D. Smith "It's End of the Year Report Card Time, Right?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D. Smith "It's End of the Year Report Card Time, Right?"

I must have lost it this morning during my morning walk. I actually agree with almost everything he wrote here.

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/201...ime-right.html
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

i'd give jack a b and sonny a c+
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Dough Smith proudly presents a new grade "E" for Vendetta.

Comment

My Grades

My grades -- relative to role being asked to fill + pay grade + expectations

A -- Chris Bosh -- took his game to another level and played at an All-NBA level
        A -- Jarrett Jack -- played his role to perfection

B -- Jose Calderon -- below his usual high standards but still a good season
        B -- Amir Johnson -- was a good backup big man and played to expectations.
        B -- Sonny Weems -- sprung unexpectedly from end of roster to key rotation player but was only performing at a borderline rotation player level

C -- Hedo Turkoglu -- his struggles were down to the situation rather than his own performance
        C -- Marcus Banks -- played at a solid level for a third string point guard

D -- DeMar DeRozan -- played to low level expectations but was not ready to be a rotation player
        D -- Rasho Nesterovic -- serviceable fifth big man in the depth chart
        D -- Reggie Evans -- played up to expectations and was given a limited role. Bad player.
        D -- Marco Belinelli -- not a good situation for Belinelli and consequently did not contribute much
        D -- Antoine Wright -- a limited player who was given too much playing time.

F -- Andrea Bargnani -- not good enough to play 35 minutes a night
        F -- Patrick O'Bryant -- a waste of a roster spot

F -- Jay Triano -- used his roster poorly and did a bad job defensively
        F -- Bryan Colangelo -- poor roster construction
        nbaroundtable

Comment

It seems to me that Johnson played way over expectation. When training camp opened he was behind Evans and maybe even Rasho. No one even me LOL, expected him to become the first big off of the bench and stay that way even after Evans returned. Having said that I agree that a B is good grade for him.

I would also throw in Alex English and give him an "A" if no other reason than helping Amir start to develop a NBA offensive game and because of the Raptors being one of the better offensive teams in the league. But then one what else would one expect from one of the greatest big man scorers in NBA history.
          Last edited by Buddahfan; Fri Apr 16, 2010, 07:30 PM.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
          X