Looking Ahead: 2016 Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sign Gasol with the mid-level
    Bring back DD on a near max contract (5yr/120M$)
    Re-sign Jason Thompson on a minimum contract
    Draft a SF and a PF or one of them and sign the other one with a minimum contract

JV/Nogueira
    Gasol/Patterson/Thompson/?????
    Carroll/?????/Caboclo
    DeRozan/Ross/Powell
    Lowry/Joseph/Wright

Gasol and Thompson can both play minutes at the C so we would be alright with this rotation. In fact Gasol would pretty much be our backup C but starting at the 4. Also gives a bit more opportunities to Bebe, while improving our PF position.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
      Sign Gasol with the mid-level
      Draft a SF and a PF or one of them and sign the other one with a minimum contract

JV/Nogueira
      Carroll/?????/Caboclo
      DeRozan/Ross/Powell
      Lowry/Joseph/Wright

Gasol and Thompson can both play minutes at the C so we would be alright with this rotation. In fact Gasol would pretty much be our backup C but starting at the 4. Also gives a bit more opportunities to Bebe, while improving our PF position.
      I'd be pretty god damn happy if Gasol signed with us for the MLE.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
        Sign Gasol with the mid-level

JV/Nogueira
        Carroll/?????/Caboclo
        DeRozan/Ross/Powell
        Lowry/Joseph/Wright

Gasol isn't coming to Toronto for a mid level, pretty sure he gave a nod to the Bulls that he is willing to stick it out with the team for the long haul which is why they didn't trade him.

Bruno isn't going to be ready next season to contribute on a full time basis as a backup, still needs a big jump in development to warrant that and that may take another year.

I think that there is a chance to land Horford or Ryan Anderson as a free agent.

I think that Bismack likes it here and him and Masai will sit down to talk contract and they will find a number that both can agree on.

Idealy the Raptors will try to draft for a PF when their pick arrives somewhere between 7-10, but if Jamal Murray is available I don't believe Masai will pass on that cause that pick will be a winner.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
          Gasol isn't coming to Toronto for a mid level, pretty sure he gave a nod to the Bulls that he is willing to stick it out with the team for the long haul which is why they didn't trade him.

Bruno isn't going to be ready next season to contribute on a full time basis as a backup, still needs a big jump in development to warrant that and that may take another year.

I think that there is a chance to land Horford or Ryan Anderson as a free agent.

I think that Bismack likes it here and him and Masai will sit down to talk contract and they will find a number that both can agree on.

Idealy the Raptors will try to draft for a PF when their pick arrives somewhere between 7-10, but if Jamal Murray is available I don't believe Masai will pass on that cause that pick will be a winner.
          As long as that number is $5.6M (MLE) or less, which is the most we'll be able to offer him without clearing some cap via trades.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
            As long as that number is $5.6M (MLE) or less, which is the most we'll be able to offer him without clearing some cap via trades.
            I think he takes 5 million, no questions asked in all honesty.... unless some team ridiculously overpays him.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
              I think he takes 5 million, no questions asked in all honesty.... unless some team ridiculously overpays him.
              He's going to get offered $10m per, at least. Everyone has cap space, someone's going to run out of targets and overpay him.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                He's going to get offered $10m per, at least. Everyone has cap space, someone's going to run out of targets and overpay him.
                Yes but does he really want to start for team just because they payed him a little more?! I don't see him pulling a Sprewell.

Comment

Yes but does he really want to start for team just because they payed him a little more?! I don't see him pulling a Sprewell.

Twice as much isn't 'a little more'. You can put up with a lot of shit for an extra $5 million.
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• I put up with a lot of shit for a 3% raise lol

Comment

He's a backup C here and always would be. I think every team in the NBA could offer him a comparable position or better.

It also wouldn't be a little more $, it'd be $5M more per year over 3-4 years, so $15-$20M more.
                      Last edited by Primer; Wed Mar 2, 2016, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• Has anyone thought about an off-season trade involving JV? Is this even possible? I like JV a lot but it's clear that a log-jam is beginning to develop (JV, Bismack, Bebe), and, given what we've seen from the offense, JV isn't really being used to his full potential. I think that we would be able to get quite a bit of value out of a package including JV. I would also be fine with Bismack/Bebe splitting minutes, and whomever we draft or pickup (resign JT?) filling in the rest. Any thoughts on this?

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
                          Has anyone thought about an off-season trade involving JV? Is this even possible? I like JV a lot but it's clear that a log-jam is beginning to develop (JV, Bismack, Bebe), and, given what we've seen from the offense, JV isn't really being used to his full potential. I think that we would be able to get quite a bit of value out of a package including JV. I would also be fine with Bismack/Bebe splitting minutes, and whomever we draft or pickup (resign JT?) filling in the rest. Any thoughts on this?
                          We will lose Biyombo in free agency this year - we have only the MLE to offer him and he will very likely get a bigger offer than that.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            We will lose Biyombo in free agency this year - we have only the MLE to offer him and he will very likely get a bigger offer than that.
                            From listening to Masai talk about Bebe, I think the backup role is his next season.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                              From listening to Masai talk about Bebe, I think the backup role is his next season.
                              He's just got the feel of a really great backup center. Quick, athletic, high energy exactly what you need from your reserve 5 man. Those tap outs and lob plays really help get some momentum for the team off the bench.

Comment

• I think we have to find a way to keep Bismack. His toughness and D ads to the identity of this team. I would showcase Bebe and trade him. They're the same age and BB is already a strong contributer to this team.

Not quite sure why Masai didn't lock Biyombo to a longer contract to begin with.
                                Last edited by saints91; Thu Mar 3, 2016, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X