GAMETHREAD - Toronto Raptors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers - Oct. 18/15 6PM ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLF wrote: View Post
    Yea he had a couple of nice catch and shoot plays. One was a long 2 which isn't great but at least it was an iso long 2. He hit one and missed one but I like those shots a lot better for him than all this dribble dribble pull up foolishness he does.
    It seems like DeRozan hits a high percentage of those catch and shoot long twos. If you can make them, then take them. I understand it is better to shoot the three, but if you are hitting the three at 28% and hitting catch and shoot long twos at 41%, then you know what you need to do.

I absolutely agree he needs to pass off more frequently as opposed to shooting contested long twos.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
      ...He fit a lot better alongside Jonas than I thought he would. And his defense was a lot better against a stretch 4 like Love than I thought it would be...
      This.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
        It seems like DeRozan hits a high percentage of those catch and shoot long twos. If you can make them, then take them. I understand it is better to shoot the three, but if you are hitting the three at 28% and hitting catch and shoot long twos at 41%, then you know what you need to do.

I absolutely agree he needs to pass off more frequently as opposed to shooting contested long twos.
        he rarely gets into triple threat position on catches. its why the ball sticks when he gets it, since he resets the offense every time allowing the d to reset. the only time he seems prepared is when its a play designed to get him to the rim

Comment

• Interesting thing happened today at the game. Everytime DD missed a shot a lota fans, I mean A LOT of fans from my section started booing. I can see this situation getting as ugly as Bargnani's if Demar doesn't start making those shots.

Comment

• Out of the 3 guys, I'd let Bennett have that burn as a starter. He's going to get regular minutes with the way he's been playing, and he's been great on the glass.

Give the 3 of them each fair minutes at different times.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
              he rarely gets into triple threat position on catches. its why the ball sticks when he gets it, since he resets the offense every time allowing the d to reset. the only time he seems prepared is when its a play designed to get him to the rim
              No argument from me. But kudos to him when he DOES get a catch and shoot situation and shoots it. Gotta provide positive reinforcement when a guy does the right thing if you want to see more of the right thing happening. :-)

Comment

No argument from me. But kudos to him when he DOES get a catch and shoot situation and shoots it. Gotta provide positive reinforcement when a guy does the right thing if you want to see more of the right thing happening. :-)
                agreed rather Casey bench him for making a long two off a dribble then misses three open shots. at least pass the ball before the other team resets. demar held then dribbled then passed for other players to take bad shots

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                  Interesting thing happened today at the game. Everytime DD missed a shot a lota fans, I mean A LOT of fans from my section started booing. I can see this situation getting as ugly as Bargnani's if Demar doesn't start making those shots.
                  impossible.
                  Demar is in his contract year, unless some injury happens he's for sure going to be an allstar. Fans don't boo all stars.

Don't take much from pre-season
                  correct me if im wrong but didn't the Heat (year they won there ring) win like 0 or 1 preseason game only?then went on to win it all
                  Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• I'll boo Demar
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Booing DeMar, that's what we've come to? Disgusting.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                        Out of the 3 guys, I'd let Bennett have that burn as a starter. He's going to get regular minutes with the way he's been playing, and he's been great on the glass.

Give the 3 of them each fair minutes at different times.
                        I agree. Scola is great off the bench, Patterson can be a spark from there too. In this starting five, Carroll would be the new Amir. Bennett, the new Ross.

I'm not talking about position, but role in the lineup. Let's see if Bennett can make good of this great opportunity.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                          Booing DeMar, that's what we've come to? Disgusting.
                          medias' fault.

Comment

• Do not boo DeMar, lads. We ain't Knicks or Philly fans. We love Santa and We The North.

Comment

Puffer I'm going to stop you right there.

Shooting 28% from three is actually mathematically better than 41% for the long two.....

Comment

• Not if you shoot a whole lot of long twos

Comment

Working...
                                X