No announcement yet.

Everything Anthony Bennett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So it was basically Kevin Love for Wiggins, and Anthony Bennett is "tits on a bull" to Cleveland. Then Minnesota bends over and lets Anthony Bennett go like if he was nothing. If there is a "one-man-vs.-the-world" complex being made in a man, then this is the best time it should from in Anthony Bennett if he joins the Raps like a Training Camp invite. A luck make up from the BBALL GODS for passing up Hassan Whiteside?

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
      Bennett needs to play, if he's not in the D-League when is he gonna play??????

He's certainly not gonna get any sort of meaningful mins on the Raptors
      I understand that, what I mean is with Bruno, Bebe, Wright & Powell signed to NBA contracts and only 4 players at a time can be in the D-league, they'll probably have some kind of rotation between the 5 of them going back & forth between the raps & fivers but all 5 cannot develop in the D-league at the same time, Bennett is the likeliest of the 5 to spend most of his time with the raps rather than in the D-league.

Comment

• RepTdot wrote: View Post
        D-league rules are a max of 4 nba roster at a time only....doubt Bennett spends any time in the D League
        I would imagine with it being so close all 5 of Wright, Powell, Bruno, Bennett, and Bebe will be seeing time in the DLeague at times.

I would expect Bruno to be the only constant.

Comment

• While I get the no risk aspect of this (potential) signing, is there that high of a reward to be had here? Even if it turns out he can be a bench player is he going to supplant Scola, PP, or JJ? Aren't we looking for minutes for Bruno this year too?

And how good is it for his morale to be have the pressure of playing for his home team and have fans cheering him like he's the player with some disability that gets to play the last minute of the game as a token so fans can cheer him for being on the floor? I feel like Bruno's scowl gets bigger and bigger every time fans start chanting "Bruno" when he hits the floor. Its almost patronizing.

Comment

• Bruno is probably still a year away from any minutes with the big boys, I see him being fixed as the face of the 905. as much as I love JJ (I think he should be starting PF) he's in Casey's bad books, on an expiring contract and unlikely to be re-signed. Scola is on a 36yr old vet on a 1 yr deal...both JJ & Scola are prime mid-season trade candidates to me. If Bennett shows some some form of improved game and role on the court, with the long term value he represents, wouldn't be surprised to see JJ & Scola moved to open up minutes.

Comment

• I think you see bennet excel here honestly.

If he signs he stays on the team, he wont be in the dleague, he is better than Bebe. so he will be 4th or 5th big.

Him and Cujo off the bench will work well together due to familiarity

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                Popanikalosushskwbsjakrnnrj was just waived. He's someone I'd rather have the raptors go after.

Just imagine the interview between George Snuffaluffagus and Popaniklishdhsjahdhsjshsbsjsksbdbdjwuehrbioeuwjjaa bsv
                How many points does Papa Nick Allow? Enough to Kost Us a game.

Kostas Papanikolaou

Easy to remember!

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                  What is he implying with this? I don't get it.
                  That he was right and we were wrong.
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• so

we now have

Patterson, Scola, Bennet as true PFs and DeMarre and James Johnson as small ball 4s...

Things are about to get interesting up in here
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      That he was right and we were wrong.
                      We all weren't wrong.... at least not on last season.

Been wrong on a few other things though - lol

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                        so

we now have

Patterson, Scola, Bennet as true PFs and DeMarre and James Johnson as small ball 4s...

Things are about to get interesting up in here
                        It's hilarious how JJ is considered a small ball 4 when he's the biggest and tallest 1 out of Scola, Pat, Bennet, DeMarre
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                          so

we now have

Things are about to get MORE FRUSTRATING up in here

Fixed that for you.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            My understanding, could be wrong:

Bennett is going in to year 3.

His rookie deal is for this upcoming season and next season.

His buyout with Minny only comes in to effect IF no team claims him off waivers.

If his contract is picked up, he stays on current deal.

Deadline to guarantee 4th year is October 31st, I believe.

Team that picks him off waivers will have choice to guarantee fourth year.

Philly is currently just under the floor. Next year they have just $12M guaranteed and about $33M guaranteed. The cap will be pushing $90M next season. They must pay 90% of it to reach the floor. That is why I said money is not an issue.

Bottom line is Phhilly have to spend money - why not give it to Bennett? If he becomes something? Great. If not, they can buy him out again or let him sit on the bench until contract is up.
                            They don't actually have to pay that 90% figure, they just have to have that on the books by the end of the year.

So even if they trade for a player mid season, and don't have to pay his full salary (because obviously the other team will have paid some of it already) they can still write off the entire salary as counting towards reaching the floor
                            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                              They don't actually have to pay that 90% figure, they just have to have that on the books by the end of the year.

So even if they trade for a player mid season, and don't have to pay his full salary (because obviously the other team will have paid some of it already) they can still write off the entire salary as counting towards reaching the floor
                              You're splitting millions here.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                                It's hilarious how JJ is considered a small ball 4 when he's the biggest and tallest 1 out of Scola, Pat, Bennet, DeMarre
                                I don't know about hilarious...I find it...unfortunate
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X