Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can (will) we bring back De Colo this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    There's no good reason to think this. Hasn't he been starting for one of the best organizations in Eurolean basketball?

http://www.euroleague.net/features/i...lo-cska-moscow
    But he's never been a bench PG in the NBA ever either.

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
      I don't think of him as PG, more of just a guard who is decent at initiating an offence. We have 2 rookies in the backcourt and Ross is who is not a reliable ball handler. Joseph, Lowry and Demar are solid! After that we have more questions than answers.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
        He got some minutes with the Spurs and got some minutes with us. Now he's taking an NBA-hiatus to get to the next level, and encouraged to do so by Masai (presumably). I guess he's a little older than I thought, having just turned 28, but he seems to have lots of good ball ahead of him, in the NBA or otherwise.

Comment

I'd imagine that Nando would be part of the conversation if we whiff on KD and Horford in free agency. Maybe Masai looks to trade Lowry, in the offseason and keeps DeMar, JJ, Ross, et al. Or maybe we trade for Horford mid-season, maybe opening up a spot at SG with DeMar being shipped out or something.

Either way, 1st team Eurobasket and 2nd team all-Euroleague last season with Moscow is nothing to sneeze at. There's a reason Masai has been maintaining those QOs. The question is whether he gets sacrificed next summer, when I believe his contract in Russia is up.

Comment

In general, guys who the Spurs trade away... Not a great sign right there.

That's part of why I was excited to grab Joseph this summer - Spurs, for the first time in a while, were forced into losing some pieces they didn't want to lose.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

That's part of why I was excited to grab Joseph this summer - Spurs, for the first time in a while, were forced into losing some pieces they didn't want to lose.
              They had depth at the position and were just being prudent financially. I don't see that as an indictment in the least.

Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Wed Sep 23, 2015, 11:33 PM.

Comment

How were they being practical financially? He was a free agent at the end of the year.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

How were they being practical financially? He was a free agent at the end of the year.
                  Because with his position full, they had no intention of signing him.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                    Because with his position full, they had no intention of signing him.
                    So trading an expiring contract for Austin Daye was financially prudent... how?
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

So trading an expiring contract for Austin Daye was financially prudent... how?
                      Ha, was trying to remember who we traded for him. Did Daye's contract run for another year?

Either way, it looks more like they were trying to give him a chance to find an NBA home, while adding some just-in-case shooting in the frontcourt.

Comment

The important thing is he's a lot better than Austin Daye. We won that trade. Nando has a shot at being a decent NBA rotation player. Austin Daye probably won't make an NBA roster this year.

Comment

De Colo asked to be traded because he wanted to play and not be stuck behind three PG's

Comment

Can (will) we bring back De Colo this year?

Primer wrote: View Post
                            The important thing is he's a lot better than Austin Daye. We won that trade. Nando has a shot at being a decent NBA rotation player. Austin Daye probably won't make an NBA roster this year.
                            Signed by Cavs lol. Probably only partial guarantee though
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                              De Colo asked to be traded because he wanted to play and not be stuck behind three PG's
                              I remember'd that.

http://fansided.com/2014/03/01/nba-r...antonio-spurs/

The Spurs are also not in the habit of keeping someone who is not totally bought in.

Comment

Why would we. He's not good enough to play in the NBA.

Comment

Working...
                                X