Everything Anthony Bennett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLF wrote: View Post
    Did they say when they think it will be made official? I have no problems with this signing for minimum.
    It's not official of how much he's signing for, if he signs with Toronto, however it's likely he signs for the minimum (for 1 year) here because the Raps are over the cap and signing for the minimum wouldn't hurt them cap-wise, as well as, Masai being at the helm of this operation and using his expert negotiating skills in acquiring discarded players by having them sign for less than what they're worth (e.g. Biyombo's deal).
    Last edited by BS10; Fri Sep 25, 2015, 09:59 PM.
    #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• 7 PER as a rook.
      11.5 PER as a soph.
      What's next?

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
        Did they say when they think it will be made official? I have no problems with this signing for minimum.
        some say it's gonna be early next week.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Also, what about this buy-out - did him and his agent give up some money to get Flip to fire him with a huge severance? Will we ever know the answer to that?

Comment

• Corey Joseph ain't the only Canadian putting on that black and red this year.
            #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
              Corey Joseph ain't the only Canadian putting on that black and red this year.
              Yeah, pretty cool if you ask me. Even Bennett playing some games for the 905 has the potential to present some special moments.

Comment

• I am very confident that with ab at home and playing with some smart guys, and a solid team that he will really come out of his shell so to speak.

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
                  It's not official of how much he's signing for, if he signs with Toronto, however it's likely he signs for the minimum (for 1 year) here because the Raps are over the cap and signing for the minimum wouldn't hurt them cap-wise, as well as, Masai being at the helm of this operation and using his expert negotiating skills in acquiring discarded players by having them sign for less than what they're worth (e.g. Biyombo's deal).
                  It's not a matter of "doesn't hurt them cap wise" - they literally can only offer him either a one year or two year deal at the minimum salary. They have nothing else to offer.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                    so

we now have

Patterson, Scola, Bennet as true PFs and DeMarre and James Johnson as small ball 4s...

Things are about to get interesting up in here
                    You know what would be less interesting and more, I don't know, logical?

Patterson, Scola, Bennett as true PFs and DeMarre and James Johnson as true SF's.

Not to mention JV and Biyombo as true C's, DD and Ross as true SG's, and Lowry and CoJo as true PG's.

Wouldn't that be nice? The offseason is the time to dream...
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      You know what would be less interesting and more, I don't know, logical?

Patterson, Scola, Bennett as true PFs and DeMarre and James Johnson as true SF's.

Not to mention JV and Biyombo as true C's, DD and Ross as true SG's, and Lowry and CoJo as true PG's.

Wouldn't that be nice? The offseason is the time to dream...
                      It really is lining up that way though. We might see a little Scola at the 5, a little Cory at the 2, but otherwise I actually think we're safe.

Thanks Masai.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        It's not a matter of "doesn't hurt them cap wise" - they literally can only offer him either a one year or two year deal at the minimum salary. They have nothing else to offer.
                        I stand corrected, thanks. Yea, they can only give out minimum deals.
                        #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• A 1 year deal with either a team option or unguaranteed next year would be perfect.
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                            A 1 year deal with either a team option or unguaranteed next year would be perfect.
                            I thought it was (all but) confirmed to be one year?

Comment

• It would make no sense for Bennett to sign for two years - even if it was guaranteed and not a team option that would be a coup for Masai on the off chance he improves this year. Bennett took the buyout to go sign a one year deal to prove himself and try to get a bigger deal in 2016. Masai getting two years locked in would be as surprising as getting JV to sign a sub-Kanter extension or trading Vasquez or Bargnani for multiple picks.

So, yeah, it'll probably happen.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                                It really is lining up that way though. We might see a little Scola at the 5, a little Cory at the 2, but otherwise I actually think we're safe.

Thanks Masai.
                                You are seriously underestimating (overestimating?) the one and only Dwane Casey.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X