Page 373 of 379 FirstFirst ... 273 323 363 371 372 373 374 375 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,460 of 7573

Thread: Politics - Can we be civilized

Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Oh no! Now the "peace process" will never get back on track! LOL. Give me a break.

That lunatic religious terrorists are mad is not a reason not to do something.
    It's more so Countries that are allied to the US being mad that I'd be concerned about. But hey, you're clearly a Foreign Relations wiz... clearly (See, I can do the useless sarcasm thing too..)

Raptors Republic Superstar slaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

By the way, this also exposes the absolute bullshit from the anti-Semites in the EU who have constantly protested in favour of the 1949 borders. It's clear now that was a lie and that what they really object to are Jews in Jerusalem at all.

Trump thumbing the terrorists and their enablers in the eye looks good on both of them....

3. Like Miekenstien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

By the way, this also exposes the absolute bullshit from the anti-Semites in the EU who have constantly protested in favour of the 1949 borders. It's clear now that was a lie and that what they really object to are Jews in Jerusalem at all.

Trump thumbing the terrorists and their enablers in the eye looks good on both of them....
    You seriously think this is an Anti-Semitic issue? For real? Ugh. I should have known. Not at all surprised.

5. Like Bendit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    It's more so Countries that are allied to the US being mad that I'd be concerned about. But hey, you're clearly a Foreign Relations wiz... clearly (See, I can do the useless sarcasm thing too..)
    Maybe they can circle up and start a new peace process then? Perhaps Macron and Trudeau can go over and wow the Arabs with their socks and hair gel? That should get it done.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they can circle up and start a new peace process then? Perhaps Macron and Trudeau can go over and wow the Arabs with their socks and hair gel? That should get it done.
    Lol There we go. Was waiting for that one. I think we've covered all the talking points now!

Raptors Republic Veteran Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

what are they going to do? i can understand they want to appease muslims in foreign countries in the hope that it protects them at home, but that doesn't work. the last time all those countries were mad at the states they did exactly what trump wanted and declared they were going to spend more money on nato. so maybe this time they will harrumph harrumph and then move all of their embassies too.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry guys, there'll be peace in the world.

Just ask Manny. He's ready to fight bad guys.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I agree. What a loon. No one would ever support an idea like this.

But it's not like they voted to move the embassy...

Oh.....

https://www.timesofisrael.com/senate...reunification/
    Details, details.... the following is an excerpt from that resolution you are touting...

“Jerusalem should remain the undivided capital of Israel in which the rights of every ethnic and religious group are protected,” the resolution states, adding that “there has been a continuous Jewish presence in Jerusalem for 3 millennia.”

It also says that “Jerusalem is a holy city and the home for people of the Jewish, Muslim and Christian faiths.”

Furthermore, the text advocates a two-state outcome based on direct negotiations between Israelis and Palestinians.
    Bold: this is the major difference between the posture of previous US govts. and the current one. Jerusalem is just as important to the Palestinians and indeed mideast muslims on religious grounds as much as cultural. No peace treaty is possible (unless imposed of course) without a Jerusalem half being claimed as the capital of a Palestinian state in a 2 state solution (unless of course there will never be). The negatives I have posed will result in intolerable violence if imposed.

The resolution is ambiguous and contradictory at the same time. The congress is also much beholden to AIPAC. So? There was no reason to go this route at this time considering DT has his nutz in a vice currently on a range of issues.

That you keep putting your faith in the current idiot in the WH rather than paying heed to the sober, serious and long held viewpoints by US administrations of both parties must mean you are all in on this guy. Ya think he may not be doing this now because Mueller is breathing into his shorts ?
    “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?” J.M. Keynes

Post Thanks / Like

Since you want to play the anti-semite card....

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-40966720

You still haven't figured out that Trump makes all his moves with only a single recipient of any resulting largesse ...HIM. Always has.
    “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?” J.M. Keynes

Post Thanks / Like

The congress is also much beholden to AIPAC.
    Scratch a leftist.....

That you keep putting your faith in the current idiot in the WH rather than paying heed to the sober, serious and long held viewpoints by US administrations of both parties must mean you are all in on this guy.
    Yes, those sober, serious masters of foreign policy over the last 20 years. Let's count their ME successes:

- Chaos in Libya (god job Hilary and Obama!)
    - ISIS (good job Bush, Obama)
    - Syrian civil war (nice one Bush Obama)
    - turning Iraq over to the Iranians (good work George and Barry!)
    - letting the Iranians get nukes (more grand thinking from the Obama nitwits who thought the Persians were a better option than the Arabs)
    - war in Yemen (thanks Bush and Obama)
    - a belligerent Turkey

Maybe it's time to try something different....

Ya think he may not be doing this now because Mueller is breathing into his shorts
    First with your guys' Slavic piss party fantasies and now this.....

Post Thanks / Like

Slaw, did you just really blame Obama for hostile Turkey? Hahahah.

14. Like Joey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Slaw, did you just really blame Obama for hostile Turkey? Hahahah.
    No, just pointing out that all the super serious, super smart foreign policy makers to which Bendit refers have got pretty much everything in the ME wrong for the past 20 years or so, including Turkey.

Post Thanks / Like

No, just pointing out that all the super serious, super smart foreign policy makers to which Bendit refers have got pretty much everything in the ME wrong for the past 20 years or so, including Turkey.
    And that list of 7 things you've provided captures "pretty much everything" from the past 20 years, does it? Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Scratch a leftist.....

Yes, those sober, serious masters of foreign policy over the last 20 years. Let's count their ME successes:

- Chaos in Libya (god job Hilary and Obama!)
    - ISIS (good job Bush, Obama)
    - Syrian civil war (nice one Bush Obama)
    - turning Iraq over to the Iranians (good work George and Barry!)
    - letting the Iranians get nukes (more grand thinking from the Obama nitwits who thought the Persians were a better option than the Arabs)
    - war in Yemen (thanks Bush and Obama)
    - a belligerent Turkey

Maybe it's time to try something different....

First with your guys' Slavic piss party fantasies and now this.....
    Do you ever answer without deflections ?... hahaha.

Trump and his pissant son-in-law Jared shall start saving the Middle East by first setting it on fire? Hahaha. Guess Jared hasn't forgotten about sitting on Netanyahu's knee when he came to visit JK's dad (in and out of the can).

Yes, your man Trump certainly knows his foreign policy...."Rocketman" and "Short & Fat" are brilliant communicating techniques. His first NSA appointment is busy spilling his guts right now to Bob M. about Trump's brilliant maneuvers on foreign policy with Putin, Erdogan and Assad. Hahaha.

The day of reckoning is nigh.

Here is a little coincidence. That other brilliant fp expert Donny Jr. who also likes to shoot defenceless animals for trophies....had a date with a House intel committee today. It was planned last week. Your man the dotard likes to deflect as well to get his boy off the news.

So, you are saying that Tillerson, Donald Trump and Kushner will save the world by just trying something "different"?

Hoped they stood around that Orb with Salman of S.A. for instructions. Thanks for the laffs.

ps....How's Yemen coming along? Rocketman apparently has Vlad on his side now....so? I have more but I'll stop.

Post Thanks / Like

And that list of 7 things you've provided captures "pretty much everything" from the past 20 years, does it? Lol
    Yeah, pretty much. If they ain't getting the big things right, then they ain't getting the little things right either. Or, let me put it this way: has the US foreign policy establishment had any undeniable success stories in the last 20 years in the ME?

I have no trouble deferring to experts if they are good at what they do. The US foreign policy establishment has been awful for at least 20 years, probably more. They haven't earned any deference.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

20. Like Miekenstien, rocwell, Bendit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    And they all willingly participate in efforts to annihilate each other all the while believing that "salvation" for doing so awaits in the after life!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    And they all willingly participate in efforts to annihilate each other all the while believing that "salvation" for doing so awaits in the after life!!
    I know, right. Honestly, I never understood people who create chaos, kill others and/or themselves for religion. There must be something wrong with their brain cells. I'm religious myself and never felt like assaulting other human being for disrespecting my religious beliefs.
    Last edited by rocwell; Wed Dec 6th, 2017 at 05:10 PM.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    I know, right. Honestly, I never understood people who create chaos, kill others and/or themselves for religion. There must be something wrong with their brain cells. I'm religious myself and never felt like assaulting other human being for disrespecting my religious beliefs.
    If you truly believed that non-believers are either punishable by death, or are destined to a lifetime of torment in the afterlife (due to specific religious scriptures, which are interpreted to be written by God), why would you think twice about killing? Causing mass suffering is simply doing God's work, no?
    Last edited by Nilanka; Thu Dec 7th, 2017 at 08:31 AM.

24. Like Miekenstien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did not notice this little nugget. Normally I would have let it go but it is you, Slaw after all, the chief deflector and purposeful misinterpreter of multiple posts and points of discussion.

I was singularly referring to the major issue of the thread....that of the totally inexplicable reason to make the announcement to declare the official position (with great fanfare) ...to declare that the US recognizes Jerusalem as the capital city of Israel.

This particular announcement was always with held by admins of either party for over 50 years precisely because... if the US were to be considered an "honest broker" in trying to bring the two parties together and both parties believed that city was inviolably their capital it would be a bit asinine to take the position taken by the current ass. I understand both Tillerson and Mattis objected...so there is that too.

Page 373 of 379 FirstFirst ... 273 323 363 371 372 373 374 375 ... LastLast

Thread Information