It boils down to

Year Three
    1. Keep Job

Year Four
    1. Keep job move on from Casey.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
      Disagree.
      Casey has done well. His team is not the most talented, and it has changed every year. You can only make so many adjustments, and to be honest, getting that team to play defence was impossible.

You might see a better defence this year, BUT, if the center position doesn't improve...it will be marginal. If the guys in front of the bigs can't get a bit better.... again.

I see a lot of the use of the word "system" here. I wonder if it is over used, and a bit misused. NBA basketball is still just basketball. Defense is thinking and effort. Its that simple. If you aren't in it mentally, you won't defend well. I think whatever defence you gave that squad last year would have been executed poorly. They werent defenders.

I will finish by saying that of course the coach can do better, clearly he can, and had better. But I will say this, the amount of emphasis, and blame, and critical commenting that is aimed at Dwayne Casey on this forum is a little ridiculous. The players play the game, they are well armed with good plans to do so. Its on them to perform. They didn't, and you saw, and are seeing what the GM is doing about that.
      excellent post. It's a bit odd the way Casey takes all the blame for the mistakes but gets no credit for the successes. Fans.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if Casey gets an extension, followed by RR having a cyber melt down.
        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
        Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
          I wouldn't be surprised if Casey gets an extension, followed by RR having a cyber melt down.
          Considering the Leafs being crap for the next decade, if MLSE loses millions with a treadmilling Basketball team its their money.

Comment

how many teams have won the NBA championship in the last 20 years?

Comment

trick question: 20

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                how many teams have won the NBA championship in the last 20 years?
                9 teams

Or

Hakeem + Drexler (1)
                Jordan + Pippen (3)
                Tim Duncan + Robinson (1)
                Shaq + Kobe (3)
                Duncan + Parker (4)
                Billups + Rasheed (1)
                Garnett + Allen + Pierce (1)
                Dirk (1)

Or

The teams which have had the pleasure of having all-time great talent

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                  9 teams

Or

Hakeem + Drexler (1)
                  Jordan + Pippen (3)
                  Shaq + Kobe (3)
                  Duncan + Parker (4)
                  Billups + Rasheed (1)
                  Dirk (1)

Or

Just saying those are not all-time great talents.

I think the Pistons created an all-time great "talent" collectively by having 4 high-level all-stars and one of the best do-it-all role players in the league, all playing their system effectively and efficiently to win them a title. They also had a bit of luck with Kobe deciding to be selfish and implode the Lakers. Big Ben could not guard Shaq and if Kobe had just let Shaq be the guy for the finals I think the Lakers win that one.

Tony Parker is not an all-time great talent or even all-time great point guard.

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post

I think the Pistons created an all-time great "talent" collectively by having 4 high-level all-stars and one of the best do-it-all role players in the league, all playing their system effectively and efficiently to win them a title. They also had a bit of luck with Kobe deciding to be selfish and implode the Lakers. Big Ben could not guard Shaq and if Kobe had just let Shaq be the guy for the finals I think the Lakers win that one.

Parker not an all-time great PG? Are you crazy!? Finals MVP...four time all-nba second team...he is at least in the Hals Greer/Mo Cheeks level and is only a little behind Jason Kidd (who is top 3 PG of all time)

I'll give you Rasheed but Billups had damn good playoff performances in both 03/04 and 04/05....he may not have been an all-time great over the course of his entire career but during those two playoffs he was a fantastic PG

Comment

Well, I'm not sure what criteria fits your description of an 'all time great' but he's got a Finals MVP and is a first ballot HOF so

Comment

To put Tony Parker and Jason Kidd in the same category is asinine.

Comment

uh... yeah... no.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                            9 teams

Or

Hakeem + Drexler (1)
                            Jordan + Pippen (3)
                            Shaq + Kobe (3)
                            Duncan + Parker (4)
                            Billups + Rasheed (1)
                            Dirk (1)

Or

Well Lakers have what 4 plus

bulls have 3
                            celts have 1
                            pistons 1
                            Spurs 5
                            Heat 2
                            Rockets 1
                            Mavs 1
                            GSW 1
                            ... missing a few but yeah thats about it not a lot of teams... and not a lot of teams have multiple

Comment

mrmarket wrote: View Post
                              It boils down to

Year Three
                              1. Keep Job

Year Four
                              1. Keep job move on from Casey.
                              No, it boils down to trying to do his goddamned job and manage a screwed up sports team.

Comment

I think its pretty funny that Tony Parker is a team leader and PG for one of the most successful squads in years....but you fella's don't count him as an all time great.

wow.

Anyhow my point..... 9 teams have won? So 21 have not.

Can we please stop using the term "treadmill".

Its fucking stupid

Comment

Working...
                                X