Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legacy league Game #5 - Doge. v. Mr.Z (Winner: Dogelover)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the toughest matchup to vote on. I'm stumped right now.

Comment

This competition is a lot of fun! I missed voting on the first 2 matchups, but my vote would have gone to the winning teams.

---

As for this matchup, it really is the ultimate back court (MJ & The Glove) VS front court (Shaq & Dr. J) matchup.

With Payton shutting down the point-of-attack and MJ running the show offensively (and enough wing depth/versatility to force small-ball style play), I think the inside attack can be effectively neutralized.

Comment

I submitted my adjustments to Axel. So stay tuned
        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
          I submitted my adjustments to Axel. So stay tuned
          You can just post them and I (or another mod) will copy them into the OP.

Updated OP now.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Between MJ and Payton that's a whole lot of smack talk that Archibald, VC and Dr. J have to ensure. They're both crazy good lockdown defenders and it's going to be tough on the perimeter for Mr. Z on offense.

Shaq & C Web in the paint is a whole lot to contain however. Wes Unseld is 6'7", 245lb and Shaq is 7'1" 325lb. This mismatch is huge and Hack-a-Shaq isn't going to work because Unseld will be in foul trouble before they get into the closing minutes of the 4th quarter. Nate Thurmond gives up two inces and 100lbs(ditto for Sikma). When the help comes, someone is going to be open and Mr. Z has a lot of shooters capable of knocking down shots. Webber is a load for these guys too even if he's been known to fade when it matters.

I favor Doge's perimeter guys and I favor Mr.Z's interior guys.

Comment

Backcourt vs Frontcourt...

I vote for the Shaq/C-Webb/Dr. frontcourt.

Comment

Unseld should be more than 245 pounds, visually he looked really thick, those old school weights are generally college. But anyway, I agree, Shaq is probably too much of a beast.

Prime Shaq offensively is about as dominant as Jordan, and I'd rather take my chances with Mitch Richmond or Vince on Jordan (who will both force Jordan to use a lot of effort on defense), than with Unseld on Shaq, who will probably not be a big problem for Shaq on either end, just my guess.

Also, half the stuff that Payton and Jordan did defensively wouldn't even be legal now. Kawhi Leonard can't shut down Chris Paul even with good rim protection and teamwork behind him, so it's hard to imagine how Payton could shut down Tiny Archibald with Unseld and Blake Griffin behind him, no rim protection.

Comment

Oh he was thick but he was also only 6'7" and so he's going to look thicker as a lower weight due to shorter frame.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Chuck Hayes checked in at 240lbs .. so 245lbs for Unseld could be pretty close.

Comment

Very tough call. But I think there's just too much size and talent at Z's 3-4-5 spots for doge's players to handle. Mr. Z, by a hair.
                      "Stop eating your sushi."
                      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

This one's tough. Payton and Jordan are about as good a backcourt you can get. But how do you stop a Shaq, Webber and Dr. J frontline? I'm not sure it's possible without a couple of goons to foul Shaq every play. I can't believe it but I'm actually leaning towards voting against Jordan here. I like the balance with that lineup though. Jordan can go to work and the rest of the guys can feed off of him, plus there are some good defensive players there too. It's a nice team to surround Jordan with. That frontline for Z is scary though, but I wonder if there is enough shooting around them? Such a tough call to make, how much longer for voting?

Comment

Waiting for dogelover's adjustments but I'm leaning towards Mr. Z

Comment

People are sleeping on Thurmond. Guy put up the first quadruple ever recorded... the only guy not named Chamberlain or Russell to grab over 40 rebounds in a game.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                              People are sleeping on Thurmond. Guy put up the first quadruple ever recorded... the only guy not named Chamberlain or Russell to grab over 40 rebounds in a game.
                              Stop reminding me ... Nate the Great should've been mine! Haha

It's been said he had a significantly taller standing reach than Wilt, who was about 2 inches taller than him (Nate was 6'11", Wilt 7'1"), and Wilt had one of the tallest standing reaches EVER apparently:

I guess standing reach was the "Wingspan" of their day?

Look at those arms! Haha
                              Last edited by Joey; Mon Aug 10, 2015, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                                Stop reminding me ... Nate the Great should've been mine! Haha

It's been said he had a taller standing reach than Wilt, who was about 2 inches taller than him (Nate was 6'11", Wilt 7'1"):

Look at those arms! Haha
                                That could be a 7'6-7'9" wingspan lol

Comment

Working...
                                X