This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    We're not doing this like the NBA dynasty; no cap just like the NFL dynasty. I'm running three other leagues here and I am now a commish again on the NBA Keeper and so I don't have the time to maintain something big.
    Does that mean we simply keep EVERYONE that is on our roster at season's end?

Comment

We're not doing this like the NBA dynasty; no cap just like the NFL dynasty. I'm running three other leagues here and I am now a commish again on the NBA Keeper and so I don't have the time to maintain something big.
      we aren't going to redraft every year are we?

Comment

You keep at least 16. No cap. No limit on how many years. Redraft the rest. Similar to NFL Dynasty which has been a big hit.

Comment

I'm definitely in! Sunday the 27th is my preferred draft day
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

The original date was Sunday, September 27th for the draft. As of now the draft is still confirmed for this date. I want to help Axel out and so here is the plan:

Here are the other option:
            • Saturday, September 19th
            • Sunday, September 20th
            • Saturday, September 26th

Out of the 19th, 20th and 26th indicate which days you all absolutely cannot do. If all dates will not work for someone then we will not move the draft time but if we can get a consensus date through process of elimination then I will reschedule. I will confirm the draft date on Friday, September 4th.

The key goal here is to try to find a new date that everyone can find a way to attend. The goal is not to find a date that is most convenient for all because in my seven years of running these things here that is an impossible goal.
            Dates are fine

The later the better for me

Comment

More rules explained:

As per the updated OP, there are a few new rules added to give this league more strategy and to differentiate it from the other leagues:

Max FA transactions is 52 for the season. I considered a weekly cap but that puts someone in a very difficult position if they're hammered by injuries. With the 52 season limit it works out to two moves per week. You must balance acquisitions vs. giving your team enough room to add players in the crunch time in the event of injuries.

Max Trades is seven for the season. Roughly one per month of the regular season. No one will hit this cap.

Keeper cost is a draft pick from the round you originally drafted the player. This inspires people to find prospects later in the draft and hold on to them. All FA signings will cost your highest available draft choice if you wish to keep them. Remember, dynasty is about building through the draft and being forced to make difficult FA decisions.

Couple more points. If you have a keeper, then you drop the keeper and later sign them again they're considered a FA they lose their keeper status on your team.

If you trade for player they're treated like drafted players and they'll cost you the original draft round or the closest higher available draft slot.

So essentially the "salary cap" currency is draft picks. Replace your keepers with FA's and it will cost you. Make trades and it may cost you.

I will be removing the keeper minimum rule because I don't think it will be needed in this format after all; good managers will want to keep as many as possible. If this turns out to be wrong we will implement the minimum limit in off-season #2.

After the draft I will make an original roster spreadsheet for the draft next summer. Thoughts? Does this work for everyone?

In other news we have enough for a eight team league now and so we'll only be accepting new teams in pairs from here on out. In other words if someone else is interested they'll have to hope for a second person to stand up. The reason for this is that we can't run a league with an odd number of teams.

Everyone, please send me a PM with your email or else I will send the invite to the one you registered here with. I will send invites tonight and the registration deadline will be Monday of next week.
              Last edited by Apollo; Mon Aug 31, 2015, 09:35 AM. Reason: .

Comment

As per the updated OP, there are a few new rules added to give this league more strategy and to differentiate it from the other leagues:

Max FA transactions is 52 for the season. I considered a weekly cap but that puts someone in a very difficult position if they're hammered by injuries. With the 52 season limit it works out to two moves per week. You must balance acquisitions vs. giving your team enough room to add players in the crunch time in the event of injuries.

Max Trades is seven for the season. Roughly one per month of the regular season. No one will hit this cap.

Keeper cost is a draft pick from the round you originally drafted the player. This inspires people to find prospects later in the draft and hold on to them. All FA signings will cost your highest available draft choice if you wish to keep them. Remember, dynasty is about building through the draft and being forced to make difficult FA decisions.

Couple more points. If you have a keeper, then you drop the keeper and later sign them again they're considered a FA they lose their keeper status on your team.

If you trade for player they're treated like drafted players and they'll cost you the original draft round or the closest higher available draft slot.

So essentially the "salary cap" currency is draft picks. Replace your keepers with FA's and it will cost you. Make trades and it may cost you.

I will be removing the keeper minimum rule because I don't think it will be needed in this format after all; good managers will want to keep as many as possible. If this turns out to be wrong we will implement the minimum limit in off-season #2.

After the draft I will make an original roster spreadsheet for the draft next summer. Thoughts? Does this work for everyone?

In other news we have enough for a eight team league now and so we'll only be accepting new teams in pairs from here on out. In other words if someone else is interested they'll have to hope for a second person to stand up. The reason for this is that we can't run a league with an odd number of teams.

Everyone, please send me a PM with your email or else I will send the invite to the one you registered here with. I will send invites tonight and the registration deadline will be Monday of next week.
                If the keeper cost is a draft pick from the round you originally drafted the player, how do we determine keeper cost going into you the 2nd year of the league, since players won't be drafted in 'rounds' but for dollars?

Comment

Good question.

Each player on your rosters will be sorted from highest cost to lowest cost, tie breakers determined by who you acquired in the draft first. This order will determine what corresponding round each player is associated with. Sound good?

If this doesn't fly then we could opt for a draft lotto ordering and then draft in a live snaking format.

We have time so everyone please give me your thoughts.

Comment

Good question.

Each player on your rosters will be sorted from highest cost to lowest cost, tie breakers determined by who you acquired in the draft first. This order will determine what corresponding round each player is associated with. Sound good?

If this doesn't fly then we could opt for a draft lotto ordering and then draft in a live snaking format.

We have time so everyone please give me your thoughts.
                    That should work fine. But just to make sure I completely understand, the player who cost me the most in the auction draft will be the equivalent of a first round pick? And so therefore if i decide to NOT keep the player who i paid the most for in the 2015 auction, I would have a 1st round pick in the 2016 draft?

Comment

Yes, correct.

I will create a season one thread this week with a detailed original post covering all these details so everyone is clear before the season starts.

The draft should be really interesting next year when people possibly consider dumping a high profile guy in order to generate a high draft choice that lands them a young stud. I could see this sort of scenario playing out in fashion where you take a gamble and drop a guy, use the pick on someone else and then try to land the guy you dropped in a lower round. Lots of possibilities.

Comment

Invites sent.

Comment

One place for you to peek at when prepping for the draft: http://www.nhl.com/ice/newsindex.htm...ion=%2Ffantasy

Comment

I just wanted to apologize to all of the participants of the new NHL dynasty league in advance for kicking everyones ass at it.

Sorry.

Better luck next year.

Comment

As per Axel's request and no one really opposing, the draft day has been switched to Sunday, September 20th. We're rolling with eight teams.

Comment

As per Axel's request and no one really opposing, the draft day has been switched to Sunday, September 20th. We're rolling with eight teams.
                                Nice. Now watch him arrive early lol
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X