Legacy league match#16 - VOTE for the winner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legacy league match#16 - VOTE for the winner

The legacy league was created to pit teams drafted by fellow RR members against each other and allow the general RR populous to vote on who would win this winner take all, single elimination game if all players were at their peak performance.

Each team drafted an 8 man roster. Each team provided a gameplan justification as to why they believe they should get your vote. Each team is allowed 1 post for "in game adjustments." The role of RR community is simple, vote for who you believe should win. Post justification if you want (encouraged) and weigh the pros and cons for all to see, but ultimately, your vote decides who will win this tournament of legends.

Miekenstein's Lineup

Stephen Curry - current MVP, NBA record for 3 pointers made in a season
    Michael Finley - 2x All-Star
    Detlef Schrempf - 2x 6th man of the year, 3x All-Star
    Magic Johnson - 3x MVP, 3x Finals MVP, 9x All-NBA 1st team
    Bob McAdoo - '75 MVP, All-NBA 1st team

Bench - Alonzo Mourning - 2x Defensive Player of the Year, 2x All-Defensive 1st team
    Bench - Joakim Noah - 2014 Defensive Player of the Year, 2x All-Defensive 1st team
    Bench - Jeff Hornacek - 2x NBA 3-Point Shootout Champion, NBA All-Star

Mr. Z Lineup

PG - Nate "Tiny" Archibald - 3x All-NBA 1st team, '73 scoring and assists leader
    SG - Vince Carter - 8x All-Star, All-NBA 2nd team (2001), All-NBA 3rd team (2000)
    SF - "Dr. J" Julius Erving - 4x NBA/ABA MVP, 16x NBA/ABA All-Star
    PF - Chris Webber - All-NBA 1st team, 3x All-NBA 2nd team
    C - Shaq - 8x All-NBA 1st team, 3x Finals MVP
    Bench - Nate Thurmond - 2x All-Defensive 1st team, 3x All-Defensive 2nd team
    Bench - Mitch Richmond - 3x All-NBA 2nd team, 2x All-NBA 3rd team
    Bench - Draymond Green - current All-Defensive 1st team, NBA champ

Miekenstein's Gameplan

Zeds team has an aversion to defense and we are going to exploit that with balls out offense. starting line-up curry, finley, shrempf, magic, mcAdoo. Every single player a ball handler/shooter/driver. Mostly running showtime with magic attacking webber like crazy, watching for the two 40% 3 point shooters and the 50% shooter or the lead the league in fg% jump shooting mcAdoo when help comes, again all players except mourning have averaged 4 assists a game, so passing against the wretched defense until the shot we want comes open is not a problem. when we have to go small magic can play the 5, like he did in the nba finals as a rookie. When forced in the half-court shrempf sets up in the post and scores, i implore you to check his video below. he would be the darling of the nba right now.

defense i am going to try and play the whistles to sub in mourning and noah as much as possible to foul shaq anytime we are in the penalty, if possible we will do this for their offensive sets as we can. when we get stuck with one of them on the offensive end, the offense will play the same just without mcAdoo.

Mr. Z's Gameplan

EDIT - NONE SUBMITTED, SO ACCEPT THIS IMAGE IN ITS PLACE UNTIL ONE GETS SUBMITTED

In Game Adjustments - Coming Soon!

So RR faithful, who wins this game?
    Miekenstein's legends
    45.45%
    Mr.Z's legends
    54.55%

The poll is expired.

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

I want to vote against Mr Z for 2 reasons....

No Gameplan

And for stealing VC from me.

Comment

I'll let this one play out and see what / if adjustments are made and if Mr.Z has a gameplan. But Miek has the most fun lineup in this whole draft. Where can I buy season tickets?

I think Shaq will be nasty here against McAdoo, but regardless, love this very original team!

Comment

I gotta go with Z here because Shaq.

Comment

Z's frontcourt is so good, he really doesn't have to say anything. I don't see anyway how Miekenstein's team can handle Shaq in the post. McAdoo is too small to guard Shaq.

Miekenstein does have some of my favourite players though (Curry/Magic/Zo). And his team would be really interesting to watch because of the playmakers + great shooters all around. I just don't think he matches up well with Z's team, even with the showtime offence, in this one.
          #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

adjustments

i bring in noah and zo for the intent and purposes of injuring shaqs knees. attack after attack after attack.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              adjustments

i bring in noah and zo for the intent and purposes of injuring shaqs knees. attack after attack after attack.
              Best In-Game Adjustments applied so far in this league. If I could change my vote, I'd do it now!

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                Best In-Game Adjustments applied so far in this league. If I could change my vote, I'd do it now!
                We can note it and change it in the final tally. IF that is what you want.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                  We can note it and change it in the final tally. IF that is what you want.
                  haha no, just joking. My initial vote stands, but I did like that plan!

Comment

I love the adjustment.. but gonna have to go with Z on this one despite not having a game plan.

Comment

Miek gets my vote simply because he had a gameplan. Can't vote for Z with a good conscience.

Comment

I don't need a game-plan, my team is just far more superior.
                        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Also, Mieks a coward for sending his goons after Shaq's knees. They will both be ejected and I will win.
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Sorry I missed this one guys. I was on vacation most of last week with limited connectivity.

Congrats to Mr.Z and good luck to you both.

Comment

Working...
                            X