Lucas Nogueira

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
    The leaders of the team aren't exactly setting a good example.

The attitude should be similar to the one done by Powell and Patterson, when a call doesn't go their way they don't lose their cool and rarely make faces or get a stupid tech for running their mouths.
    Agreed.

I don't mind occasionally a player is upset but to watch Bebe on every dumb foul he makes (most are quite obvious), see him arms out, starring at the refs bewildered, looking up at the screen, blabbing about it for 15-20secs after the call has been made and I'm sure it gets under the refs skin too. I do find our leaders complain a bit much too but I will also say I really do find the DeRozan doesn't get enough calls...majority of the time he goes to basket, there's contact. Literally I've had so many times I went back n watch a youtube HL of his game and so many of his buckets look like And 1s but he doesn't get the call. But all the same the whinning needs to stop from everybody, play hard and the game will sort itself out.

Comment

The attitude should be similar to the one done by Powell and Patterson, when a call doesn't go their way they don't lose their cool and rarely make faces or get a stupid tech for running their mouths.
      Norm once in a while seems to get down on himself after a bad play and it effects him for awhile I do agree Kyle and Demar should set a better example on questionable calls disagreeing to me is fine but only to a certain level. There is absolutely nothing to gain by getting a tech.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
        I do find our leaders complain a bit much too but I will also say I really do find the DeRozan doesn't get enough calls...majority of the time he goes to basket, there's contact. Literally I've had so many times I went back n watch a youtube HL of his game and so many of his buckets look like And 1s but he doesn't get the call. But all the same the whinning needs to stop from everybody, play hard and the game will sort itself out.
        You are right that Derozan doesn't get enough calls but he isn't going to get those calls by making his angry faces, whining and swearing at the refs. In the playoffs things get more physical and there are even less calls, so he has to find a way to get his without losing his cool. I think its Casey's job more then anything to be in the Ref's ear when he isn't happy about non calls and DD should just worry about playing, you don't get the call you want, don't dwell on it, use your anger/frustration to run back to the other side and play some solid defense and you can get your ball back to try again.

Comment

Some of the techs Lowry gets should be taken by Casey. God forbid he should stand up for his players more often.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
            Norm once in a while seems to get down on himself after a bad play and it effects him for awhile I do agree Kyle and Demar should set a better example on questionable calls disagreeing to me is fine but only to a certain level. There is absolutely nothing to gain by getting a tech.
            That's normal, Norm is still a newbie and being on a short leash with Casey at times will make him get down on himself and affect his play. But I never saw Norm show his angry face or stare down the ref, I never saw Norm yapping and getting T'd-up for it. Those things are avoidable.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              This guy @ $2m is infinitely more valuable to the team than Biyombo @ $17m. SEVENTEEN MILLION. SAD!
              I think I saw what you did there. lol. Nice.

Comment

• We need to get #takethelayup trending for Bebe, it's so infuriating to see him always not take open lay ups to pass it out to shooters.

Comment

• I would completely take him out of the rotation. Just rotate, JV, Ibaka, PP with Poetl as the 4th big.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                    I would completely take him out of the rotation. Just rotate, JV, Ibaka, PP with Poetl as the 4th big.
                    Unfortunately its most likely going to be Poeltl out of the rotation with Ibaka coming in. JV will see no minutes in the 4th as per usual, with Bebe getting some minutes and Ibaka getting the rest in a small ball lineup.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                      We need to get #takethelayup trending for Bebe, it's so infuriating to see him always not take open lay ups to pass it out to shooters.
                      Also annoying to see him hang his head, like his dog just died, after every whistle against him.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Also annoying to see him hang his head, like his dog just died, after every whistle against him.
                        ^This.

It'so annoying.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          I would completely take him out of the rotation. Just rotate, JV, Ibaka, PP with Poetl as the 4th big.
                          Come on, it was one good game (quarter!) from Poeltl. He has been put out there other times this year and it's about 50/50 whether he does something effective or looks completely lost and blows plays.

Bebe has limitations but is still the most useful 7 footer after JV. Last night showed what Poeltl can be, it doesn't mean he's there yet. Being able to bring it every night is the #1 thing you have to have to crack the regular rotation, we haven't seen it from Poeltl yet.

Use Bebe in a trade package this summer and give Poeltl his job next year.

There should be fewer backup C minutes anyway with Ibaka, which is good, Bebe/Poeltl/Siakam all too underdeveloped to ride them as much as the Raptors have needed to this season.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• The coach keeps saying that we need to play with more toughness and physicality. Bebe brings NONE of that. He's not even that good of a defender. And he's a HORRIBLE rebounder.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Yeah but IF Casey does the Wright thing then PNR with yak n delon should help yak. He has a good touch around and the rim and those guys know each other. 2nd units usually don't have that continuity unless they've played together awhile. Yak and dw are used to being #1/2 option together for a whole game.
                              Bebe had a terrible sequence in the 2nd where he fumbled the pass and tried a couple post ups that was like watching butter melt. Jv avg like 3 or 4 post ups a gm.

Comment

• I agree with all the flaws being brought about bebe most involving lack of strength and his fouling/pouting but he also seems not to be playing to his strengths as well he should be quick enough to move back to guard the three point line and his rim presence is eroding compared to the beginning of the year.

Comment

Working...
                                X