Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Ryan Anderson be an upgrade at the 4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes barring injury.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      Best thing about Ryan Anderson is that he's an expiring.. so if you traded him for Patterson, you'd save about $6M in cap space for next summer.. that would allow us to go after KD or Horford if Biyombo keeps his player option.

But I also assume 2Pat could be moved for cap relief like GV was. Therefore there is no need to make this move now. I'd rather go into the season with 2Pat than Anderson since 2Pat has chemistry with the team already.
      Good point, Masai did turn GV into a 1st, 2nd, and cap space. Imagine what he could do with Patterson.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
        And then what? You get anderson for a month and start searching for a slight upgrade on him? For the 99th time this offseason ill say it: we're not contending this season anyways. Roll with 2pat/scola/JJ until the FINAL power forward answer presents itself. This idea of constant reshuffling and slight upticks is no way to build a team or handle grown professional athletes
        I won't concede the "not a contender" part of this yet. But I think the "not reshuffling" the roster argument is meaningful. And so the impending free-agency of Anderson is a big risk. Unless he shows "elite" ability ... what's the point? If there was only a guy available who was under control - and cheap - who might be a considerable up-grade on Patrick.

Ahhh, but the free-agency period is really over. We've got no chance, now, of landing anyone remotely like that.

Comment

Sure, if healthy.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            Best thing about Ryan Anderson is that he's an expiring.. so if you traded him for Patterson, you'd save about $6M in cap space for next summer.. that would allow us to go after KD or Horford if Biyombo keeps his player option.

But I also assume 2Pat could be moved for cap relief like GV was. Therefore there is no need to make this move now. I'd rather go into the season with 2Pat than Anderson since 2Pat has chemistry with the team already.
            2Pat right now has ads more value at 6M/year than what you'd likely get out of Free Agency. The only scenario it makes sense is if we have an ALL-NBA player committed to coming here and we're just clearing space.
            When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

Working...
            X