Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legacy league Match #13 - VOTE for the winner to the Semi-Finals (Joey vs planetmars)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poll open for another 24 hours.

Comment

In the end, I had to go with Joey (thanks for the extension - damn time zone screw-up), but it was the toughest decision so far.

The dominance of Wilt and the variety of defensive players who could combine to slow down LBJ (Artest, Jones, Reed and Kemp), along with the lack of 3pt shooting at LBJ's disposal, was the deciding factor for me.

I think Joey's team is even better with Nash starting though, to really bring the most out of Wilt and Allen, while allowing AI to be the ultimate 6th man (not that his ego would have ever allowed it, in real life).

Great matchup and sound coaching from both teams!

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
        Technically only 8 votes as we voted for each other.. lol

Worst turn out since we started this thing. I guess people are getting bored of it. To break the tie we probably need to keep going for at least another 24 hours.
        HAH True ... Geez....

I honestly think it was the weekend posting, combined with the 4pm close today. I mean, how can you get bored of this?!

Comment

Tie's broken, and vote cast.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Well ... I guess I won...? LOL

Good game planetmars!! You honestly scared the crap out of me with your lineup ... I obviously wanted to start Nash out there, but I looked up their numbers as well before I even saw your gameplan, and knew I wouldn't have a chance if I trotted Nash out in the starting lineup. People would call out my defense too much otherwise; but obviously, the offense got called out for Iverson being a ball-hog. Was a tough battle, and I figure it was just because it was too close to call, and people couldn't decide who to vote for!... ya, lets go with that.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
              Well ... I guess I won...? LOL

Good game planetmars!! You honestly scared the crap out of me with your lineup ... I obviously wanted to start Nash out there, but I looked up their numbers as well before I even saw your gameplan, and knew I wouldn't have a chance if I trotted Nash out in the starting lineup. People would call out my defense too much otherwise; but obviously, the offense got called out for Iverson being a ball-hog. Was a tough battle, and I figure it was just because it was too close to call, and people couldn't decide who to vote for!... ya, lets go with that.

Yeah good game.. I started strong but limped out at the end.. felt like Lebron James gave up in the finals or something (again).

Good luck in the next round. Will be rooting for Nash to win a championship

Comment

Wow I have been casually perusing these threads, and while I cannot say I have seen every team, these are by far the two best teams I have seen so far. I am somewhat relieved that the voting is closed because I am not sure where I would go. Both teams have an over the top impossible to defend player in his era (Lebron & Wilt). Both benches had players that could have started for other squads. The game plans were well thought out. There was a comment made about Artest not being able to defend Lebron, but I am not sure people remember how good he was before the brawl and suspension. He was never the same...and then I look up again and remember planetmars had Barkley too!.......

Congrats to both of you...well done.

Comment

congratulations joey

Comment

Damn I didn't get a chance to vote.

Wily would go off big time, but I don't think Joey could stop Lebron either. Would've been a tough case to argue.

Comment

Working...
                    X