and wouldnt be different from using cap anyway except smaller

Comment

So, the Spurs consider Cory J. more expendable than Patty Mills?

Comment

CoJo provides a) a second ball handler for a rookie PG, b) a second solid defender in the bench backcourt, both of whom can defend both positions (though Wright would probably see more time defending the 2, both to keep him off the ball and because he is bigger), c) a more viable sub for any injury time Lowry suffers and d) more potential shooting even if he is only promising and not proven in that regard.

I also like the idea of getting Dorell Wright to play the 3 if Ross is moved as part of a PF package. A more reliable three point shooter and another solid defender.
              The only problem I have with Dorell Wright is his age as he's 30 but he has championship experience and could be gotten for cheap like 2-3 million for 2-3 years.

Our second unit would be pretty solid and reliable with Wright/Cujo/Wright/2pat/Biyombo. I like this defensive oriented unit much better than our 2nd unit last year and feel they could defensively shut down other teams.

I still like Ross though and feel he could potentially have a break out year so personally I wouldn't trade him. I think Masai should still give him a final year before shipping him out because it might come back to haunt us if he make's a major leap in progress.
              Last edited by BS10; Sun Jul 5, 2015, 09:39 PM.
              #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                So, the Spurs consider Cory J. more expendable than Patty Mills?
                Tough to say. Keep in mind, Mills is on contract, Cory is a free agent.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Also used was the salary forum from Basketball insiders and added Wright's salary of $1.509 million and the new figure was $ 43.95 million. Is the new MLE value for 2015/16 -$6.1 million? Are you able to combine 2 players under the MLE.

Additionally, after the Salary Cap is reached can a TPE be used ?

Comment

Hurricane_Herm wrote: View Post
                    There are three types of MLE:

MLE: This one is about 6M or so per year and is only available to teams who do not use cap space, but will also not exceed the tax apron (4M above the tax) that season. We signed Carroll, so we do not have this exception.

Mini (tax payer's) MLE: This one is just over 3M per year. It is only available to teams who do not use cap space that will be exceeding the tax apron that season. We used cap space to sign Carroll and so do not have this exception.

Room MLE: Often mistakenly referred to as the mini MLE (confusing as the tax-payer's is much more often referred to this way). This exception allows teams who have used cap space to sign an additional player after their cap is all used up, for just under 3M per year for two years only. We used this on Biyombo.

So we no longer have any exceptions, only cap space.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
                      Also used was the salary forum from Basketball insiders and added Wright's salary of $1.509 million and the new figure was $ 43.95 million. Is the new MLE value for 2015/16 -$6.1 million? Are you able to combine 2 players under the MLE.

Additionally, after the Salary Cap is reached can a TPE be used ?

See above comment, we do not have the MLE, or any other exceptions. Just cap room. And TPE's and cap room cannot exist at the same time, so we will have waived all our TPE's to use cap space come July 9th when things can actually happen.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Hoopshype, they are the worst in the business for getting salary stuff wrong. .
                        Doesn't this mean they are the best at getting things right?

Comment

I don't think it will happen.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            Doesn't this mean they are the best at getting things right?
                            Double negatives strike again.

Comment

CoJo would be a great pick up. Defensive minded PG from the Spurs system, young and developing still. He's a potential Lowry replacement and would do well with more of an offensive role off the bench to replace Lou's production.
                              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                              Because its 2015

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                                Delon & CoJo on the same team would be a waste of $
                                please enlighten me as to how, a 6'3" scoring guard and 6'6" pass first PG who both play terrific defense couldn't possibly co-exist.
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X