This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lewro wrote: View Post
    39 assists to 9 TOs. 7 guys in double digit scoring and everyone scored except one guy (he only played 7 mins and he's from Scarborough). 13 stls and 11 blks.
    Casey would be disgusted.

Comment

• [QUOTE=KeonClark;736246]Great article about both Stackhouse and the d league

[url]https://theringer.com/nba

Really good article.

Comment

• Anyone else pick up playoff tickets yet?
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Hopefully Bruno is back in the lineup tonight.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
            Anyone else pick up playoff tickets yet?
            Waiting till my cash comes in later today, but I want to.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Anyone watching tonight? 905 with the turnover leading to a run out. Pascal with the out of nowhere chase down block. Rebound goes to the trailer who goes up for the shot.....swatted away by Caboclo! Will I be typing this again in 2 years? (But in the big leagues)

Comment

• Holy crap Siakim is a phenomenal athlete.

Comment

• If you watch Bruno on the court, he's doing the right thing now more often than not. Last night he missed a key closeout and he put up a tough shot from the corner (he put it to the deck off the catch, making it tougher than it had to be), and i think he gave up an offensive rebound. Otherwise he was moving well without the ball, hitting shots in the flow of the offense, getting into the lane under control, directing traffic on D, and generally looking like a player.

Also, there were a few times when I saw his protecting around the hoop when I mistook him for Tavares. He's that long.

Comment

• I agree with the above. I think there has been a lot of progress with Bruno this year. It even looked like he was communicating on defence. And long he is. When he was bent over getting in position for a rebound following a free throw, his arms were almost hanging on the ground.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                      If you watch Bruno on the court, he's doing the right thing now more often than not. Last night he missed a key closeout and he put up a tough shot from the corner (he put it to the deck off the catch, making it tougher than it had to be), and i think he gave up an offensive rebound. Otherwise he was moving well without the ball, hitting shots in the flow of the offense, getting into the lane under control, directing traffic on D, and generally looking like a player.

Also, there were a few times when I saw his protecting around the hoop when I mistook him for Tavares. He's that long.
                      I'll just be happy seeing him become one lol

Seeing Siakam (who is the same age) absolutely beast in the D-League yet barely even make a blip on the radar in the pros shows to me that Bruno is still miles away from being a contributor.

I've said before but I think we're going to treat Bruno like a "rookie" on his next contract. We've essentially used the 905 to be like his "college" years and develop him. Willing to bet he's going to get minutes like Norm and Delon did in their rookie years in his 1st year of his second contract. Where he comes in for injury or getting some burn later in the season.

Comment

• If you watch the 905, Stackhouse really has the team playing great basketball...they have very good ball movement and seem to play pretty hard on the defensive end.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post

Seeing Siakam (who is the same age) absolutely beast in the D-League yet barely even make a blip on the radar in the pros shows to me that Bruno is still miles away from being a contributor.

I've said before but I think we're going to treat Bruno like a "rookie" on his next contract. We've essentially used the 905 to be like his "college" years and develop him. Willing to bet he's going to get minutes like Norm and Delon did in their rookie years in his 1st year of his second contract. Where he comes in for injury or getting some burn later in the season.
                          It's hard to project with D-League. Ronald Roberts dominated at PF spot last year and still didn't get a single call up. Jarnell Stoke, PF as well, dominated D-League and won D-League MVP and he got waived by Nuggets. Certain skills don't translate from D-League to Pros.

If Bruno can be something like Johnathan Simmons I'll be happy
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post

I agree that Bruno is being groomed for his 2nd contract - has been the whole time - and should expect rookie-level minutes next season. However, I'd argue that Siakim would be producing pretty consistently if he were still in the lineup at the point. He's been demoted, but not because he can't contribute.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                              I agree that Bruno is being groomed for his 2nd contract - has been the whole time - and should expect rookie-level minutes next season. However, I'd argue that Siakim would be producing pretty consistently if he were still in the lineup at the point. He's been demoted, but not because he can't contribute.
                              Based on his learning curve at NMS, I anticipate he will take a step this summer. The athleticism is there and some skill level to build on but does he develop the iq to read/react at an NBA pace?
                              Be interesting to swap him with Skal on the kings. I think if he was getting heavy mins that he might have opened some eyes too.

Comment

• Is Larry Sanders gonna play?

Comment

Working...
                                X