Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legacy League: Game #8 - Mack N. v. Apollo (Winner: Apollo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
    Can you pick anyone?
    There was a draft and no two teams have the same player. Think fantasy basketball only the difference here is we decide the winner instead of real games being played.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
      Adjustment will come this afternoon... FTR, I had Drazen on the bench, with West at SG and Smith at SF(stated he'd be on Kobe all day in my gameplan). My bad for not making it clear in my starting lineup, I just used the 10 sentences for gameplan.
      Didn't catch that. If the lineup wasn't spelled out, I just copied from the draft results.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Apollo has a good balance with his lineup, and I believe his team would just overwhelm mack's team. Westbrook would not get the most out of his teammates and would dominate the ball inefficiently, and I don't think his team could defend Apollo's team. My vote is for Apollo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
          Apollo has a good balance with his lineup, and I believe his team would just overwhelm mack's team. Westbrook would not get the most out of his teammates and would dominate the ball inefficiently, and I don't think his team could defend Apollo's team. My vote is for Apollo.

Thanks Maury, but you need to cast your vote in the poll. It's only visible via regular web browser. You'll see it at the top of the page.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            Thanks Maury, but you need to cast your vote in the poll. It's only visible via regular web browser. You'll see it at the top of the page.
            We will count votes if someone explicitly says "I vote for...to win", just need to remember them.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Adjustments

Defense
              As stated previously, Josh Smith is my starting SF, but on D he switches off to Kobe, leaving Jerry West to guard Baylor. Jerry West's final season(73-74)(All-Star in all 14 seasons he played btw)saw him finish with 81 steals... in 31 games! Do not let the unknown stats fool you, they did not keep stats for steals and blocks etc. prior to the '73-'74 season, so my team may appear to have a disadvantage, but this would not be the case. West would give Baylor OR Kobe fits when they have the ball in their hands. With Josh(excellent help defender and block artist) and Moses protecting the rim with his grittiness, those two would be left outside with Mutombo and Ewing having terrible spacing on the inside, clogging the lane. Baylor is not an outside shooter, nor was he a good facilitator, leaving him stuck on the outside watching Kobe. He's just so ball dominant that his teammates would lose patience from working so hard inside that they wouldn't fight for rebounds, leaving my superior boarders to gobble up the missed shots and send to anyone of my terrific PG's/SG for break opportunities.

Offense
              I believe those Jerry West measurements are extremely skewed as Bob Loblaw mentioned, there's no way he played at 6'2" 175lbs, so that notion that he's too undersized to handle Penny, Kobe, Baylor goes out the window. I would even match him up with Matrix when he checks in.

While most of my team is undersized, let's remember who and what won the championship this year, and what teams are looking to do going forward - speed and shooting. I have some lightning bolts out there that would just run his bigger team into the ground. Excellent ball movement on the perimeter to the interior for good looks inside by Love, Malone or Petit(26PPG, 31, 31 respectively) or outside shooting by West, Drazen, KJ(44+% in their primes from 3 point range) and Love(38% from 3).

Team North has the inside and outside game down pat... you be the judge!

Comment

We were at 8-1 this morning, now at 9-4. Come on youngins, embrace the masterful game by my LEGENDS!

Comment

Sorry I'm on tap talk right now. Do I need to go cast my vote on my computer or is just saying it ok?

Comment

Sorry I'm on tap talk right now. Do I need to go cast my vote on my computer or is just saying it ok?

Its fine
                    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Its cool. Didn't know you had two options. Thanks for supporting the league!

Comment

West Guarding Baylor is incredibly risky.

Especially when West could do a good job on Kobe IMO

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                          [B]
                          If we're doing a video showcase then I'd like to inform the viewers that in my signature below this post you'll see my depth chart. Click any of the names and it will take you to career highlight videos for each player. Peace.

Comment

If we're doing a video showcase then I'd like to inform the viewers that in my signature below this post you'll see my depth chart. Click any of the names and it will take you to career highlight videos for each player. Peace.
                            haha, it was meant to be a link. I just needed one in there to show he's not as small as some sites might have stated. That was likely his rookie measurements.

Comment

I saw a picture of him stood up next to Kobe. He looked to be a couple inches shorter so I'd buy 6'4", maybe 6'5". That said it goes both ways and his teammate Baylor could have been 6'7" or 6'8" and who knows how heavy because back then they only weight these guys when they're kids entering the league (at which point Baylor was 225lbs)

10-5 right now with Maury's write in vote. I saw a few other games swing on day two so good luck, anything can happen yet.

Comment

Ah hem gentlemen. I believe you have both exceed your post limits. Bad as Joey...

Comment

Working...
                                X