No announcement yet.

Has Casey finally learned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Biz does have the ability to catch and finish, he's just failed spectacularly so far. Some of that might be us not being the best passing team in the world.

Comment

• why does this team's O and D swing so violently from year to year? One year of good defense but shitty offense then year of good offense and shitty defense and that's throughout his tenure.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        why does this team's O and D swing so violently from year to year? One year of good defense but shitty offense then year of good offense and shitty defense and that's throughout his tenure.
        The bad O is always there. it was hidden behind the chucking last season. Never had good D under Casey. He creates a terrible high usage player that gets shipped out, other players get shipped in and out every year. Preach the same garbage. Rinse and repeat

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Think we'll just continue to have issues at PF. Scola should probably be coming off the bench, and should probably be playing a bit of time at C. Biyombo should be playing less. If Pat can't get his shit together, start experimenting with lineups that have JJ or Bennett at the 4. They're both rebounding the ball better than 2Pat anyway, so it's not like you're really going smaller.
          In agreement. PP has been a huge disappointment at the 4.

Comment

• Patterson will play much better once he gets a chance with the starters where he can play a simpler, more focused role. Shoot the three. Be the quick rotating big on D. Try not to get thoroughly out rebounded. That's it. Literally nothing else.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Patterson will play much better once he gets a chance with the starters where he can play a simpler, more focused role. Shoot the three. Be the quick rotating big on D. Try not to get thoroughly out rebounded. That's it. Literally nothing else.
              The fact that Scola is starting ahead of PP suggests either DC has no faith in PP or PP has simply failed to take that coveted starting position.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                The fact that Scola is starting ahead of PP suggests either DC has no faith in PP or PP has simply failed to take that coveted starting position.
                Oh, absolutely Casey doesn't have faith in Patterson and let a few meaningless preseason games dictate his rotation strategy.

A good coach puts his players in a position to succeed. He doesn't wait for them to "take" a position.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• This poster in the quick reaction nailed it (not me, but I fully endorse everything written):

coachftw • a day ago
                  I need someone to explain this to me. You're up 3 with your big man shooting 8/11 at half and then he gets one shot in the second half... only ONE shot. And it wasn't like something else was rolling for the Raps, they lost the second half by 23 points. So, as a coach, how do you allow your team to do that? This is a classic Dwane Casey game... as soon as the game starts slipping away bench JV, and go to DeMar and Kyle Lowry (who by the way combined to go 9/30...) I won't deny DeMar and Kyle deserve some criticism but as the coach of a professional basketball team, how do you allow your team to go away from your most successful option by a wide margin in the first half to your guards bricking shot upon shot in the second half. There wasn't any accountability... KLow and DeMar continously jacked up shots with no benching, no change in gameplan. Instead the only gameplan seemingly was to go AWAY from JV... This is the exact same frustrating coach as last year.

Miami goes on an 8-0 run after Casey tries to go smallball... guess what happens after the timeout? NOTHING. Same exact lineup. This stubborness and boneheaded coach is the albatross around this team's neck. Absolutely astounding. There needs to be a change.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                    It speaks volumes of caseys at times stupidity for even continually using demar as a creator when there are guys far better at it than he is being called on to stand around

The manlove between coach and player is terrible.

Both need to go...both...

I don't worry about lowry as much cause he feeds off of the iso style . if ball is constantly swinging he goes along with that.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
                    I actually think Lowry is an excellend second option on offence. He can play any style on offence, but I think he and DD experienced some early season success with iso with wins against Dallas and OKC, and are now going with what feels natural to them.

That's why I was saying I'm concerned about bad habits returning after Dallas game when they were feeding DD in the post. May have been to right thing to do as far as punishing Dallas for going small, but also makes our players think that style can bring consistant success against good teams. Great if you can go back and fourth between motion and iso, but I don't think we have players with high enough IQ and dedication for that. They need to stick to motion and run with it, especially when the game gets tight.

Comment

why does this team's O and D swing so violently from year to year? One year of good defense but shitty offense then year of good offense and shitty defense and that's throughout his tenure.
                      It is pretty wild. Hopefully it balances out (our offense that is). The joys of basketball. And people said Casey wasn't an adaptive coach!

Comment

Because any 3-yr old can figure out which side of a see-saw to sit on to make the other side go up. But balancing it requires a little more skill and riding it requires co-ordination with another 3-yr old.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          Because any 3-yr old can figure out which side of a see-saw to sit on to make the other side go up. But balancing it requires a little more skill and riding it requires co-ordination with another 3-yr old.
                          "Ouch!"!!

That's one explanation. There are others. Masai obviously thought personnel was a pivotal issue.

Can we arrange an RR online session with that guy, I wonder ... ?

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                            That's one explanation. There are others. Masai obviously thought personnel was a pivotal issue.

Can we arrange an RR online session with that guy ... ?
                            Outside of one month Casey has been consistently terrible. The ORtg last year was from taking volume threes and not caring what happens. Hitting even slightly below avg rates of threes in really high volumes create lots of points. Knicks shot over 40% on high volume because there is no consequence versus the Raptors.

Comment

• With Carroll out, we don't have a true 3 save for JJ. But we all know JJ isn't a strong 3-point shooter, and neither is Scola.

Why not go with the good ol "People's Lineup", Casey? (KL, DD, JJ, PP & JV)

If Ross is still gone too, play DD at the 3 with Powell at the 2 and either JJ or PP at the 4.
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                                With Carroll out, we don't have a true 3 save for JJ. But we all know JJ isn't a strong 3-point shooter, and neither is Scola.

Why not go with the good ol "People's Lineup", Casey? (KL, DD, JJ, PP & JV)

If Ross is still gone too, play DD at the 3 with Powell at the 2 and either JJ or PP at the 4.
                                Or stop with the hockey line changes and pretend it's a playoff game

Comment

Working...
                                X