8. Indiana (Paul George affect)
    9. Boston
    10. Detroit
    11. Brooklyn
    12. Charlotte
    13. Orlando
    14. NY
    15. Philly
    Last edited by RepTdot; Fri Jul 10, 2015, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Euro Slow Car wrote: View Post
      *Beep beep*

Uros's picks are in. He sees the East shaking out as follows...

1. Krka
      2. Zlatorog Laško
      3. Maribor Nova KBM
      4. Helios Suns Domžale

...but says there's no way Krka or any of the EC teams are taking out Šentjur (Tajfun). His explanation: "Too many lousy Croats on Krka. This no good, no good."

While I can't say I condone what can most generously be described as ethnocentrism underlying this prediction, readers should know that Uros is right about these things more often than he's wrong. Putting your Euros on anyone other than Krka in the East and Šentjur (Tajfun) for the Slovenian title is basically throwing your Euros away. Uros never throws away his Euros!

*Vrooooooooooooooom*
      *Beep beep*

Uros has revised his earlier prediction, having just texted me the following: "Helios has accelerated its rebuild with the signing of Croatian Marjan Cakurin. For those who don't "govorijo slovensko" (editor's note: that's Slovenian for "speak Slovenian"), Cakurin last rocked it in Karko, where averaged 15.7 points, 6.9 rebounds and 1.8 assists in 33 Croatian A-1 league games. I've got Helios finishing second in the East now, and I'm getting some nice action on this in Maribor. (editor's note: Maribor is to Slovenia what Vegas is to America)

Call your bookies quickly, folks, and change those bets! Uros is rarely wrong!

*Vrooooooooooooom*

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
        too early predictions:

1. Cleveland
        2. Chicago
        3. Atlanta
        4. Toronto (Div winner again)
        5. Miami
        6. Milwaukee
        7. Washington
        8. Indiana (Paul George affect)
        9. Boston
        10. Detroit
        11. Brooklyn
        12. Charlotte
        13. Orlando
        14. NY
        15. Philly
        Divisions don't matter anymore.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          Divisions don't matter anymore.
          Except when betting in Slovenia

Comment

1. Cleveland
            2. Chicago
            3. Atlanta
            4. Washington
            5. Miami
            6. Toronto
            7. Milwaukee
            8. Indiana
            9. Boston
            10. Detroit
            11. Brooklyn
            12. Charlotte
            13. Orlando
            14. NY
            15. Philly

Comment

My list (I'm ready for the hate, guys)

1. Cleveland (Beast of the East)

2. Chicago (Slow start, strong finish)

3. Toronto (New depth, but not enough to put us elite yet)

4. Milwaukee (Monroe and healthy Parker tear it up)

5. Atlanta (Depth is now all on guards, and is Thabo new starter?)

6. Washington (Dudley is a great add, but not enough)

7. Miami (Bosh and who else?)

8. Boston (Still needs time)

9. Indiana (Will be fighting, but just miss.)

10. Orlando (Sleepers.... but still need time ala Celts)

11. Charlotte (None of the moves they make work, and the whole team suffers)

12. Detroit (SVG could be looking at coaching elsewhere shortly)

13. Brooklyn (Fall off a cliff and finally begin a rebuild)

14. New York (Nice new additons, but no bench)

15. Philadelphia (MUST TANK FOR MORE BIGS. NEED ALL 5 CENTER LINEUP)
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Orlando may surprise. They've been under performers but with Skiles they'll win games. Everyone will eventually quit on him but they'll win games

Comment

BrydenB wrote: View Post
                  1. Cleveland
                  2. Chicago
                  3. Atlanta
                  4. Washington
                  5. Miami
                  6. Toronto
                  7. Milwaukee
                  8. Indiana
                  9. Boston
                  10. Detroit
                  11. Brooklyn
                  12. Charlotte
                  13. Orlando
                  14. NY
                  15. Philly
                  I like this list. The Miami, Toronto, Milwaukee, Washington group will be tight IMO, and any could slot in the 4-7 range. It will be interesting to see how Chicago and Atlanta cope with the changes they've made. Chicago with coaching obviously, and Atlanta with Splitter at C, Horford finally playing PF, and Millsap at the 3 i guess.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                    Mine:

1. Cleveland (will have the full squad back plus Mo Williams for additional guard depth)
                    2. Miami (Chris Bosh's blood clot cost them probably 6-7 games alone last year - and they've added Dragic, Winslow, and Gerald Green, and may well trade for more from Denver)
                    3. Toronto (we added playmaking, defense and perimeter shooting in gobs via free agency while not losing anything terribly dramatic)
                    4. Chicago (they are still Chicago, but I think Hoiberg will need a season to really become a true NBA-level coach)
                    5. Washington (added shooting and defense, which is what they needed)
                    6. Milwaukee (not quite ready to make the leap - but very close)
                    7. Atlanta (still a good team, but Tiago Splitter doesn't address their rebounding needs greatly enough, the Tim Hardaway trade is questionable, and the loss of Carroll hurts them a lot)
                    8. Boston (were a good defensive team, and just added much more credible bigs - weak draft, though)
                    9. Charlotte (if there's a team that jumps up into the playoffs unexpectedly, it's them)
                    10. New York (made smart signings for good players at decent value - but it's not enough and the triangle isn't gonna work)
                    11. Indiana (will need at least one season to truly become the new, smaller team they are now - but should start contending again sooner rather than later)
                    12. Orlando (will become better defenders under Scott Skiles; still need scoring and don't have nearly enough)
                    13. Detroit (SVG needs to work dark magic to make these guys contend)
                    14. Brooklyn (this is the season where this team just collapses)
                    15. Philadelphia (still in rebuild)
                    I'm more or less OK with top 8, though I would not be shocked if 1 of Orlando or Detroit does not sneak in top 8 (likely at the expense of Boston).
                    Miami at 2? You are kidding? Bosh is best at leading his teams deep in playoffs or championship iff he has good side kicks (Like Lebron or Wade). I'm sorry, but this Wade & Dragic are not quite as good.
                    Miami was out of playoff picture (in lousy East) earlier in season when most of East was bad with healthy Bosh.
                    As for Raps -3 seems a bit to optimistic with number of changes. Once Masai "steals" us a new PF (I'm confident by start of the season), anything goes.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                      Rough prediction of potential win ranges against other Eastern teams:

Cleveland 1-3 to 0-4
                      Miami 2-2 to 1-3
                      Chicago 3-1 to 1-3
                      Washington 3-1 to 2-2
                      Milwaukee 3-1 to 2-2
                      Atlanta 4-0 to 3-1
                      Boston 4-0 to 2-2
                      Charlotte 3-1 to 2-2
                      New York 4-0 to 2-2
                      Indiana 4-0 to 3-1
                      Orlando 4-0 to 3-1
                      Detroit 4-0 to 3-1
                      Brooklyn 4-0 to 3-1
                      Philly 4-0 to 4-0

After dividing down to 52 games against the East (since we'll only play three games against some of the non-Atlantic teams), that's a range of 44 wins (high end) to 28 wins (low end) against the East. (It's probably a bit higher than that since we're guaranteed to play four games against all of the Atlantic division teams, who are generally worse.) If you want to split the difference and assume the middle range, that's 36 wins against the East. At that point we would only need 14 wins against the West (out of 30) to hit 50 wins.

Anybody saying "we're a .500 team at best this year" is being overly pessimistic. We have better perimeter defense and better perimeter shooting, which were two of our biggest issues last year, and we still stack up favourably against most of the East.
                      We're not going 4-0 against Indiana, Atlanta or Boston. Detroit is also much better and Milwaukee will give DD and Lowry fits all year with their length. They have so much versatility on their roster. I see us winning around 30 games in the East and and 16 games against the West. Our identity of DD and Lowry being the "guys" hasn't changed and they'll still shoot 40% FG. Our bench has also weakened considering we're now relying on Ross to be our sixth man. 46-36 record 6th in the East and a first round out against Chicago/Miami is my prediction

Comment

1) Cleveland
                        2) Chicago
                        3) Miami (if starting 5 stay healthy)
                        4) Toronto
                        5) Washington
                        6) Milwaukee
                        7) Atlanta
                        8) Orlando/Detroit
                        9)Brooklyn/Detroit

Wont even bother with the rest. I hope NY is 15th though lol
                        Last edited by YoungGunRaptor; Sun Jul 12, 2015, 02:56 PM.
                        I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                        -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Here's mine, late to the game as always:

1. Cleveland
                          2. Chicago
                          3. Miami
                          4. Atlanta
                          5. Washington
                          6. Toronto
                          7. Milwaukee
                          8. Boston

9. Orlando
                          10. Charlotte
                          11. Indiana
                          12. Detroit
                          13. Philadelphia
                          14. Brooklyn
                          15. New York
                          your pal,
                          ebrian

Comment

All of you.

We can't finish lower than fourth if we win our division.
                            Axel wrote:
                            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                              All of you.

they changed that rule, didnt they?

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                                All of you.

Not anymore
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X