This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I don't know who Sea Dubs Central is, but...

Sea Dubs Central: For business purposes and to keep league costs down, Toronto's D-League franchise will operate stateside, not in Canada. - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/toro....gOyZHkOT.dpuf
    From their Twitter feed:

Independent credentialed site covering @DLeagueWarriors and other @nbadleague news. Managed by @AdamJNBA
    Run by Adam Johnson:

Editor @seadubscentral, Contributor @BASportsGuy, UCSC Alum, Dad, Disney Nut, Never eaten a PB&J sandwich

And this is the website:

http://www.seadubscentral.com/

Personally, I think the opinion is valid and informed.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      I don't know who Sea Dubs Central is, but...

Sea Dubs Central: For business purposes and to keep league costs down, Toronto's D-League franchise will operate stateside, not in Canada. - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/toro....gOyZHkOT.dpuf
      "After covering the Santa Cruz squad for several months with some success, Adam Johnson woke up one day to find out the site he wrote for no longer existed and was out of a job.
      With nowhere to report to, Johnson decided it was time to open up shop for himself. In less than 24 hours , Sea Dubs Central was born with the help of local Santa Cruz Warriors SuperFan, Idris Nolan (help meaning he built the entire site). Sea Dubs Central is a site dedicated to providing the best possible coverage of the Santa Cruz Warriors as well as the NBA D-League."

http://www.seadubscentral.com/about/

McHappy beat me to it, but I will leave my post because of the longer and slightly more informative quote from their "About" page.
      Last edited by Puffer; Wed Apr 29, 2015, 08:09 AM.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        Canada would be great but Buffalo or Albany make a lot of sense as well for avoiding VISA and customs garbage.
        Yeah, much easier to get into Canada on short notice than into the US.

Canadian Border Officials

while the US Border Officials

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Buffalo could make sense re proximity / US location. Too bad the players would have to live in a shit hole.

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
            http://www.lfpress.com/2015/03/02/bo...a-huge-cushion

they actually avg about 5500 fans per game but have had 7000 5x including a record setting 8700 once. I hope the D-league team ends up in London with that kind of support.
            Wow, very impressive. I had no idea this team existed.

And I had no idea that JLC is now Budweiser Gardens :|

Comment

Not sure if anyone else has posted this or thought of it but.....

What are odds the new practice facility is home of the new DLeague team?

I've read that LALakers are building a facility to house D Leageu team and I think Washington was planning on doing the same.

Comment

I've read that LALakers are building a facility to house D Leageu team and I think Washington was planning on doing the same.
                The press release talked about Mississauga didn't it?

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                  The press release talked about Mississauga didn't it?
                  I don't recall a press release. Source?

Comment

I don't recall a press release. Source?
                    Ah. My bad. It was just some speculation form the front page of the site:
                    "Possible locations could be Mississauga’s Hershey Center, Brampton’s Powerade Center, or any one of the other arenas across the GTA."

Comment

This is huge for Toronto and the Basketball fans in GTA.

Comment

That would make sense. The practice facility is at Exhibition Place and either part of but definitely close to BMO field (home of TFC). Seems to be a blend there of a complex and central/close to transportation facilities/parking space.

Comment

I would assume the practice facility doesn't have seats though. Assuming they aim for a bigger than a high school crowd will bleachers you roll out from the wall.
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                            I would assume the practice facility doesn't have seats though. Assuming they aim for a bigger than a high school crowd will bleachers you roll out from the wall.
                            How many people do you guys think will go to their games ? I have a feeling it will shock the rest of the D-league and once for all, it will prove to the rest of the league that Toronto is not just a Hockey town.

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
                              How many people do you guys think will go to their games ? I have a feeling it will shock the rest of the D-league and once for all, it will prove to the rest of the league that Toronto is not just a Hockey town.
                              I would want to agree with this but I'm not 100% sold. There are a LOT of teams in Toronto right now (Raptors, Maple Leafs, Blue Jays, Argos, Marlies, Toronto FC, Toronto Rock...) to compete for an audience. Realistically speaking, I think if they could manage 800-1000, they'd be fine.

For comparison's sake, does anyone know how many fans usually attend games for the Marlies compared to fans who attend Leaf games?
                              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

After a quick Google flurry these are the average home attendance figures.

2013-14 Blue Jays 29,237
                                2014-15 TFC 23,835 (season in progress)
                                2014-15 Leafs 19,063
                                2014-15 Rock 9,985
                                2014 Argos 17,790
                                2014-15 Marlies 5,347

Population of Toronto (GTA) is now over 6 million.
                                http://news.nationalpost.com/toronto...t-four-million
                                Last edited by Mess; Sat May 30, 2015, 10:28 PM.
                                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
                                X