Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread: Lucas Nogueira

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    Come on, it was one good game (quarter!) from Poeltl. He has been put out there other times this year and it's about 50/50 whether he does something effective or looks completely lost and blows plays.

Bebe has limitations but is still the most useful 7 footer after JV. Last night showed what Poeltl can be, it doesn't mean he's there yet. Being able to bring it every night is the #1 thing you have to have to crack the regular rotation, we haven't seen it from Poeltl yet.

Use Bebe in a trade package this summer and give Poeltl his job next year.

There should be fewer backup C minutes anyway with Ibaka, which is good, Bebe/Poeltl/Siakam all too underdeveloped to ride them as much as the Raptors have needed to this season.
    I agree that BeBe is still solid. I'd move him in a trade package with Cory/Carroll if I could though, with ideally a cheap, decent depth wing coming back. Clears salary, a couple of gluts, and paves the way for Poeltl and Wright to get the playing time they need to develop.

2. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Another problem with Bebe is that he doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes in game. Against the Pelicans a couple of weeks ago he keep having his hands down when Anthony Davis drove on him and kept getting called for fouls, although obviously that's a tough cover. But even last night Kaminsky kept just blowing right on by him, and his habit of jumping at anything slightly resembling a pumpfake is well known.

But still, he's better than Poetl most nights and so I think he should remain the back up for now. He's a pseudo-rookie as well in terms of playing time. It's a good thing long term that we've got 2 young back up bigs we can play.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote lewro wrote: View Post
    Yeah but IF Casey does the Wright thing then PNR with yak n delon should help yak. He has a good touch around and the rim and those guys know each other...
    One thing about Yak that has impressed me tremendously is how quickly he goes up. I believe he is the fastest player on the team at going from receiving the ball to throwing it through the hoop.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Can we officially change his nickname from "Bebe" to "Moving Screen?"

Please and thanks.

6. Like planetmars liked this post
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread Information