Raptors May Look To Move Jack This Summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What will BC do about our PG situation:

Jack is too valuable to trade away. His contract is a relative bargain and he's he the best defender at his position on the team. He should be our starting PG and should get 30 MPG.

Calderon is too overpaid to trade away. There isn't a team in the league that wants to acquire a defensively-challenged back-up quality PG making $10M per for the next 3 years. Regardless of his contract, he should only get 18 MPG next season.

Marcus Banks is the one who'll be traded. He's got a $4.7M expiring contract and we may be able to trade him (w/ Belinelli's $2.4M expiring contract) for a starting-caliber veteran wing player.
    RR OG

Comment

I was saying this at trade deadline and I say it again...Jose Calderon got to go

Comment

Why can't we have both pgs and trade Hedo Turk.!! OMG!!

The MOST IMPORTANT reason i want Calderon on the Raptor because...................................I don't want my calderon jersey to be outdated!!...lol

Comment

Calderon cannot be traded because his contract is absurd (4 years/$9 million per). Even the Lakers cannot afford him.

Comment

I would be shocked to see Jack moved. He is a good player on a great contract, Colangelo would need something pretty nice in return for Jack. Jose on the other hand...
            I Am Shutup

Comment

d1m45h wrote: View Post
              I was saying this at trade deadline and I say it again...Jose Calderon got to go
              Despite his defensive deficiencies, Calderon was one of the more valuable Raptors this past season. Every player played better when Jose was on the floor than when he wasn't. I like Jack, and wouldn't like to see him traded, but he simply doesn't have the same kind of impact on the floor that Calderon has. Personally, I'd rather improve the defense around him and keep him.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

TIm W. wrote: View Post
                Despite his defensive deficiencies, Calderon was one of the more valuable Raptors this past season. Every player played better when Jose was on the floor than when he wasn't. I like Jack, and wouldn't like to see him traded, but he simply doesn't have the same kind of impact on the floor that Calderon has. Personally, I'd rather improve the defense around him and keep him.
                If the Raps do decide to keep Calderon as our starting PG next year, the first move to improve our starting units defence has to be moving Hedo to the bench as our 6th man.

Personally, I think Cory Maggette could rejuvenate his career and be a boarder line all-star as a starting SF on an Eastern Conference team. (FYI - Calderon for Maggette straight-up works in the Trade Machine.)
                RR OG

Comment

MattyG-Ray wrote: View Post
                  I would be shocked to see Jack moved. He is a good player on a great contract, Colangelo would need something pretty nice in return for Jack. Jose on the other hand...
                  I think Jack's contract is actually something that makes him more likely to be moved. He's easy to add to a trade because of it and we know Colangelo is looking to hit some dingers this season in a bid to first keep Chris and then second to get a new contract for himself.

James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
                  If the Raps do decide to keep Calderon as our starting PG next year, the first move to improve our starting units defence has to be moving Hedo to the bench as our 6th man.
                  I agree 100% with you. If Jose stay then the guys around him need to be able to pick up the slack.

James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
                  Personally, I think Cory Maggette could rejuvenate his career and be a boarder line all-star as a starting SF on an Eastern Conference team. (FYI - Calderon for Maggette straight-up works in the Trade Machine.)
                  Maggette has proven time and time again to play for himself, not the team. Do the Raptors need a guy with a low ball IQ out there "getting his"? Below is a little something that that made me chuckle a few years back:

According to sources, after the final buzzer against Boston, Celtics forward Kevin Garnett turned to Maggette and shouted, "Way to get your numbers."

"He just puts his head down and goes to the basket," an Eastern Conference scout said. "He doesn't even look to pass."

Word from team sources is that the Warriors are already regretting signing Maggette to a five-year, $50 million deal last offseason.
                  HoopsVibe.com
                  Last edited by Apollo; Mon Apr 19, 2010, 09:33 AM.

Comment

I understand that Josh Childress might be interested in coming back to play in the NBA.

He is still the property of the Hawks and I believe a restricted free agent. He was making about $3.6 million in his last season before went to Europe two seasons ago.

Bibby is not getting any younger and the Hawks don't really have a good backup for for him. If Childress did come back and signed with the Hawks he would come off the bench for them like he did before he left.

The dollars work on a Jack for Childress trade. I think he would be a good addition to the Raptors. The trade would be an even better one if BC could find a way to move Turk freeing up either Weems or Childress to start at the #3. At this point I think Childress is better or at least he was 2 seasons ago when I last saw him play. He will be 27 this coming June.
                    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

So here is the thing

Jack for Childress

Then Hedo and Jose for CP3

Sign Bosh and we have

Bosh
                      Bargnani
                      J. Childress
                      S. Weems
                      CP3

Looks good to me
                      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

If Joe Johnson bails on the Hawks anyone think Childress suddenly becomes a priority to them again?

Comment

abstract wrote: View Post
                          Exactly!

It certainly doesn't make sense, but I'm wondering if BC is actually serious about getting a legitimate PG now instead of splitting the duty between two mediocre-talented players.

If Jack is moved for another backup pg or a combo guard then I totally agree that it makes no sense and it only alludes further to Colangelo's lack of direction or long term planning.
                          hey, at least colangelo is trying to win it all now and doesn't have a failed 3 or 5 year plan.

when jack started we were good foir the most part the same cannot be said about jose.

jack started=middle of season=good

jose started=beggining and end of season=crap

however, i like jose and he's said he doesn't give a shit whether he starts or not. i don't know why you keep juggling him he should just be the back up for a full season that is where he seems best and that was the year where we won the atlantic title.

when he came off the bench this year we had a chance at the atlantic title. this was a 50 win team but something happened what it was i guess we need to watch what the difference was where we did bad and where we did good, i know one of them was jack starting.

but, there were other factors, another was reggie wasn't playing.

if i'm gm i'm keeping jack he's starting next year and i'm shippin out reggie.
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I think the only reason Colangelo wants to trade one of Jose or Jack is to avoid another situation like the one he had with TJ and Calderon a couple of years.

That negative experience is driving his actions ... but it's the right thing to do anyway (not enough minutes to go around, that two guard backcourt was killing the team) so it is fairly unimportant why he is doing it.
                            nbaroundtable

Comment

Its funny that when we see things on tv or at the game and have the wins/losses to back them up we assume that certain combination's work and other don't.

I thought that Jack worked much better as a starter than Jose and still believe that, but looking at the stats the Jose/Derozan/Turk/Bosh/Bargs had a much better points per possession at 1.14 to the Jack/Derozan/Turk/Bosh/Bargs at 1.02 and the defense was actually a tiny bit better with each coming at 1.14 and 1.15 respectively.

Furthermore, the best two line ups were Jack-Weems-Wright-Bargnani-Bosh at 1.19 ppp and 0.91 ppp and Calderon-Weems-Turkoglu-Johnson-Bargnani at 1.19 ppp and 1.10 ppp.

The Jack lineups are better defensively and the Jose lineups better offensively at around the same differential, but when Jose is paired with Weems his defensive shortcomings are significantly neutralized.

Whenever Derozan was on the floor, both point guards suffered tremendously on the defensive end.

I've been a fairly rabid anti Jose crusader, but the stats clearly show that if he is playing with better defensive wing players, than he is decisively bringing more to the table than taking off.

Comment

Working...
                              X