Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Denver will finish even lower than the Knicks. They are tanking
    Interesting theory. Doesn't matter to me so long as they both finish poorly!
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
      Well, a very slight one. One thing to keep in mind is that RPM has a slight substitution bias - so if a player is usually subbed for a very good defensive player, their DRPM will be suppressed. I think this is happening here a bit, as Thabo came off the bench for ATL a lot and he's a tremendous (+3) defender. In any case, his upgrade over Ross last year (-0.25 vs -3.77) is massive.
      So could the opposite be true? If a player gets subbed in for a bad defender the DRPM can be inflated? Making there impact seem better than it really is?
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
        So could the opposite be true? If a player gets subbed in for a bad defender the DRPM can be inflated? Making there impact seem better than it really is?
        Yep! For example JJ is probably not quite as good as his DRPM suggests, and Ross is probably not quite as bad as his suggests. Both are probably a little closer to the mean.

But this is a small effect, neither of these guys are average defenders or anything.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Jonas' o-impact score is surprisingly terrible
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

No, actually, in spite of my not liking his fit there at all.

Has more to do with them trading for MCW - he has been just awful impact wise, and their play fell off a cliff after that trade.
            Also it has a lot to do with not having Knight. Losing him meant their only offensive weapon was Middleton and Giannis.

And I'm not too worried about the Nuggets being bad, they're tanking. We'll probably end up with the Knicks pick which'll make it even sweeter.

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
              Also it has a lot to do with not having Knight. Losing him meant their only offensive weapon was Middleton and Giannis.

And I'm not too worried about the Nuggets being bad, they're tanking. We'll probably end up with the Knicks pick which'll make it even sweeter.
              Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant - swapping out Knight for MCW was a huge downgrade.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant - swapping out Knight for MCW was a huge downgrade.
                I agree. I guess Kidd didn't wanna pay both Knight and Middleton

Comment

Dan you mentioned wanting to keep your bias out of it - what do you actually think? Will the Raps step up or step back this year?
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                    Dan you mentioned wanting to keep your bias out of it - what do you actually think? Will the Raps step up or step back this year?
                    Up. I think DeMar will be more efficient (he had a down year even for him in that category). I think JV will have a bigger role. I think the defence will be better and the offence won't drop off too much. That said, they probably still slot in at 3rd spot (I think CHI falls off big time without Thibs), unless ATL really struggles with Carroll's absence. More importantly, this team seems less likely to be scouted to death like last year's - much less one note and fewer glaring holes (hopefully) in the personnel and schemes.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Again I like the optimism but that Mudiay guy on Denver is looking pretty good in the summer league
                      #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

BS10 wrote: View Post
                        Again I like the optimism but that Mudiay guy on Denver is looking pretty good in the summer league
                        Which is great for tanking, they will rebuild around him and Nurkic and try to get a 4 in the draft. Means a sub 20 win team especially in the West. Developing a PG and C at the same time is tough

Comment

Well, a very slight one. One thing to keep in mind is that RPM has a slight substitution bias - so if a player is usually subbed for a very good defensive player, their DRPM will be suppressed. I think this is happening here a bit, as Thabo came off the bench for ATL a lot and he's a tremendous (+3) defender. In any case, his upgrade over Ross last year (-0.25 vs -3.77) is massive.
                          FWIW, the year before last, when Thabo was still with OKC, Demarre was top 10 DRPM SF +1.92.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Another Top 4 finish is what we should be aiming for. Interesting that in your predictions we would play Washington in the first round again.

Houston falling to 8th would be surprising.
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                              Another Top 4 finish is what we should be aiming for. Interesting that in your predictions we would play Washington in the first round again.

Houston falling to 8th would be surprising.
                              IMHO Raptors will really struggle to be over .500 the D will be better but somewhere between 11-20 and the bench will have trouble scoring. Lots of blown leads as the scoring dries up. After the Gay trade the D was top 7 or higher but it fell a lot end of season and into the playoffs.

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                                Jonas' o-impact score is surprisingly terrible
                                Not surprising to me based on how little he was used in the offense

Hard for him to impact the stat sheet when he touches the ball less often than his replacement player

Comment

Working...
                                X