No announcement yet.

Everything Luis Scola

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No one said he was a great defender but he is a good one.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I've been saying this team needed a David West type player to complement the roster.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        No one said he was a great defender but he is a good one.
        I didn't think he was a good defender last night. Rebounder yes, defender no. He kept getting lost on screens, his man was getting open shot after open shot. The lateral quickness....any quickness is lacking. Not all his fault, but he has major physical limitations.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
          I didn't think he was a good defender last night. Rebounder yes, defender no. He kept getting lost on screens, his man was getting open shot after open shot. The lateral quickness....any quickness is lacking. Not all his fault, but he has major physical limitations.
          To be fair, Dallas does try to space out the floor and he was guarding Dirk. We also lost Dirk on rotations where it was the wing's job a couple of times. Our D is looking pretty good at shutting down penetration, but still needs some work on the rotations to close out shooters.

Comment

• Yeah, I like the D so far. I said in one of these threads that I thought any mess up's were due more to physical limitations than system issues. Scola is not the most agile guy and isn't going to be able to chase perimeter bigs the way someone like Amir might have been able to do.

Great effort of D so far this season. I think we started last season with similar effort so hoping it will last this time.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              To be fair, Dallas does try to space out the floor and he was guarding Dirk. We also lost Dirk on rotations where it was the wing's job a couple of times. Our D is looking pretty good at shutting down penetration, but still needs some work on the rotations to close out shooters.
              Guys getting open in the corner needs to be addressed ASAP.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                Guys getting open in the corner needs to be addressed ASAP.
                That's a tweak in Thibs style defense with players flying into corners. With Butler it works, no telling if DC can manage the same. One player gets the responsibility and it isn't easy

Comment

• Scola playing well as a starter so far

8.8 Pts, 9.0 Rebs, 1.0 Stl, .3 Blk, .516 FG, .667 3FG, .500 FT.
                  PER 17.15
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                  X