Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ranking the Rookies - Who is going to contribute the most this year ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranking the Rookies - Who is going to contribute the most this year ?

Bruno and Bebe are still rookies in that they haven't played signficant minutes in their careers to date.
    Powell and Wright are brand spanking new.
    So of the four musketeers who in your opinion has the best chance to make a mark this year and why ?

Poll open as well.
    Delon Wright
    42.11%
    Lucas "BeBe" Nogueira
    18.42%
    Norman Powell
    34.21%
    Bruno
    5.26%
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Bebe is not a rook. But I vote for him to contribute.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Bebe/Wright

Comment

My guess was between Bebe and Wright but I went with Bebe because I think he will establish himself as the backup C over Biyombo.

Comment

How about there will be no significant contributions by Raptors rookies? To contribute you need playing time and DC is not known for giving rookies minutes. It is possible they could still contribute in practice and on the bench giving support for those players that see the floor.

Comment

Wright. If one of CoJo or Lowry gets hurt, he's getting significant minutes. Every other position has a bunch of vets that can fill in.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
              Wright. If one of CoJo or Lowry gets hurt, he's getting significant minutes. Every other position has a bunch of vets that can fill in.
              Yeah. And because of that, seems they have to get him enough minutes to be able to step in. Like CoJo in San Antonio.

But isn't Bebe in a similar spot? I don't have the "chops" to evaluate his potential myself. But on the basis of "potential" or "ceiling" alone, does Wright have a distinct edge over Bebe, at this point? Because they're actually deeper and much more secure at the point now, aren't they?

Comment

Norm.

As soon as a guard or wing gets injured he is going to get his chance and make the absolute most of it.

Comment

Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                  Yeah. And because of that, seems they have to get him enough minutes to be able to step in. Like CoJo in San Antonio.

But isn't Bebe in a similar spot? I don't have the "chops" to evaluate his potential myself. But on the basis of "potential" or "ceiling" alone, does Wright have a distinct edge over Bebe, at this point? Because they're actually deeper and much more secure at the point now, aren't they?
                  I would fully expect Dwane Casey to play Scola at C for significant minutes as an injury replacement for JV or BB long before BeBe sees the floor. No such option at PG.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    Norm.

As soon as a guard or wing gets injured he is going to get his chance and make the absolute most of it.

I don't know about that. If a PG gets injured, Wright gets the call. If a wing player gets hurt, you are only removing one guy from a wing rotation of DD, Ross, Carroll, JJ and CoJo (who will get minutes at the 2). No desperate need to play Powell.

I'd like it if you were right but my observation of Casey does not support the theory.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I don't know about that. If a PG gets injured, Wright gets the call. If a wing player gets hurt, you are only removing one guy from a wing rotation of DD, Ross, Carroll, JJ and CoJo (who will get minutes at the 2). No desperate need to play Powell.

I'd like it if you were right but my observation of Casey does not support the theory.
                      You're probably right.

So I invoke my right to adjust.

As soon as THREE guards or wings get injured at the same time Norm will get his chance and shine.

Comment

I think you see jj as a four this season in caseys new small ball mantra.

So ppat and jj are pfs.
                        Iv and scola and biyombo are centers.

Ross is sixth man

Cujo is 7th

Powell is backup sg.

So powell.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Comment

I would fully expect Dwane Casey to play Scola at C for significant minutes as an injury replacement for JV or BB long before BeBe sees the floor. No such option at PG.
                          So ... you don't think they'll want to give Bebe a real "taste" ... and a real ""look"?

Comment

Wright
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I'm with Dan, the only player that might get significant time would be Wright if CoJo or Lowry get injured, which even as a best case scenario probably will happen for a handful of games.

Wright is also old enough and a ball handler so Casey may not restrict him as much as he usually does with rooks.

Bebe has an outside shot if he outplays Biyombo AND if Scola or JV get injured. I don't see any scenario where Casey trusts him more than Scola/JV, and even if he does he'll just be rebounding and setting picks, so his numbers won't show much.

Powell could get some good junktime stats but he's definitely not ready. Even the great 2nd round picks never did much in their first year.

And Bruno.........as the PC ads like to say, he's just not ready.....nice hair though.

Comment

Working...
                              X