No announcement yet.

Everything Anthony Bennett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He IS a talent, just NOT the #1 overall talent.
    I think he can play, he just to find his niche and redefine his role; he'll be fine.
    I'll take a chance on him, especially on the cheap.

ball4life wrote: View Post
    I watched the whole Canada Vs Brazil game today and I must admit Anthony Bennett looks a lot different. I don't think he is a lost cause.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      JJ + Bebe + 2016 1st round pick(Raps).

That's what I would offer.
      I don't like the idea of giving up BEBE. and one of our better defenders AND our pick. I always thought we would package our two picks this year and move up in the draft to top 4

Comment

Honestly I see Bennett playing like Amare Staudemire in the future

Comment

distorsun wrote: View Post
          He IS a talent, just NOT the #1 overall talent.
          I think he can play, he just to find his niche and redefine his role; he'll be fine.
          I'll take a chance on him, especially on the cheap.
          He works well with Joseph, that comfort level and his improved conditioning and health could be a decent fit.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
            I don't like the idea of giving up BEBE. and one of our better defenders AND our pick. I always thought we would package our two picks this year and move up in the draft to top 4
            Our own pick will be around 20 again, not super high value, the pick owed to u will fall in the top 7-10 range for sure. I don't have a problem giving up our pick and 1 player to give Bennett a chance, more than that and I would be concerned.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
              Our own pick will be around 20 again, not super high value, the pick owed to u will fall in the top 7-10 range for sure. I don't have a problem giving up our pick and 1 player to give Bennett a chance, more than that and I would be concerned.
              If Minnesota is unlikely to extend him, why give up the assets? Keep all current players/assets, use/trade the #20ish pick, then sign Bennett as a free agent in the offseason, if there's mutual interest.

In addition to not having to sacrifice the assets (at least 1 player and 1 pick, in your scenario), there's a chance that you could sign him for less money than his current QO, which would be a win-win.

Comment

What I'm worried about is him putting it all together. Raising his value and start asking for the money TT is asking for.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

T-wolves are deeeeeep at PF and Bennett's owed a lot of money. i wonder if Minnesota keeps him solely to keep Wiggins happy (i have no idea if they're close) but if they're willing to flip him for say Ross and JJ i'd do it. it really seems he's rediscovered his joy for basketball this summer.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Quick question for for everyone. Would you rather sign Ross to an extension or pick up AB's team option for next year worth 7.3m.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Quick question for for everyone. Would you rather sign Ross to an extension or pick up AB's team option for next year worth 7.3m.
                      Neither!

Bennett will come much cheaper when he hits free agency, likely next summer.

Comment

What I'm worried about is him putting it all together. Raising his value and start asking for the money TT is asking for.
                        TT's value was boosted by being on a good team, and having a playoff run where he basically got 40+ minutes most nights.

Bennett is playing for a bad team with lots of youth, where minutes will be hard to come by and he has no real set position or role.

Very different situations. Trading for Bennett now is buying high. He had a good pan am and his value is higher than it's been since he was drafted (because he's been a complete bust since in the NBA).

He's not worth giving up any assets for now. In all likelihood his value will decrease again once the NBA season starts and he can't get minutes with all the bigs/wings ahead of him in Minny's lineup. They have to play Pek to showcase him if he's healthy. Towns is going to get minutes. Payne and Dieng probably will too and are more natural PFs. Garnett may need a few here and there too. Big minutes will be hard to come by at PF. And at the wing Wiggins will eat up 35-40 mpg. Martin needs minutes for the same reason as Pek since they'll probably try to trade him as well (is expiring so more moveable too than Pek). Muhammad and LaVine will need some wing minutes too. Even Rudez may earn minutes over him with better shooting as a role player.

Comment

He's the kind of guy id like us to take a chance on by slotting him into the starting lineup. Play in a winning environment, 5th option on the floor, focus on defence and give him a chance to get comfortable and grow into the nba.
                          A lot of these young guys who come out early need a good veteran cast around them to develop properly or they just get bad habits and struggle to find their own way to get it done.

Comment

He might be available at the minimum in a month. Minnesota has 16 guaranteed contracts and AB is on the bubble. No way do you trade a 1st Round pick for him.

Comment

draps wrote: View Post
                              He's the kind of guy id like us to take a chance on by slotting him into the starting lineup. Play in a winning environment, 5th option on the floor, focus on defence and give him a chance to get comfortable and grow into the nba.
                              A lot of these young guys who come out early need a good veteran cast around them to develop properly or they just get bad habits and struggle to find their own way to get it done.
                              This isn't even close to a veteran team. The Raptors are like the 5th youngest team in he league.
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                                This isn't even close to a veteran team. The Raptors are like the 5th youngest team in he league.
                                We have young vets. Our players are young but, they've been in the league for a good amount. Well at least the ones that play.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X