This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Then this would be interesting since the Raptors can poach some uprotected D league talent from other teams. Last year the Knicks took 2 NBA D leaguers all stars from that draft.
    Keep in mind, having players on your D-League team gives you no special rights to sign them. Any NBA team can sign guys from other D-League squads, unless their draft rights or NBA contract are owned by another team.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Tickets start at $14...

http://raptors905.dleague.nba.com/tickets/

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
        Anyone know how The management structure of the team will look like?
        Not sure. In the NHL usually an assistant GM is in charge of the minor league team. So maybe Weltman.

But there may be an entirely different structure put in place that would simply report to the NBA level guys.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Not sure. In the NHL usually an assistant GM is in charge of the minor league team. So maybe Weltman.

But there may be an entirely different structure put in place that would simply report to the NBA level guys.
          I think in the NBA it's a little different. The once assistant GM of the RGV Vipers (rockets D league team) used to be a video guy on Rockets and after the Asst GM job became the Rockets scouting coordinator.

Would think a forward thinking organization such as the raps would use D-League to develop front office people as well as players
          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
            I think in the NBA it's a little different. The once assistant GM of the RGV Vipers (rockets D league team) used to be a video guy on Rockets and after the Asst GM job became the Rockets scouting coordinator.

Would think a forward thinking organization such as the raps would use D-League to develop front office people as well as players
            Yeah, they'll certainly have their own structure - it is just a question if the top level day to day stuff will be a guy like Weltman, or if there will be a "GM" at the minor league level that just follows directives from above.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Yeah, they'll certainly have their own structure - it is just a question if the top level day to day stuff will be a guy like Weltman, or if there will be a "GM" at the minor league level that just follows directives from above.
              Might even be someone like Basketball Operations President that gets promoted to D-League team GM , and then we see everyone shift chairs
              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Raptors905? honestly? Lamest team name ever.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  I was hoping that Masai would get up and say " you know the Red Ants never gave Bruno the opportunity to succeed so I can't wait for the Raptors905 to show up against them and let Bruno show them what he can really do... you know what?! Fuck the red ants!!!" (drops the mic and walks away angrily and thus a rivalry is born)
                  It's the Mad Ants. Masai might hate red ants though, they get in your kitchen and have venomous bites.

Comment

• DLeague Head Coach

Michael Grange ‏@michaelgrange 23m23 minutes ago

Ujiri looking both internally and externally to fill DLeague hc job; would like to have someone in place by summer league.

One search ends and another begins!

Comment

• DLeague head coach to replace Raps head coach? Someone get GP on the phone
                      #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• If they're looking internally, I could see Mahlelela getting it; for someone like Mermuys who's already spent a chunk of time coaching d-league, it would be a demotion, but Mahlelela's already working on the player development side, and I don't think he's had any bench-management experience so this would be good for his own development as a coach.

Comment

• Hopefully he looks hard internally and give the D-league HC job to Casey. No brainer.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                            Hopefully he looks hard internally and give the D-league HC job to Casey. No brainer.
                            Idk man wouldnt want to ruin the development of those young guys

Comment

• Whoever the head coach of the Nigerian national team is, I bet it's that guy.

Comment

• DWayne Casey... that is all.

Comment

Working...
                                X