This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Oh, so good chance we've already got our 15-man roster set? How did I not know this...
    McKinnie would be the 14th man.

Lowry
    DeRozan
    Powell
    Ibaka
    JV
    Wright
    Miles
    Siakam
    Poeltl
    VanVleet
    BeBe
    OG
    Bruno
    McKinnie

With the two two-way players on the side.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Dayum, McKinnie's got some major league athleticism.

When you look at just McKinnie, OG, Miller, and Bruno, you start to see how Masai has reshaped the roster on the backend. No more putting all your eggs in one 3-man basket. Solid shooting and all project as small ball 4s as well.

Comment

• Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          McKinnie is a NBA roster invitee, not likely to end up in the D-League (has too large a guarantee to allow him to convert to a two-way deal with us). Meeks has an option to convert to a two-way, I'd say he's far more likely to end up that 17th man. McKinnie will probably make the roster as wing depth.
          Any reason we can't send Alfonzo down as a rookie, or does he need to agree?

Comment

Any reason we can't send Alfonzo down as a rookie, or does he need to agree?
            We can send him down, sure. Until OG is back, he'll probably be kept on the active roster though, in case he's needed. And if McKinnie is down, Bruno is up, unless we sign someone else (on game days, anyway).
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

https://2ways10days.com/alfonzo-mcki...s-4d5252a62ea5
              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• After recent events I'm starting to think that Raptors 905 was a failure as a developmental tool. Whole thing is a overrated and unnecessary waste of resources.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  After recent events I'm starting to think that Raptors 905 was a failure as a developmental tool. Whole thing is a overrated and unnecessary waste of resources.
                  Please tell me this is a joke. If not, take a look at how ready our young squad is to play together.

Comment

Please tell me this is a joke. If not, take a look at how ready our young squad is to play together.
                    Is it really because of 905 though? Yak barely played in Dleague. Delon and FVV never really played together in D-league. Norman Powell was too good for D-league when he joined. Bebe and Bruno who played the most never became NBA players. Tavares was waived by Cavs. Toupane went to Europe and so did so many others.

Comment

• Powell definitely benefited from his D-League stint. He looked not ready at all early that season and much better after his time there.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        After recent events I'm starting to think that Raptors 905 was a failure as a developmental tool. Whole thing is a overrated and unnecessary waste of resources.
                        Which recent events are you referring to? Were you expecting it to turn every player into NBA starter material? Waste of Resources? Yeah maybe their new practice facility could have been a little nicer instead.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                          Which recent events are you referring to? Were you expecting it to turn every player into NBA starter material? Waste of Resources? Yeah maybe their new practice facility could have been a little nicer instead.
                          Maybe unnecessary is too strong. But I'm not sure they are using it correctly. Something is missing in this whole thing. Maybe their scouting just sucks.

It's kinda hard for me to say that "Oh without Gleague Norman Powell, Delon Wright would've been worse"

Comment

• I really don’t know what you are expecting. A better Bruno I guess?

Comment

I really don’t know what you are expecting. A better Bruno I guess?
                              I expected players to develop some sort of skill or feel for the game after their stint with D-league

Comment

• Anyways I think tt's more of a showcase league rather than developmental one.

Comment

Working...
                                X