This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odin wrote: View Post
    Anyone who follows the 905 see Axel Toupane on the varsity team next year?

I think he should be in the NBA. Only question is what team. He played well with Denver last year in limited opportunity.

Sign him to a very team friendly, non-guaranteed minimum contract.
    If he's willing; he's a lock for at least one of the two way contracts next year they're introducing. As is; if another trade happens that opens up a roster space; I wouldn't be surprised to see him claim it.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
      If he's willing; he's a lock for at least one of the two way contracts next year they're introducing. As is; if another trade happens that opens up a roster space; I wouldn't be surprised to see him claim it.
      Charles F. Gardner: Kidd said newcomer Axel Toupane will not be active today but coach liked what he saw in Toupane’s first practice with team on Saturday.
      – via cf_gardner
      Milwaukee got him....Good for him but boo.

Comment

• This guy who can't make the cut as a 905 walk-on:

Man on the one hand you feel for him, hanging onto that dream so tight and can't let it die. On the other hand, there's some line between believing in yourself and being semi-delusional, and he seems geared towards the latter. If a 6'1" 170 lbs 30+ year old can't figure out why he wasn't picked as a D-League walk on, I don't know what to say. He's had a good year or two in the NBL, but that's it. Went undrafted in 2006, is still trying to make a go of basketball at an age where some NBAers are starting to retire and just can't figure out why nobody is giving him the big paycheque.

As a husband/dad at some point you gotta wake up you need to make money.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          This guy who can't make the cut as a 905 walk-on:

Man on the one hand you feel for him, hanging onto that dream so tight and can't let it die. On the other hand, there's some line between believing in yourself and being semi-delusional, and he seems geared towards the latter. If a 6'1" 170 lbs 30+ year old can't figure out why he wasn't picked as a D-League walk on, I don't know what to say. He's had a good year or two in the NBL, but that's it. Went undrafted in 2006, is still trying to make a go of basketball at an age where some NBAers are starting to retire and just can't figure out why nobody is giving him the big paycheque.

I live in Halifax so I've watched him a couple times on the Hurricanes and he definitely doesn't move the needle much for me. He is currently coming off the bench and doesn't really get too many minutes. There are more skilled players on the Hurricanes let alone playing for the 905.

Comment

Wish we could turn back time...to da good olll daaays
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

That is sad. But uplifting too that he won't give up and his family/wife sticks with the status quo. That he could not get a team contract in China (and possibly even the Euro leagues) is telling. I think his age is probably working against him now...teams just don't see him as a good investment at 31-32.

Comment

• Bruno with 16/7/3 with a block and 2 steals. I'm optimistic this experience playing his role on a winning squad in the 905 will pay off down the road.

Comment

• Performances like that are going to get him a look soon.

Comment

• Crazy how good this team has gotten so quickly - great work by Stackhouse and co.

Comment

• Finally lost one - didn't have Bruno

Comment

• Sounds like Poeltl and Siakim dominated yesterday (+/-). Bruno was out with a minor shoulder injury.

Comment

• Bruno with 11 points and 5 rebounds at the half in this one:
                          http://dleague.nba.com/games/20170318/LINRAP/

Comment

• fuck it's fun to watch them play
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• 39 assists to 9 TOs. 7 guys in double digit scoring and everyone scored except one guy (he only played 7 mins and he's from Scarborough). 13 stls and 11 blks.

Comment

• Great article about both Stackhouse and the d league

https://theringer.com/nba-d-league-c...32a#.1k0x0zbo9
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X