This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    It's like Bebe, KL or CoJo could get hurt early leaving one PG. Raptor are shorthanded at PG and C and they are carrying a rookie SG who doesn't really contribute and needs work on his game anyway. Like Powell, but Raptors have alot of SG
    You pretty much need 3 point guards on a roster, but you don't have to dress all three.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      You pretty much need 3 point guards on a roster, but you don't have to dress all three.
      Seems like mismanagement to dress Bennett and Powell but not Wright and Bebe thus far. There are lots of options, and if KLow get injured playing 40+ because CoJo got hurt in the first then that's terrible roster management.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
        Seems like mismanagement to dress Bennett and Powell but not Wright and Bebe thus far. There are lots of options, and if KLow get injured playing 40+ because CoJo got hurt in the first then that's terrible roster management.
        I think Wright has been dressed most games, since they can dress 13.

It makes sense to keep the rookies with the big club to start, to give them a chance to learn the systems in practice and see them executed in games, before going down to put the theory in action.

Bruno & Bebe were with the team last season, so they had a head start and could go down right away and become focal points of the team.

Besides, Bennett is essentially the 10th man along with JJ, and Powell was just getting time while Ross was injured. With JV hurt and Ross back, I expect to see a 3-man rotation of Bruno, Wright and Powell shuffling through the D-league (2 of them down at all times), to maximize their playing time and development.

Comment

• Both Lowry and CoJo play a physical style. There could be a game where one or both are in foul trouble. A 3rd PG seems likje a smarter choice to keep. They also should see if Bennet wants playing time in Mississauga. The style in DLeague might help his confidence.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Yeah Delon. Good to see 905 get their first win...unless it's their 2nd. The D-league is a great place for Wright to get some run, running his first pro team.

Comment

• Tix for dec 11 at ACC 11am on sale.

I was hoping to get court side but......oh well.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    Tix for dec 11 at ACC 11am on sale.

I was hoping to get court side but......oh well.
                    Actually spoke to a guy about that (I work the guy who does the DJing for the 905 games and he hooked me up with inside sales). There might be courtsides available...eventually. I'll just post his entire quote: "For the ACC game, the single tickets will be the same price as a normal game at the Hershey Centre. This does not include courtside seats just because we are still figuring out how many we can make available for that day."
                    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                      Actually spoke to a guy about that (I work the guy who does the DJing for the 905 games and he hooked me up with inside sales). There might be courtsides available...eventually. I'll just post his entire quote: "For the ACC game, the single tickets will be the same price as a normal game at the Hershey Centre. This does not include courtside seats just because we are still figuring out how many we can make available for that day."
                      Cool.

Thanks dude.

I'll keep an eye.

Worst case scenario, $24 wasted isn't end of world

Comment

• Delon did well. It would have been nice to see more of him in summer league but I guess he got hurt.

Comment

• Comment

• Got my court side 905 tickets!

They better send Bruno down!!

Comment

• 905 getting trounced. Brutal turnovers.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                                905 getting trounced. Brutal turnovers.
                                D-league figured out they don't pass

Comment

Working...
                                X