Everything Vince Carter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

symbot wrote: View Post
    I don't see how we can acquire VC from Memphis. We should not give up TRoss to get him.

The trade machine allows some things Memphis would never do:

That would actually be amazing.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I wouldn't mind VC coming back. I'm sure he'd be a positive influence but I don't think he's close to Pierce as a competitor or a leader. Sure he's old and experienced, but not all veterans have the same impact. It couldn't hurt but it shouldn't be a focus.

Oh...and trading Ross for him would be absolutely, incredibly insane.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
        that would actually be amazing.
        wow.
        Get me hollinger on the line.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
          Bang on. TRoss' attitude mimicks that of VC at a similar age.
          Huh? We talking about the Vince Carter that won ROY, and the TRoss that is pretty lucky he's not in the D-League? Those guys?

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
            Ross's facial expressions and body language indicates defiance to me .
            Ross makes facial expressions? I find him to look mostly blank and a little clueless/confused out there. He's one guy who may take until he's almost 30 to actually put it all together.
            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

PSRS1 said "attitude". Not statistical production or potential or level of play. That being said I don't agree about their attitudes being similar.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                PSRS1 said "attitude". Not statistical production or potential or level of play. That being said I don't agree about their attitudes being similar.
                Their attitudes aren't similar at all either. What? Vince was cocky and backed himself. TRoss is a phlegmatic pussy.

Comment

I would like him back just so we can continue to marvel at the neverending trainwreck that is the Toronto Raptors.

You guys are not thinking ahead. Vince + Dwane Casey means no minutes for Bruno until 2018. Plus if we take a step back, the guy is going to take so much shit, and even though I'm not a fan of his, he doesn't deserve that.

But most of all... He sucks now. $4mm for a nostalgia gamble is plain nuts. Give that money to Amir.

Comment

Not Too Xabi wrote: View Post
                    Their attitudes aren't similar at all either. What? Vince was cocky and backed himself. TRoss is a phlegmatic pussy.
                    Good word. Can't say I've ever seen it used to describe TRoss, but its perfect actually.

I think the boat has sailed on a Carter return .. I don't think he has enough left to be what Pierce was for Washington this year. Carter is already older, and by next season will be one step closer to retirement. I would have supported a return earlier, but at this point, he just has nothing to offer but his name.

On the other hand, its crazy that McGrady is only 35 and been out of the league now for so long .. shame. Would be awesome if he suddenly found another couple of years in the ol' knees and back.
                    Last edited by Joey; Sat May 16, 2015, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Not Too Xabi wrote: View Post
                      I agree
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

how do these threads keep happening
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I think vince had his swan song with some dramatics in Dallas last year he did score 16 in the last game but I kinda wish he would retire he has had a great career

Comment

rightsideup wrote: View Post
                            I think vince had his swan song with some dramatics in Dallas last year he did score 16 in the last game but I kinda wish he would retire he has had a great career

Comment

We need a Charles Oakley, Vince does not seem to have Oak's tenacity.

That being said, can we trade Lou Will's expiring for Vince + a pick?

Comment

Why do people want to bring in a guy closer to retirement than productivity?

Bringing a vet only works if they still have enough to play. Otherwise, Magloire, Hayes, etc.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X