Lineups - Casey's and what you want to see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Line up 2..

Casey does things very simply. Scola is here to replace Amir (Carroll to replace Ross; Ross to replace Lou; CoJo to replace GV; Biyombo to replace Hans; Wright will be Bruno - ie, never see the court).

Personally I'd like to see Biyombo at the 4 next to JV.. but I think line up 2 would be my preference anyway... I really don't like 2Pat and JV together. Makes sense on paper but I've seen it live and it does not work (not with Casey as coach anyway).

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
      This is what I expect. Ugh. 64M for a guy that barely sees the floor in the fourth quarter. We will be right back where we have been the past 2 seasons.
      Yup that's the lineup I see him using a lot as well. It's either that or you have Lowry, Demar, Ross, Carroll and PPatt as someone said earlier. I know Casey is loving this Carroll at the 4 thing a lot so expect to see it plenty. Even if it proves to not work he will still stick with it because he so stubborn. But I think Lowry, Demar, Carroll, 2Pat and JV will start since that was the question. But a lineup with Carroll at the 4 will end the game more often than not, just watch.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

What about KL, CuJo, Demar, Demarre, and JV. I don't think Casey would do it, but it could be dangerous if JV can get low in the post early in the possession. A few decent 3 point shooters, a slasher in DD and big ole JV down low. I think it would be a decent line-up.

Comment

Shredder wrote: View Post
          What about KL, CuJo, Demar, Demarre, and JV. I don't think Casey would do it, but it could be dangerous if JV can get low in the post early in the possession. A few decent 3 point shooters, a slasher in DD and big ole JV down low. I think it would be a decent line-up.
          CuJo and DD overlap. Demarre at the 3 and Scola, JJ or 2Pats at the 4 spaces better or offer better defense

Comment

I want to see Lowry Delon Demar Demarre and JV out there. Or even 2Pat for smallball.

Comment

Having Demarre and JJ mean that Demar will remain fresh this year because he doesn't have to play both wing positions and play 34+ minutes this year. I want to see him play closer to 29-30.

Kyle will also have the ability to rest more with more traditional point guards in COJO and Delon that can hold down the fort just fine. I see those two resting more games late in the season. I also see them playing less minutes through out.

Comment

I don't understand the expectation that Biyombo is getting significant play time. His age is questionable, and isn't the most coordinated player out there. He has 1 skill -- defense. He's a situational player. I was curious if JJ had any experience at the 4 last year, but it happened so rarely the stats are inconclusive.

It would be ideal if JJ and 2Pat compete for the PF position, Scola is still solid but he's slowing down and clogs the paint. JJ has the handles to play out to the perimeter and 2Pat has that shot...Hopefully, Scola plays Psycho T's role -- backup 5.

Comment

I would love to see Delon, Cojo, Carroll, JJ and JV. Serious about defence and some scorers. Perhaps this will be the start of the 2nd quarter lineup.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Casey isn't exactly Dave Joerger; he can't work without 3 pt shooters.
                    Carroll and Pat has to be in the starting lineup.

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    Whether it's Ross, Patterson or Carroll, I think having just 1 dedicated 3pt threat in the starting lineup is insufficient, given the offensive reliance on dribble-penetration (Lowry & DeRozan) and post-ups (Valanciunas & Scola, if he were to start).

Last season Amir was often parked on the 3pt line, as a second long-range shooter, because there was at least the threat of him unleashing his 'summer 3' (I don't think teams ever really viewed him as a threat, but DC kept pounding the rock). With 2 ball-dominant guys and one emerging post-up threat, I think a couple off-ball 3pt threats would be the best compliment to round out the starting lineup. Hence my preference for Carroll and Patterson.

Comment

The interesting thing is that the team we begin the game with will be set but I think the team we end the game with will be based on match ups and whoever is hot. That seems to be a Casey thing. I would like to see JV be a little more savvy with his fouls this year. He got rooked more than a few times but if he could be a little less foul prone I would love for him to save one of his fouls as a hard foul. One of those reach for the ball skull crusher fouls that has them questioning whether it's a flagrant or not. We don't have Psycho T anymore, and I think JV could earn some more 4th quarter minutes if he could increase both his speed and his nastiness quotient.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                        I don't understand the expectation that Biyombo is getting significant play time. His age is questionable, and isn't the most coordinated player out there. He has 1 skill -- defense. He's a situational player. I was curious if JJ had any experience at the 4 last year, but it happened so rarely the stats are inconclusive.

It would be ideal if JJ and 2Pat compete for the PF position, Scola is still solid but he's slowing down and clogs the paint. JJ has the handles to play out to the perimeter and 2Pat has that shot...Hopefully, Scola plays Psycho T's role -- backup 5.

Biyombo will be the most athletic player on this team. Defence is really more than a skill, it's half the game and if he can be hidden offensively (the way you have to hide some guys defensively) then he could be a consistent situational player. Also if there are a few things offensively that you can teach him to do well. Just a few, you get the team cheating off him and then get him the ball in those situations. The guys explosiveness and athleticism alone around the basket can create havoc. This was a good pick up. We still don't know what his ceiling is.

Comment

He would be complaining about effort and lack of physicality.

DDelight wrote: View Post
                          Definitely lineup #1 with Casey finishing the game with:

Lowry
                          DD
                          Ross
                          Carroll
                          Patterson

This would probably result in Casey complaining about getting out-rebounded in the post game.

Comment

LOL...I remember a game when Casey plays JV almost the entire 1st 3 quarters.
                            Sat him in the 4th and complained that JV was tired.

BAck on topic, That line up could actually work (Cojo and Delon in the backcourt = interesting)

Axel wrote: View Post
                            I would love to see Delon, Cojo, Carroll, JJ and JV. Serious about defence and some scorers. Perhaps this will be the start of the 2nd quarter lineup.

Comment

I'd actually love to see a Lowry, Ross, Carroll, Patterson, JV line up get some burn. 4 out, 1 in. Especially if there's a ton of off the ball movement. Think it would be effective on both sides of the ball.
                              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Favotite "A" lineup:

KL
                                Ross
                                DC
                                Patterson
                                JV

Fav "B" lineup:

Wright
                                CoJo
                                Ross/DC
                                JJ/Bruno