No announcement yet.

Everything Anthony Bennett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a strong chance that Minnesota declines their option or declines to tender a qualifying offer making AB a free agent a year from now.
    To me, this could be similar to biyombo's situation. Therefore I wouldn't trade anything for him now...just wait it out.

I've even read speculation he might get released. They have 16 guaranteed contracts and he's definitely playing behind KG, dieng, pekovic, towns. Some would suggest Payne and rudez and bjelica are better than him too.

Again, would not give up anything for him right now. Might be available at the minimum very soon.

Comment

It should be noted that this is Bennett's final guaranteed year. The Wolves (or whoever has Bennett's contract around September) have to decide if they want to extend him or not, and it's a terrible decision to have to make because from a CBA perspective it's a huge gamble either way.

If they extend him and he flops, you're paying reasonably large dollars (7.3 in 2016-17, 9.5 in 2017-18) for very little return. Even with the forthcoming cap rise, that's a decent chunk of cap space on a non-player. Of course, if Bennett justifies the money, it's a win. But that's an if.

If they don't extend him, Bennett either flops again ("win"), or shows that he's a quality NBA player. If he does the latter, though, the team that owned his contract is screwed, because Bennett then becomes an unrestricted free agent with one exception: the team that didn't extend him can only offer him a contract equal to what he would have made had they extended him. In short, not extending Bennett means you're cutting yourself out of the market if he exceeds his value.

You can only really trade for Bennett if you're willing to extend him (or if it's a salary-dump trade, but that won't happen right away anyway). Otherwise you're throwing assets away for an asset that either will have no value or will appreciate in value but you won't be able to access it.

Comment

This shit again

Some of you guys want to trade JJ and a 1st for him?

Absolute madness!

This team needs all the cap space it can get and giving it to a scrub would be horrible
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
          Whoa, whoa, whoa! He has the build/size of LJ, but he is a long way from having the game. He's closer to Anthony Mason than LJ or Sir Charles. I would pass until he shows he belongs in this league.
          Thats who I was exactly thinking of. He's definitely an Anthony mason type of player. Good comparison.

I don't see him panning out to be anything special anytime soon so at the moment I wouldn't want him on our team. Plus, his rookie contract is too expensive for us to absorb. We don't have money to throw away like that.

If he does become a good solid player its much much later in his career so i believe its better to wait until he shows real value. Right now, he's too much of a gamble.

To me, he has to prove what he's worth against good teams and staying healthy for a season or two consistently.
          Last edited by BS10; Mon Aug 24, 2015, 12:19 PM.
          #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

To be clear, I don't care if Bennett is Canadian when it comes from the Raps. Minnesota is poor at developing players. If you believe in Bennett's potential you need to develop him yourself.

As far as the Bargs comparisons. Bargs was coddled. I don't care that he was drafted 1st, but they bid against themselves and gave him that ridiculous contract after it was clear that he wasn't going to develop. With Bennett, if he doesn't develop you simply drop him.

The reality is, Bruno is taking up a roster space that could be used on a prospect that could play in an emergency situation. Bennett offers more potential as a prospect,he can play 10 minutes in a pinch, its a position of need, and he is available.

To me it's straight forward

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
              To be clear, I don't care if Bennett is Canadian when it comes from the Raps. Minnesota is poor at developing players. If you believe in Bennett's potential you need to develop him yourself.

As far as the Bargs comparisons. Bargs was coddled. I don't care that he was drafted 1st, but they bid against themselves and gave him that ridiculous contract after it was clear that he wasn't going to develop. With Bennett, if he doesn't develop you simply drop him.

The reality is, Bruno is taking up a roster space that could be used on a prospect that could play in an emergency situation. Bennett offers more potential as a prospect,he can play 10 minutes in a pinch, its a position of need, and he is available.

Bruno? You want to trade Bruno?? What the F@#$!!!!!?

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post

So your wanna pick up his option?

Regardless of how people feel. He's gonna take up to much space for us. We need the capspace more than trying to develop him

Comment

And trying to get rid of Bruno? You've lost your mind

Comment

I like the idea of having him on your team, think he has potential to be a solid contributor in this league with some good versatility.

I don't like that he has the contract he does, and i dont like the timing for the raps. We aren't in a position where this makes sense for us. Picking him up would indicate a step backwards with our momentum and everything Masai has done is trying to carry that forward.

I'll pass

Comment

If he wasn't from Toronto we wouldn't be interested, so no.

Maybe if we strike out entirely in FA next year and Minny is dealing him with sweeteners I'd take a shot.

Comment

Why do people keep bringing up the fact hat he is Canadian as the only reason we want him? We have 35 pages on Markieff Morris, a suspect character who is a poor rebounder and average defender and is 4 years older than Bennett, what is his upside?
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                          Why do people keep bringing up the fact hat he is Canadian as the only reason we want him? We have 35 pages on Markieff Morris, a suspect character who is a poor rebounder and average defender and is 4 years older than Bennett, what is his upside?
                          For the record, I don't want either!

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            For the record, I don't want either!
                            I don't want either as well, but I would not be unhappy or think that our future is ruined if we made a move for Bennett.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Morris, at the very least, has shown he can produce on the court

Comment

Markieff is much much much better than Bennett. That's why there's 35 pages on him

Comment

Working...
                                X