Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50

Thread: Everything Raptors 905's

Raptors Republic Superstar Mess's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Raptors Republic Veteran MixxAOR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

After recent events I'm starting to think that Raptors 905 was a failure as a developmental tool. Whole thing is a overrated and unnecessary waste of resources.

Raptors Republic Superstar SkywalkerAC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    After recent events I'm starting to think that Raptors 905 was a failure as a developmental tool. Whole thing is a overrated and unnecessary waste of resources.
    Please tell me this is a joke. If not, take a look at how ready our young squad is to play together.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Please tell me this is a joke. If not, take a look at how ready our young squad is to play together.
    Is it really because of 905 though? Yak barely played in Dleague. Delon and FVV never really played together in D-league. Norman Powell was too good for D-league when he joined. Bebe and Bruno who played the most never became NBA players. Tavares was waived by Cavs. Toupane went to Europe and so did so many others.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Powell definitely benefited from his D-League stint. He looked not ready at all early that season and much better after his time there.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mess's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Which recent events are you referring to? Were you expecting it to turn every player into NBA starter material? Waste of Resources? Yeah maybe their new practice facility could have been a little nicer instead.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mess wrote: View Post
    Which recent events are you referring to? Were you expecting it to turn every player into NBA starter material? Waste of Resources? Yeah maybe their new practice facility could have been a little nicer instead.
    Maybe unnecessary is too strong. But I'm not sure they are using it correctly. Something is missing in this whole thing. Maybe their scouting just sucks.

It's kinda hard for me to say that "Oh without Gleague Norman Powell, Delon Wright would've been worse"

Post Thanks / Like

I really don’t know what you are expecting. A better Bruno I guess?

Post Thanks / Like

I really don’t know what you are expecting. A better Bruno I guess?
    I expected players to develop some sort of skill or feel for the game after their stint with D-league

Post Thanks / Like

Anyways I think tt's more of a showcase league rather than developmental one.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyways I think tt's more of a showcase league rather than developmental one.
    No idea why you'd feel that way. Young players need professional game experience as a part of their development, and for many the g-league is that opportunity. If you've paid attention you'd know that Bruno actually has come a long way, even if he's still not NBA-ready.

Then, the 905 project is what two years in? Maybe some patience is called for?

Finally, the calibre of play in the development league is getting better year after year. This year it will have another bump up with the 2-way contracts.

12. Like Puffer liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

...Finally, the calibre of play in the development league is getting better year after year. This year it will have another bump up with the 2-way contracts.
    I think this will have a big impact. The competition in the European leagues has been, and continues to be, at a higher caliber than G League. But as players start to see more money in the G League, and as the rest of the league winds up with their own teams for development purposes, teams could have 5 NBA players (including two way contracts), and more intense scrutiny. That could make it more attractive to North American players who have earned a couple of years salary overseas, and now want to play closer to home, and closer to The NBA.

Post Thanks / Like

Another benefit of having a g-league team in virtually the same city, is that you can increase the number of practices for your young guys - extremely important with the limited practices allowed by the CBA.

15. Like GOLDBLUM, Puffer liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors 905 Replica Rings will be given out this Wednesday, November 8th to first 4000 fans at their home opener! Real metal and really heavy!
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BbKfE8TF...by=dragontea22

17. Like MixxAOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if/when Bruno will make an appearance for the 905...

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if/when Bruno will make an appearance for the 905...
    I don't think so

Post Thanks / Like

Game 3 coming up in half an hour. I assume McKinnie and Caboclo are playing. I guess Tavares signed with Madrid?

Watch here: http://gleague.nba.com/games/20171110/RAPFWN/

Raptors Republic All-Star DogeLover1234's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Game 3 coming up in half an hour. I assume McKinnie and Caboclo are playing. I guess Tavares signed with Madrid?

Watch here: http://gleague.nba.com/games/20171110/RAPFWN/
    Only have watched Bruno highlights, but two solid outings for him so far. I'll definitely keep an eye on if he can keep it up over 10-15 games. As much as people will say, "It's the Dleague, still trash" its better than nothing. Dleague has boosted a ton of careers and may be what this guy needs to jumpstart his career.

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50

Thread Information