Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coin Flip Time ====> Who is the Most Under Rated Team in the East ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coin Flip Time ====> Who is the Most Under Rated Team in the East ?

The other side of the coin. Who is the most underrated squad in the East off the ESPN list . Whats your vote and why ? I have omitted the Raps in both Under and Over Rated Polls as they get more than enough discussion here.
    Still if you want to put the raps in the over or under rated sections please do so !

The Hawks
    Being called to finish 3rd but with just 50 Wins. These guys won 60 plus last year. They are methodical and under coach Bud bring the same game night in and night out. Al Horford the premier small ball centre in the conference is in a contract year. Paul Millsap is the pros pro. They have an allstar PG in Teague and don’t fall off that much when Schroeder comes in. Korver is slowing down but still gets himself open and can hit the 3 at a high rate. Tiago Splitter comes in from the Spurs to give the Hawks a serious big and he isn’t going to miss a beat in essentially the same system. A bit thin on the wing and we know why. Still just 50 wins and behind the Bulls in 3rd ?

The Magic
    Is this the year the baby Magicians come of age ? They have a bona fide big man with Ch Nicola Vucovic. They have the recently signed and sought after RFA Tobias Harris who is a bruising and versatile small ball 3 or 4 who is developing an outside shot. They have two solid if not yet spectacular guards in Olidipo and Peyton. They have a raft of high picks in Gordon and the Euro Hezonja. They have a taskmaster coach in Skiles who will demand they play defense not expect they will….. Just 30 wins ?

The Pacers
    Paul George is back ! Unfortunately for him David West, and Roy Hibbert are gone. Monta Ellis will provide scoring and ballhandling and if he remembers what Rick Carlise taught him .. passing . Is it enough ? They added a C to replace Hibbert long term in Myles Davis Turner but he is a 20 year old rookie who will get his arse handed to him by the men. SO that’s why Ian Mahini is there. George Hill will man the point and is average to just below average PG. Is it enough ? Larry Bird never played to finish second.. Can the Pacers make the playoffs ?
    The Hinkies
    Let me be transparent. I am not a fan of Sam Ponzi Hinkie and the “trust the process” mantra which I feel is red lining on the bullshit meter. Yet they have a determined coach , a raw rook at centre who will be force fed the ball down low to see what he has and by all accounts he has ability, they have an ascendant big in Noel and a good news story in SF Covington who is fearless in jacking up 3 ball shots. They have a bunch of guys named Moe after that . Are they better than 15th in a 15 team race ?

The Pistons
    Can Andre Drummond find an offensive game beyond his arms length of the rim ? Can Jodie Meeks find that 3 ball magic he had with the Lakers that got him his deal. Is Kentavious Caldwell-Pope going to take a step up ? Man do they have a lot of guards … Pope / Jennings / Jackson / Blake / Dinwidde/ Bullock. They also have something they haven’t had in a while which is a couple of veteran’s in PF Illaysova and the Aussie Aaron Baynes to steady the room. Stanley Johnson is going to be good someday just not this year… Do the Pistions have enough to be better than 11 and 35 Wins ?

The Hornets
    Another curious year in the Carolina’s. The dumped Noah Vonleh after 1 year . They just walked away from Biyombo after 3. They drafted a clone of Cody Zeller in Frank Kaminsky. Micheal Kidd Gilchrist remains a good to great defender but with manos de piedra on offense. Kemba Walker was a great college guard but hasn’t really made his mark in the pro’s. Add one Nic Batum at SF to help. Is he enough to tack on a meagre 5 wins from current projections to take the Hornets to make the playoffs ?
    The Magic
    33.33%
    The Pistons
    14.29%
    The Sixers
    0.00%
    The Pacers
    19.05%
    The Hawks
    14.29%
    The Nets
    0.00%
    The Hornets
    19.05%
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Aug 23, 2015, 03:28 PM. Reason: Added Pistons and Hornets commentary.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Celtics added Lee and Amir to add some low post scoring and defence to a team that already reached the playoffs. Will probably get to the players again

Piston have everyone healthy and won't have the distraction of Monroe. Before the injuries they were really good

Comment

Magic are really fun to watch honestly. Also I would have to say celtics. I dont think the pistons will be good.

Comment

Pacers.

Why? Paul George.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Pistons, for sure
          #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

I'd say the Celtics. They have young, developing players that will only get better, and they improved their big man rotation. They also get to have a full season of Isaiah Thomas.

Comment

Sam17 wrote: View Post
              I'd say the Celtics. They have young, developing players that will only get better, and they improved their big man rotation. They also get to have a full season of Isaiah Thomas.
              I dont' consider the celtics because everyone expects them to be decently good.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                Pacers.

Why? Paul George.
                They are truly a crapshoot. They could be good if paul george is ready to ball this year. That being said it may take him a while to come back 100% and what position is he going to play. There is talk about him playing the 4.... I think he's to skinny to play the 4. Then again we are talking about playing Demarre Carroll at the 4 ....soo... who knows

Comment

Indiana's fate relies on Miles Turner and an MVP calibre season from PG13

Comment

Yeesh, I hate doing this, but the Raptors. I think this team has high-forties wins and a top 4 seed in them. 6th would be a big let down, and would probably mean no lessons were learned from last year.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

pistons, i think the three balls around drummond are going to kill it this year. svg is good

Comment

Gave my vote to Charlotte.
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

That list seems to undersell both Toronto and Atlanta. The Raptors are a 50+ win team aren't they? They better be.

Orlando, Detroit and Indiana may very well be better but there's a lot of question marks surrounding those teams, so I don't think it's unreasonable to put them where they are.

Comment

I voted Hornets. Questionable moves or not, they look ready to compete at a pretty high level.

Comment

I would bet on the Magic if not for Hezonja being the cockiest player in the NBA next season.

Comment

Working...
                              X