Lucas Nogueira

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Also using Per 36 to gauge Bebe, is laughable. There is a reason why he isn't playing 36 minutes per game. Part of it is that we are guard heavy dominated team that is more effective being that way. The other part is that Bebe cannot create his own offense and normally tasked in defending and rebounding against other team bench players for the majority of his minutes. Bebe should be our 11-13 man that comes in certain situations like a JaVale McGee but not heavy minutes.

This is why in the long run Poeltl should be our guy as a back up big. Although he doesn't have the rim protection, or the play making ability of Bebe, he can be more creative offensively and can be more consistent player in the long run.
    In a way it's too bad Siakam got off to a hot start and now seems to be the placeholder until Sully returns, Poeltl's the odd man out but I'd really like to see him getting some minutes for the sake of his development. I think he has the tools to be better than Bebe or Siakam. He's only been given one D-League game, he put up 21 and 15 with 6 ORB. He's in no man's land right now, being kept with the big club but not getting any burn.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      In a way it's too bad Siakam got off to a hot start and now seems to be the placeholder until Sully returns, Poeltl's the odd man out but I'd really like to see him getting some minutes for the sake of his development. I think he has the tools to be better than Bebe or Siakam. He's only been given one D-League game, he put up 21 and 15 with 6 ORB. He's in no man's land right now, being kept with the big club but not getting any burn.
      I think Poeltl should be the placeholder from here on in. He's a better rebounder, better defender, and has equal spacing/range (zero)
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        I think Poeltl should be the placeholder from here on in. He's a better rebounder, better defender, and has equal spacing/range (zero)
        Would still be better to start Pat, but if we are treating the rooks like placeholders, we've clearly burned through the first one. Next man up.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Would still be better to start Pat, but if we are treating the rooks like placeholders, we've clearly burned through the first one. Next man up.
          It's the only reason I can think of for not starting Patterson for the first 5-7 minutes of the game. Based on lineup usage, they clearly know Patterson lineups are better, but either they want to limit him to about 28 mpg for some reason we don't know about or they don't want to mess with rotations and they're using Siakam to hold down the spot that will eventually go to Sully? I don't know. Casey does seem to have a "don't mess with the lineups if the team is winning" propensity. Some coaches like to tinker.

Comment

It's the only reason I can think of for not starting Patterson for the first 5-7 minutes of the game. Based on lineup usage, they clearly know Patterson lineups are better, but either they want to limit him to about 28 mpg for some reason we don't know about or they don't want to mess with rotations and they're using Siakam to hold down the spot that will eventually go to Sully? I don't know. Casey does seem to have a "don't mess with the lineups if the team is winning" propensity. Some coaches like to tinker.
            It's just weird. We assume it's because Casey doesn't want to mess with rotations, so much so that he'll start a completely unproven rookie like Siakam when the starter (Sully in this case) goes down. But if JV goes down, we start Biz instead of keeping him off the bench, no hesitation. If Carroll goes down, we start Ross for a long stretch. Seems like it's a rule that only applies to Patterson.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

The other reason might be that Casey & staff feel that Lowry+Bench (sans DD) against other teams benches (with a fresh Pat) is a greater advantage that can be exploited than Lowry+DD+Pat as starters vs. other teams starters. DeRozan also creates a different dynamic in terms of ball movement and usage.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                The other reason might be that Casey & staff feel that Lowry+Bench (sans DD) against other teams benches (with a fresh Pat) is a greater advantage that can be exploited than Lowry+DD+Pat as starters vs. other teams starters. DeRozan also creates a different dynamic in terms of ball movement and usage.
                They may feel that way. But a) the numbers don't bear that out (both lineups are similarly effective in terms of net rating, and a starting unit would be able to play much larger minutes than a bench unit, making the overallnet positive more valuable), and b) we saw exactly what happened last year when we still had that great bench but teams for the most part didn't play along and run out bench units against them for very long. The gains from the bench unit can't overcome losses from the starters when the minutes load shifts to 80%+ starters.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  They may feel that way. But a) the numbers don't bear that out (both lineups are similarly effective in terms of net rating, and a starting unit would be able to play much larger minutes than a bench unit, making the overallnet positive more valuable), and b) we saw exactly what happened last year when we still had that great bench but teams for the most part didn't play along and run out bench units against them for very long. The gains from the bench unit can't overcome losses from the starters when the minutes load shifts to 80%+ starters.
                  Point b is really good. In the playoffs teams don't play their benches for as long so our bench didn't dominate other teams like it did during the regular season. I honestly just want Sully back. Patterson starting is ideal but it won't happen. Casey isn't blind. You cant tell me that he doesn't see how bad our starting lineup is with Pascal, because if he didn't he wouldn't start Patterson in the third. So at this point I'll take anything, and a 70% Sully is better than a 100% Pascal at this point. And even if he isn't great individually he shouldn't hurt whatever lineup he's on as bad as Pascal does.
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    This is the most likely reason and it does make sense. It's the same logic Kerr used to explain why he doesn't start the death lineup.

Comment

• Man, that guy has really impressed me this season. Great backup to JV.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                        Man, that guy has really impressed me this season. Great backup to JV.
                        This guy @ $2m is infinitely more valuable to the team than Biyombo @ $17m. SEVENTEEN MILLION. SAD!

Comment

This guy @ $2m is infinitely more valuable to the team than Biyombo @ $17m. SEVENTEEN MILLION. SAD!
                          I agree, but I sure wish he would chin the ball. I hate seeing his arms straight in the air when he rebounds the ball, no strength or toughness.
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                            I agree, but I sure wish he would chin the ball. I hate seeing his arms straight in the air when he rebounds the ball, no strength or toughness.
                            Yeah, he gets pushed around too much in the paint so when he fights for a rebound , it's usually the other guy that gets it. Needs to work on lower body strength and hopefully this summer it will be his top priority.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              Yeah, he gets pushed around too much in the paint so when he fights for a rebound , it's usually the other guy that gets it. Needs to work on lower body strength and hopefully this summer it will be his top priority.
                              If he can also stop looking baffled by every call that would be great too.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                                If he can also stop looking baffled by every call that would be great too.
                                The leaders of the team aren't exactly setting a good example.

The attitude should be similar to the one done by Powell and Patterson, when a call doesn't go their way they don't lose their cool and rarely make faces or get a stupid tech for running their mouths.

Comment

Working...
                                X